Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

First round playoff predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

(1) LaSalle vs (8) Strathroy- LaSalle in 6

(2) Chatham vs (7) St.Thomas- Chatham in 5

(3) London vs (6) St.Marys- London in 5

(4) Leamington vs (5) Sarnia- Leamington in 6
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Lilomnivore

Re: First round playoff predictions

Post by Lilomnivore »

With the return of key players, Chatham should go on a tear. But Seedott has and likely will again steal a game for St Thomas. I say Chatham in 5 as well.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

(1) LaSalle vs (8) Strathroy- LaSalle in 4

(2) Chatham vs (7) St.Thomas- Chatham in 5

(3) London vs (6) St.Marys- London in 4

(4) Leamington vs (5) Sarnia- Sarnia in 7
BlackJacket

Post by BlackJacket »

Lasalle sweeeep
Chatham should sweep but if they play like they did tonight who the hell knows
London in 5
Leamo Sarnia.. flyers in 5. Or Sarnia upsets.if upset is happening that would be it IMO
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

For the Strathroy Rockets fans, this year can't end fast enough. I not sure using the word disappointing quite covers the feeling of sitting through so many losses. From my own perspective there is one really big issue and hopefully post season that boil is lanced. However, there will always be next season and new beginnings (I hope). However, if there isn't a major shakeup, there will be even more empty seats come the fall.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Lasalle vs Strathroy - Vipers in 5

Chatham vs St Thomas - Maroons in 5

London vs St Mary's - Nationals in 5

Leamington vs Sarnia - Flyers in 6
End of a era in Leamington
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

LaSalle - 4
Chatham - 4
London - 4
Leamington - 5
nineteensixty5

Post by nineteensixty5 »

I can't see any of the top 3 seeds getting upset, but I'll go on a "limb" and suggest that one of them will get a scare - at least 6 games. I won't go so far as to say which one though :)

i do think that Sarnia has a chance to upset Leamington, so I'll go against the grain and pick Sarnia in 7.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Lasalle in 4
Chatham in 4
London in 4
Sarnia in 7
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Unhappy fan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 am For the Strathroy Rockets fans, this year can't end fast enough. I not sure using the word disappointing quite covers the feeling of sitting through so many losses. From my own perspective there is one really big issue and hopefully post season that boil is lanced. However, there will always be next season and new beginnings (I hope). However, if there isn't a major shakeup, there will be even more empty seats come the fall.
If Bondy is allowed to stay and the parent coach is allowed to stay then this team will no question finish dead last next season. I've said it before, anyone with personal agendas in junior hockey typically fail miserably.
FedUpSeenEnough

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

You can book it! 😐
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

What absolutely stymies me is you have a coach that continues to make the some ridiculous choices night after night and loss after loss. How long before the stands will be completely empty, and remember you also have a board of directors complicit in this stupidity. Once upon a time the Strathroy Rockets were a great team. When you fall behind that far, who wants to even sign with the team. My sympathies to the young men who have had to play the entire year. They deserve better.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

And St Marys pulls out a 10-7 win tonight over London to tie their series 1-1.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Chatham - St. Thomas series is turning out to be very exciting. Both games won by Chatham but only by 1 goal each time. Both starting goalies have played terrific.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:11 am Chatham - St. Thomas series is turning out to be very exciting. Both games won by Chatham but only by 1 goal each time. Both starting goalies have played terrific.
Chatham pulled it off without one of their top scorers. Hope he's not out long.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

I know I predicted Nats in 4 but after seeing that young goalie last night play for St. Mary's they may have a chance to upset. He was the reason that game wasn't 7-0. Where did he come from?
nineteensixty5

Post by nineteensixty5 »

cpt obvious wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:18 am I know I predicted Nats in 4 but after seeing that young goalie last night play for St. Mary's they may have a chance to upset. He was the reason that game wasn't 7-0. Where did he come from?
Seriously? Do you follow hockey?
He's a Knights draft pick. He's played up with them recently but has played most of the year with the AAA Midgets.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

nineteensixty5 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:41 pm
cpt obvious wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:18 am I know I predicted Nats in 4 but after seeing that young goalie last night play for St. Mary's they may have a chance to upset. He was the reason that game wasn't 7-0. Where did he come from?
Seriously? Do you follow hockey?
He's a Knights draft pick. He's played up with them recently but has played most of the year with the AAA Midgets.
I'm not much for following minor hockey, more of a Jr hockey fan. Can't say I know all of the OHL draft picks either, just some of my favorites. So he's coming out of minor hockey to stand on his head then. Thanks for the answer.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

All 4 series in the West go tonight, with 3 potentially ending in sweeps. How does everyone see them going?

Of course I'd like to see my boys pull out a win tonight, we've had our chances in the first 3 games, but if not, I'm quite satisfied with our season being over. I honestly don't want to have to drive to LaSalle tomorrow.

I think St Thomas might be done tonight and Sarnia will pull out a win, but we'll find out in about 6 hours or so.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

It would be a real rarity if 3 of the series ended tonight in sweeps - it has only ever happened once before (1990-91). We have never had the first round end in 4 sweeps. It is time for some desperation hockey tonight. Looking forward to it. Sarnia would be the logical one to win as no one expected the Flyers to sweep. I could see the Rockets sending it back to LaSalle. They have been very close. It would be great to see them win tonight and tomorrow and really make this series interesting. The Vipers have a ton of fire power though. The Stars have seemed outmatched against the Maroons at times. But this is Junior B hockey. It is incredibly unpredictable.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'm going to say Leamington wins, while the other two take their foot off the gas. I can't see a team like the Flyers letting up. But I have a feeling both LaSalle & Chatham might get too relaxed tonight.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I was right on my assessment. Both us and St Thomas are done and Sarnia pulls out a win to stay alive.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like I was wrong, Sarnia not going down without a fight.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

St. Mary's season ends tonight will a lop-sided win by the Nats on home ice. Should have been a sweep. Bring on Chatham.
How long before the house cleaning begins in Strathroy?
nineteensixty5

Post by nineteensixty5 »

Stars fired 53 shots on Chatham last night. Many great chances too. Maroon goalie was outstanding.

Stars ended the series going 1 for 26 on the pp. Not going to beat anybody, let alone who I believe is the best team in the Conference, with stats like that.
Chatham/London should be a beauty of a series.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

To sit through the entire year has been really tough to watch. Hopefully the house cleaning as you put it starts today. I don't understand why this fiasco was allowed to continue for the entire season. As I previously stated those young men deserved better. It shouldn't come as a surprise come next fall that their tryouts are sadly lacking in quality players if the coaching landscape isn't altered. We will wait and see. I will say the boys left it all on the ice last night, LaSalle didn't leave without the Rockets putting up a fight.