Shoddy PS work

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RecKing

Shoddy PS work

Post by RecKing »

For years we have all seen some really shoddy work done by Pointstreak operators - much of it is simply the fact that no-one seems to take accurate notes and proof read what goes online.

Tonight's Sarnia @ Chatham game is a prime example. At the end of regulation PS reads Chatham 4 Sarnia 3. Game over right? Wrong. Apparently it goes to 2 OTs and Chatham wins 5-3 in the 2nd OT. So I take it a Sarnia goal is missing or was put under Chatham by mistake. This error should not have happened and should have been caught.

Time for the GOJHL to ditch this system or perhaps seek a system which includes error prompts - no-one is perfect but better people need to be running the PS program. All teams have had problems and had errors occur but this one takes the cake, especially when officials and GMs who are supposed to review the unofficial final can't even note a simple error.
Marcie

Re: Shoddy PS work

Post by Marcie »

I was watching on Fast Hockey. It was tied 4-4 after regulation and Chatham did win in double OT. They missed a Sarnia goal. Great game though.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I did wonder if Sarnia tied it because on Game Live initially there was a lengthy pause but it still showed a 4-3 final. I went looking at the scoreboard page waiting for it to go final and then it showing up as a 5-3 DOT win for Chatham. Looking at GameLive now, it shows the Sarnia tender leaving the net at 1:42 and returning at 1:23 so I am guessing the Sarnia goal was scored with 1:23 remaining but was never entered. I am surprised that no one saw the missing goal for Sarnia. Strange.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

Yes indeed and it is strange that the system actually allowed the PS operator to continue without an actual tied score.
Very unusual that Sarnia did not notice the missing goal.
I am sure this matter will eventually get corrected.
Still, one would think that a good scoring system shouldn't permit such a thing to occur.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Was wondering what was going on there. Great work by the point streak person. :roll:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102