International Exhibition Games

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

International Exhibition Games

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://pjhl.pointstreaksites.com/view/p ... -dubendorf

Why don't the GOJHL host a international exhibition games. I think this is a great idea for the PJHL.
Make sure you read all the articles on the wed site. Very well done. I no i'm going to try to get to one of these games.
I would love to see some of the teams in the GOJHL play in this kind of format.
This also would be go for international interest in our league.
Anyway a good job by the PJHL and the GM of the Kincardine Bulldogs.
GOJHLfan1

Re: International Exhibition Games

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I know Caledonia normally goes over to Connecticut or something in the preseason for a tournament do they not? Not sure if they ended up going this year or not? Also a few years ago the OHA played against Russia not sure what happened to that it was just like the CHL vs Russia series.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:I know Caledonia normally goes over to Connecticut or something in the preseason for a tournament do they not? Not sure if they ended up going this year or not? Also a few years ago the OHA played against Russia not sure what happened to that it was just like the CHL vs Russia series.
I think playing the Russians can be risky. I don't wan't to paint an entire culture with the same brush... But there's been some epic meltdowns in the past. Sometimes, some of those Russians lose their minds if they know they are going to lose.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I think it was 1994 or 95, all the West teams played a touring Czech National Junior Team. If I recall correctly only St. Thomas defeated them.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

It would be really interesting to see something like the chl vs Russia series. Have each conference have a all star team play a European team. Also I'm pretty sure Caledonia did not go to Connecticut this year but they did go for sure last year