Round 2 Predictions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Round 2 Predictions

Post by flyers2011 »

Lasalle vs Leamington
With Leamington winning a playoff series this year I consider it success for them during this rebuild. The Vipers have a strong veteran team that can score, personally I think the Flyers are too young and small to win a 7 game series vs Lasalle, however I do expect it to be close and a good series.
Vipers in 6

London vs Chatham
This is difficult both teams are very good and pretty even, however Chatham has been playing some pretty good hockey lately and ill give them the edge.
Maroons in 6

On a side note, With Leamington knocking out Sarnia, I heard today that makes Flyers Head coach tony Piroski 9 series wins and 0 series losses vs Sarnia Head Coach Mark Davis which dates back to there Junior C days, crazy stat.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: Round 2 Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

(1) LaSalle vs (4) Leamington;

LaSalle has a lot of offense but still has a suspect defense, IMO. They have a great goalie who will need to be on top of his game if they're going to win this series. Leamington has had a great season for a team that's rebuilding. They have a couple of steady scorers, but mostly rely on team depth, like previous years to get the job done. On paper their defensive system's should be a bit better than LaSalle's, but they do lack experience. This series should be a lot closer than it looks on paper.

LaSalle in 6

(2) Chatham vs (3) London;

This series will feature some great hockey. Both teams are very deep at forward. London features several veteran scorers up front. Notables being Trottier, Nother, Kemp, Sinclair, Brookshaw, Glover, Vinogradov etc. And that's only naming 7 of their many skilled forwards.

Chatham also has some deep scoring. Notables being D`Agostino, Sarfati, Gursoy, McGeen, Yetman, Harrison, Thompson, etc. And like London, that's only naming 7 of their many skilled forwards.

I give the edge to London up front, as they just seem to have more veteran forwards... Both teams have a solid defense, but Chatham seemed to be better in that department in the first round. Considering both teams just faced red-hot teams in the first round, that seems like the best measuring stick so far in these playoffs. So I'll give the edge to Chatham.

Most series end up coming down to goaltending. So this is where things get interesting. In my opinion, both teams have had average goaltending at times this season, but I have a feeling about Chatham's guy. I'll call them even in goal.

I see both team's having strong games in this series, games that could make one team look better than the other one night, and the other team look better the next night. Hard series to call, but...

Chatham in 7
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 am (1) LaSalle vs (4) Leamington;

LaSalle has a lot of offense but still has a suspect defense, IMO. They have a great goalie who will need to be on top of his game if they're going to win this series. Leamington has had a great season for a team that's rebuilding. They have a couple of steady scorers, but mostly rely on team depth, like previous years to get the job done. On paper their defensive system's should be a bit better than LaSalle's, but they do lack experience. This series should be a lot closer than it looks on paper.

LaSalle in 6

(2) Chatham vs (3) London;

This series will feature some great hockey. Both teams are very deep at forward. London features several veteran scorers up front. Notables being Trottier, Nother, Kemp, Sinclair, Brookshaw, Glover, Vinogradov etc. And that's only naming 7 of their many skilled forwards.

Chatham also has some deep scoring. Notables being D`Agostino, Sarfati, Gursoy, McGeen, Yetman, Harrison, Thompson, etc. And like London, that's only naming 7 of their many skilled forwards.

I give the edge to London up front, as they just seem to have more veteran forwards... Both teams have a solid defense, but Chatham seemed to be better in that department in the first round. Considering both teams just faced red-hot teams in the first round, that seems like the best measuring stick so far in these playoffs. So I'll give the edge to Chatham.

Most series end up coming down to goaltending. So this is where things get interesting. In my opinion, both teams have had average goaltending at times this season, but I have a feeling about Chatham's guy. I'll call them even in goal.

I see both team's having strong games in this series, games that could make one team look better than the other one night, and the other team look better the next night. Hard series to call, but...

Chatham in 7
Chatham in 5
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

All 5 Semi-Final series go tonight. I'm gonna make some bold predictions about the games, which I've never done before, and we'll see by 10 how right or wrong I am.

St Catharines and Niagara Falls - I think the Falls are gonna build off their OT win from last night and tie this up tonight.

Listowel and Waterloo - Listowel will end it tonight.

Elmira and Kitchener - I think Elmira will take the 3-2 lead.

LaSalle and Leamington - I'm going with a Leamington win tonight.

Chatham and London - Chatham is going to tie this up tonight.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:02 pm All 5 Semi-Final series go tonight. I'm gonna make some bold predictions about the games, which I've never done before, and we'll see by 10 how right or wrong I am.

St Catharines and Niagara Falls - I think the Falls are gonna build off their OT win from last night and tie this up tonight.

Listowel and Waterloo - Listowel will end it tonight.

Elmira and Kitchener - I think Elmira will take the 3-2 lead.

LaSalle and Leamington - I'm going with a Leamington win tonight.

Chatham and London - Chatham is going to tie this up tonight.
Good call, I agree with your take. Should be an interesting night. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
shady

Post by shady »

Looks Like London and Leamington want it more . Chatham dominated again in London .
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I went 4 for 5 tonight.

I didn't count on Chatham shitting the bed. I never give you guys a win, or the edge, and when I do, this happens.
Queen of the GOJHL

brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Aparently the maroons forgot there was a hockey game to play tonight now they have there work cut out and truth be told even ill be surprised if its notba london and leamington final
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!