Western Conference

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

nineteensixty5

Western Conference

Post by nineteensixty5 »

Should be a great finish in the West. LaSalle has a bit of a lead now, but London, Leamington and Chatham have all made moves to improve. These 4 are obviously the class of the Conference and I'm looking forward to the stretch drive and, of course, the playoffs. Should be some great matches once the have-nots are eliminated
Unhappy fan

Re: Western Conference

Post by Unhappy fan »

I am very glad someone is looking forward to playoffs that will really include four teams and the have nots. As I have previously stated there are the teams privately owned and then there are the rest of the teams. Eventually the western conference may only be four or five teams as the disparity is growing each year. Something drastically needs changing when money in ridiculous amounts is what dictates the winners and losers. My understanding of what Junior "B" hockey is supposed to be is the promotion of young talent, not who has the most money to buy there way to a championship.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

nineteensixty5 wrote: Should be some great matches once the have-nots are eliminated
In that case, I really hope a 'have' gets eliminated in the first round.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Unhappy fan wrote:I am very glad someone is looking forward to playoffs that will really include four teams and the have nots. As I have previously stated there are the teams privately owned and then there are the rest of the teams. Eventually the western conference may only be four or five teams as the disparity is growing each year. Something drastically needs changing when money in ridiculous amounts is what dictates the winners and losers. My understanding of what Junior "B" hockey is supposed to be is the promotion of young talent, not who has the most money to buy there way to a championship.
Every Junior league works the same way. The OJHL has it's top teams and bottom teams. The Jr.C league is the same. It's always been this way and the bottom teams have always managed to get by.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

I have a news flash for you it may have operated that way in the past but the time is fast approaching when as we call them "the bottom feeders will cease to exist". You are seeing the struggles in St Mary's and other smaller market teams. Their ability to attract players is getting harder and harder, plus attendance is fallling off which creates financial issues, so despite your insistence that this is the way things are, the reality is eventually these teams will no longer be viable. Junior B hockey as we know it is fast approaching the day when it will only be for the teams who have a big bankroll, and the rest will fall by the wayside. Sad but true!
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Sometimes it is tough to find the right mix of local talent and outside talent.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Unhappy fan wrote:I have a news flash for you it may have operated that way in the past but the time is fast approaching when as we call them "the bottom feeders will cease to exist". You are seeing the struggles in St Mary's and other smaller market teams. Their ability to attract players is getting harder and harder, plus attendance is fallling off which creates financial issues, so despite your insistence that this is the way things are, the reality is eventually these teams will no longer be viable. Junior B hockey as we know it is fast approaching the day when it will only be for the teams who have a big bankroll, and the rest will fall by the wayside. Sad but true!

Unfortunately that is with anything now a days. Welcome to the year 2016.