Play-offs

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Play-offs

Post by RocketGirl »

With St Thomas' win tonight, Lambton Shores is officially out of the play-offs, again.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
nineteensixty5

Re: Play-offs

Post by nineteensixty5 »

Pretty safe bet it will be Leamington/Sarnia in the 4-5 matchup but the other series could be almost anything with close races at the top and the bottom. As mentioned by other posters, whoever gets St. Marys better not take them lightly. Strathroy can surprise and St. Thomas has beaten all the top teams at least once (except for Chatham).

Might be more interesting that I originally thought. From what I've seen lately I think Chatham is the team to beat.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm not sure how much of a surprise we'll be. We haven't put together more than 3 wins in a row all season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Strathroy and St. Thomas are clean sweeps in the first round for whoever plays them. Haven't seen these two teams this weak in a lot of years. St. Marys is obviously the most underrated and dangerous of the bottom 4. 4/5 series is a toss up as always. Not sure if Tony has enough in Leamington to get through the first round this year. Can't wait to get it going again this year. Go Nats Go.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

1,2,3 shouldnt have any problems in the 1st round. Respect the Lincolns, but in the end I don't see them competing with any of the top 3. Out of the top 3, I see London as the top team...if healthy. Noticed 3 of their top forwards have been out for awhile. Nathan Gomes on season ending IR. looking forward to the most exciting time of the year!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

With Leamington's win over Sarnia last night, the Flyers have clinched 4th place, so home ice is decided in the first round.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I wouldn't count the bottom teams out. I don't see there being any first round sweeps, to be honest. I think St.Thomas will win a game or two, same goes for Strathroy. St.Marys might even upset their opponent. With bottom teams already beating top teams this season, when they buckle up for the playoffs, I really think they'll surprise their opponents once or twice in the first round.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I think Tony has enough to get out of the first round, and if they do they will give there 2nd round opponent a good battle. I think this has actually been one of Piroski's best coaching seasons. A complete rebuild and they still got home ice in the first round and a decent record.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:17 am I think Tony has enough to get out of the first round, and if they do they will give there 2nd round opponent a good battle. I think this has actually been one of Piroski's best coaching seasons. A complete rebuild and they still got home ice in the first round and a decent record.
That guy is easily coach of the year. No power forwards, no offensive D men... Two young goalies. The guy has them playing & winning like they have a pair of top scorers & a veteran goalie.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102