Troubles in Rocket land ?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Troubles in Rocket land ?

Post by flyers2011 »

hearing there are some big issues in Strathroy, possible GM and coaching changes on the way. How bad have the Rockets been ? in there last 4 years in the playoffs, the Rockets have 1 win and 16 losses. Attendance has dropped pretty big. Looks like a change would do some good there.
End of a era in Leamington
Unhappy fan

Re: Troubles in Rocket land ?

Post by Unhappy fan »

The house cleaning can't happen fast enough! We have sat in those stands for many many years and this has been brutal to watch. As I have previously stated these young men deserve better. To have to play night after night being coached by someone who's talents were vastly overrated. What I don't understand was why it was allowed to continue for the entire season?
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

A return of the GM before this one maybe ? If they can convince him to come back ?
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I'm curious on RG's opinion on what's wrong with her rockets and how things can be improved ?
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Didn't there owner promise a Sutherland Cup when he took over ? Not positive on that though RG will know. Not being a smart ass here at all either I am curious to see what she has to say she is a very loyal fan to them and has been involved with them for years I know I have given her a hard time in the past but this is forum and everybody can have an opinion on something but very curious to see what she has to say if anything at all even.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You don’t want my opinion, you want some fuel added to your fires. This is a lose-lose situation for me. I could substantiate some opinions you guys have, and risk having management and the Board pissed at me, or go against your opinions and then you guys will all attack me. Doesn’t really sound like fun for me, so I’m gonna stay out of this and we’ll see what happens during the off-season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Fair enough no fuel at all just wanted to see what you had to say
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

that's the response I expected.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

just wanted to see if I was right.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You don't like me, my team or my organization, so why do you care what we're doing or what my opinion is?

But I knew this was a trap, that's why you got a non-response.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Way to make this about yourself. What's the point in even responding in the forum if you just want to hold grudges. What a child you are.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Chillax. Jesus.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

When you're one of the more hated people around the league, and on here, topics have a tendency to become about you.

They did ask me a question afterall. And it's not a secret that Flyers has a very strong dislike for me. Hey, the 2 of you can bond and discuss all the things you don't like about me. RG, bringing people together!
Queen of the GOJHL

Blades

Post by Blades »

SugarKing wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:38 pm Way to make this about yourself. What's the point in even responding in the forum if you just want to hold grudges. What a child you are.
RG was responding to a post in which a question was "asked" of her by BillyTheKid and I quote
Didn't there owner promise a Sutherland Cup when he took over ? Not positive on that though RG will know. Not being a smart ass here at all either I am curious to see what she has to say she is a very loyal fan to them and has been involved with them for years I know I have given her a hard time in the past but this is forum and everybody can have an opinion on something but very curious to see what she has to say if anything at all even.
She replied with an honest answer acknowledging that the best thing for her was to not engage on this particular topic. She DIDN'T make the topic about her but again, when she makes an honest response she gets slammed for it. Seriously people???!!! Calling RG out because she has "the nerve" to respond to people and then calling her a child? You don't have to like responses given by posters on this forum but there's no need to resort to name calling.
How about we all show a bit of respect, agreeing to disagree -- it's called conversation, which is what this forum *should* be providing.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Blades you ALWAYS come to the defence of RG, even when she is in the wrong which happens a lot. She was simply asked what her opinion was about the situation then she starts throwing around accusations. But I would not expect any less from RG, I mean she is the queen right ?
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:02 pm When you're one of the more hated people around the league, and on here, topics have a tendency to become about you.

They did ask me a question afterall. And it's not a secret that Flyers has a very strong dislike for me. Hey, the 2 of you can bond and discuss all the things you don't like about me. RG, bringing people together!
I respect you for not wanting to give a response it's fine with me. Have to sit back and wait and see what happens in the off season if they even do anything at all.... my opinion there needs to be changes but where do they start do they clean house ? If they do they then better have somebody in mind to come in and want to clean up this mess. I think it's going to be hard to find somebody to come in. Takes up a lot of your time to do what these guys do wether it be GM or head coach let's be honest there not getting paid much to do it.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

And that's the thing, it takes a lot of time, energy, commitment, time spent away from family, etc to run a Jr hockey team, and most people don't realize that.

