St.Marys is on fire

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

St.Marys is on fire

Post by Port hockey1 »

St.Marys playing the best hockey the team has seen in recent memory. After losing to London 12-1 on Dec 7th, they've gone 9-4 since, including winning their 5th straight game tonight. This includes a big win over LaSalle.

Great to see them drastically improving, and proving not having money doesn't matter in the process. They might make some noise in the playoffs.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Re: St.Marys is on fire

Post by flyers2011 »

One thing about St Marys is they work hard, if you take a shift off they will outwork you. Whoever gets them first round better not take them lightly.
End of a era in Leamington
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

flyers2011 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:32 pm One thing about St Marys is they work hard, if you take a shift off they will outwork you. Whoever gets them first round better not take them lightly.
I completely agree, this is a very dangerous team if you're not prepared to work hard.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Just a few observations from Saturday night in Strathroy. Really puzzled what the "c" represents on Heffernan's jersey it certainly shouldn't be captain. His display in the penalty box, pounding the glass, throwing his stick and helmet, filthy language and so on, really quite the show. However, the real talent is their goalie, who ever so carefully loosens the peg on the net so "surprise, surprise, the net has popped off. He's got it right down to a science, I saw him do it three or four times. I guess the rest of the team who show up to play don't much matter, they are just there to play hockey. They played well and deserved the win. It's just a little tough to watch the screwballs passing themselves off as hockey players. Just as an aside the gojhl must be really scrapping the bottom of the referee barrel. It appears to be a common complaint and doesn't seem to be improving.
BlackJacket

Post by BlackJacket »

I don't know why heffernan is still playing must want to lead the league in Penalty minutes he is even more embrassing than the referees
I think
That's debatable on any given night
St Mary's would be better off without that clown