OHA Turning Blind Eye? - Norfolk News

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

OHA Turning Blind Eye? - Norfolk News

Post by RocketGirl »

Found this article by Darryl Smart. It's about Delhi Jr C, but I think the message speaks to the majority of the OHA.

http://m.norfolknews.ca/sports-story/70 ... urn-around
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Dr. Pepper

Re: OHA Turning Blind Eye? - Norfolk News

Post by Dr. Pepper »

Agree with everything he say's other than the part where he say's Simcoe Storm would say the same thing. I know a player that played back in 2010 that turned down many offers including an offer of $4,000.00 to finish the year from January 9/2011 on, in Simcoe and another $8,000.00 to be one of the overagers for the 2011/12 season.
Seth

Re: OHA Turning Blind Eye? - Norfolk News

Post by Seth »

Dr. Pepper wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:23 am Agree with everything he say's other than the part where he say's Simcoe Storm would say the same thing. I know a player that played back in 2010 that turned down many offers including an offer of $4,000.00 to finish the year from January 9/2011 on, in Simcoe and another $8,000.00 to be one of the overagers for the 2011/12 season.
DeDobbelear had no problem throwing around money when he was running Simcoe in their heyday. Longthorne shouldn't throw stones in glass houses, Delhi used to throw money around too when they were at the top of the heap in Jr D. So quit trying to play the victim card here. If they want to lay blame the the OHA's feet do it for the way the eliminated D and lumped them all in with C. Within an hour from Delhi there is 10 plus C teams. Not real easy to recruit kids when you have that many teams that are going for the same players.