People sit here anonymously and carve up different teams for their choices, and how they should do this or that or anything else. How about you step up and volunteer? If you don't like the decisions that have been made, get involved, join the Board, and see how easy it is to make these choices.
Queen of the GOJHL

BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 pm And that's the thing, it takes a lot of time, energy, commitment, time spent away from family, etc to run a Jr hockey team, and most people don't realize that.

People sit here anonymously and carve up different teams for their choices, and how they should do this or that or anything else. How about you step up and volunteer? If you don't like the decisions that have been made, get involved, join the Board, and see how easy it is to make these choices.
I would love to step up and help out but like I said it takes up a lot of your time and time is something I don't have. I'm not sitting here and saying there easy choices to make. All I'm saying as a fan I would like to see some changes and that's all wouldn't you? Changes meaning put a winning team on the ice get people excited to go to the rink again and watch the boys play. It's been a while since there has been a lot of buzz around town about the team. I would like to see it get back to that I know it takes time to do but I hope it happens some day soon
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Perhaps bringing back Dan Gibson would be an option if he was interested ?
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

flyers2011 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:24 pm Perhaps bringing back Dan Gibson would be an option if he was interested ?
Does anybody know what he has been up to ? Working with another team? Would be great if they got him back. Is he interested in coming back to the Rockets?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Dan serves on the OHA Board of Directors and is the director of scouting for the UWO Mustangs Men's hockey team.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

what would be your opinion RG if the Rockets brought back Dan Gibson ?? I just ask you because I know how involved you are with the rockets and such, just curious what you think ?
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Marcie wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:19 pm Dan serves on the OHA Board of Directors and is the director of scouting for the UWO Mustangs Men's hockey team.
Really? Didn't know that good for him he won't be back then
FedUpSeenEnough

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

With Glover out of the head coach position now, who will be next to coach the Rockets?
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

FedUpSeenEnough wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:59 am With Glover out of the head coach position now, who will be next to coach the Rockets?
Doesn't matter nothing will change I just seen that Bondy is coming back
FedUpSeenEnough

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

Other than the obvious 16 year old anchor, Bondi did a good job with player personnel that were available at the start of the year, and astoundingly well adding 3 players as free agents through the season that were better than most on the team already. Definitely agree he made a mistake on hiring the coach and compounded it not turfing him when it became plain that he was not working out. Moving on from coach this off season is the right move. Hopefully he keeps up the good work on the new hire, whoever that may be.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

FedUpSeenEnough wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 pm Other than the obvious 16 year old anchor, Bondi did a good job with player personnel that were available at the start of the year, and astoundingly well adding 3 players as free agents through the season that were better than most on the team already. Definitely agree he made a mistake on hiring the coach and compounded it not turfing him when it became plain that he was not working out. Moving on from coach this off season is the right move. Hopefully he keeps up the good work on the new hire, whoever that may be.
Believe me nothing will change at best a 6th place finish next year. Time to clean house there. I know it's hard to get the right person in there and I know somebody will say well why don't you do it mr know it all well guess what I can't but this is a forum and everybody has an opinion. It hasn't work with Bondi there since he's taken over as GM and it never will. Isn't there a certain somebody that lives in strathroy that used to coach the sting ast coach with the knights coached out east son of plays for the habs can't think of his name though? Has the president ever asked him to be GM or Head coach. Or have they asked Gibson to come back and get Van Massanvoven sorry don't know the spelling lol. Back involved? I don't know just my opinion team seemed to be pretty good when they were around. I sure do hope I'm wrong and they can turn things around there with the personnel they have bc I miss watching good games on Saturday nights. Not saying there wasn't any good games there this year just saying there wasn't to many
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I think Jacques is busy and I'm not sure that's the direction we should go in.

But since you're bringing back Gibby and DVM and this is 2006, do you think you can bring back my Dad too? That's the only one of the bunch I'd like to have back.
Queen of the GOJHL

Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

The Rockets don't need someone like who's name we will not speak. The reason the Sting let him go were more than hockey related.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 am I think Jacques is busy and I'm not sure that's the direction we should go in.

But since you're bringing back Gibby and DVM and this is 2006, do you think you can bring back my Dad too? That's the only one of the bunch I'd like to have back.
Point taken... guess you weren't fans of them but from what I seen they always put a good product on the ice and turned the program around did they not? Just my opinion