What's wrong with the forum...

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

What's wrong with the forum...

Post by Port hockey1 »

It looks messed... Looks like there were some updates or something, but the main page is just a mess right now?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Lilomnivore

Re: What's wrong with the forum...

Post by Lilomnivore »

It's almost unusable on mobile. All the drop down menus are open and there's all kinds of crazy stuff going on on the home page.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Mine is working fine on my phone and pc
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

That's odd. It's almost like the forum was hacked...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
nineteensixty5

Post by nineteensixty5 »

Can't speak for mobile, but on computer it's messed with Firefox but is perfectly fine using Chrome and IE
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I was able to see what you were talking about, when I saw it, I refreshed the page and it was fine. Kind of weird. There was an update, but just a version update........investigating further.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Well I can't tell what the issue was but managed to grab a screen capture from my phone, as you can see below. I assume this is what people were seeing? Everything looks OK but it looks like it may have been a CSS error. Something us IT people hate to say, but it looks like it "fixed itself" LOL

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I wondered if it had anything to do with the bots attacking the page and trying to register lately. There's been a lot of them in the last few weeks.

On a side note, where is the option for font colours so I can write in blue!

Edit: I found it! And for the record, I have to select the colour every time, but I like my stuff in blue, so it's worth the extra effort.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Not sure where that option is, but as for the bot attack, still getting them now. I had shut registration off, figuring bots has been configured to deal with captcha and were getting around it. When a new version for this site came up, it included a new captcha process which I assumed was updated to deal with bots. I was clearly wrong. LOL Nonetheless, I keep this site up to date on version as they almost always include security updates.
If anyone else is having issues seeing that weird screen, please let me know. Thanks.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I only see a font colour option when replying. Not sure how you made it default.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It was still like before just now when I logged on, but simply refreshing my screen did solve the problem. I left and came back, and the screen was still fine. Thanks.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

What's that you say? Someone made a new thread?
Blades

Post by Blades »

Administrator wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:46 am Well I can't tell what the issue was but managed to grab a screen capture from my phone, as you can see below. I assume this is what people were seeing? Everything looks OK but it looks like it may have been a CSS error. Something us IT people hate to say, but it looks like it "fixed itself" LOL

Unfortunately I am still seeing the "mess" when I look at the forum on my computer but it works perfectly fine on my Samsung Tablet 3.
Confused? So am I.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Oddly, I can only duplicate this when I use Firefox on my Galaxy S7 Edge, if I use Chrome or the built in browser, no problem. On any of my computers, using Firefox or any browser there is no issue.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

admin this is the first time i have been able to log on since my last post in this thread i keep getting dns server errors ill see if i can screen shot it if it happens agian
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

brad 36 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:01 pm admin this is the first time i have been able to log on since my last post in this thread i keep getting dns server errors ill see if i can screen shot it if it happens agian
I get that too. I just keep going back and trying again. Sometimes it takes a few attempts.