Full Face Protection

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Full Face Protection

Post by RocketGirl »

With all the excitement about Thorold, what has been missed is that the OHA officially announced yesterday that all Jr levels under their umbrella will be going back to full cages/visors for next season.

http://www.ohahockey.ca/view/oha/member ... -bulletins
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Cali vairs!

Re: Full Face Protection

Post by Cali vairs! »

Embarrasing for the league. Not tripple A anymore. There young adults so let them play without them. Gonna lose a lot of good players to it I bet
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Cali vairs! wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:02 pm Embarrasing for the league. Not tripple A anymore. There young adults so let them play without them. Gonna lose a lot of good players to it I bet
Where will they be losing players to?
HockeyGod

Post by HockeyGod »

Oh now all the little guys are tough guys now,seen this before here we go again.Then there's the high sticking things are just going to get better.OHA you just took a step backwards.How does this effect the head checking rule,boy some of these refs have a hard enough time doing games as it is.
Hockey53

Post by Hockey53 »

There are many 16 & 17 yr olds in this league. There is also much peer pressure for them to play with the half shield. As I see it reducing the risk of our young sons losing teeth, breaking a jaw, suffering a concussion or worse injuring an eye is a no brainer. Perhaps the real men could play without their jock straps if they have something to prove.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Players would rather go to CIS. Real development. Players will have be wearing visors in the O when they love up. Doesn't make sense at all
Hockey53

Post by Hockey53 »

So how many players actually move up to the OHL? Many more move on to college, Jr C, the beer leagues or just retire from playing. What doesn't make sense is unnecessarily risking what could be serious injury.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I doubt the CCHL, BCHL, AJHL etc will be going back to cages because the OHA wants to.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Hockey53 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:49 pm So how many players actually move up to the OHL? Many more move on to college, Jr C, the beer leagues or just retire from playing. What doesn't make sense is unnecessarily risking what could be serious injury.
its a develop league that is meant to move players up. I would suggest something like your first year in the league you have to wear a full face mask then the second year you choose