TRADE DEADLINE (Deals, Signings, Rumours, Etc.)

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

StobbsInsider

Re: TRADE DEADLINE (Deals, Signings, Rumours, Etc.)

Post by StobbsInsider »

Vipers have also called up Blake McConville from Essex 73's Jr C.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hearing a team in the Shoe is also very interested in Lloyd. Maybe Niagara Falls?... Not sure if it's them, just speculating with that one.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

London made a move:

ADD Schmalz, Connor (F) added to team from Burlington Cougars (OJHL)

Played for Pelham last year.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

nineteensixty5 wrote:Lasalle just added a 6'7 - 20 y/o Dman from the Q. Jack Van Boekel. Apparently he played in Strathroy a couple years ago.

Nice pickup there

Doesn't look like anyone from the West will be able to compete with Caledonia after the moves they made, but the West playoffs should be fun to follow.
That's a huge addition. He has a solid shot, and moves the puck really well. They needed a top 4 D, they might have just landed a top 2.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Port hockey1 wrote:Trade Rumor

Hearing Thorold's top D might be headed to the West. Was told that both Chatham, and London are interested in Jake Lloyd. He has 12 goals & 30 points in 33 games. Huge addition to whoever gets him.
Some inside scoop you got there. What a turd.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:
nineteensixty5 wrote:Lasalle just added a 6'7 - 20 y/o Dman from the Q. Jack Van Boekel. Apparently he played in Strathroy a couple years ago.

Nice pickup there

Doesn't look like anyone from the West will be able to compete with Caledonia after the moves they made, but the West playoffs should be fun to follow.
That's a huge addition. He has a solid shot, and moves the puck really well. They needed a top 4 D, they might have just landed a top 2.
Port I don't know where you get your sources from. Just cuz he played major jr doesn't mean he's good bc believe me he's not. Solid shot? Where u hear that or have you seen him shoot a puck I don't know even know if he got a shot on net when he was in the Q. He was a 5-6 D man tried to be a tough and couldn't do that properly. He will come back down to jr b and be a step ahead of everybody else no doubt about that. Big D will throw his body around and play the roll that's what he's going to bring to the vipers. Not this big booming clapper from the point.
nineteensixty5

Post by nineteensixty5 »

St. Thomas added 3 players in the last 2 days. Doubftul it puts them with the big boys but may enable them to move up to, say 5th, and get a favorable first round matchup with Leamington.

Dane Johnstone - local kid was in Flint for all of last year
Brendan Cherwalk - NAHL player
Brady Pataki - Knights. (no room after all their moves)

Don't know much about those last 2, but Johnstone is definitely going to help the offense.
Shorty77

Post by Shorty77 »

Some teams have earned the money they have by the size of crowd and fans they attract. For instance Chatham has a crowd of anywhere from 700 to 1000 people per game in regular season, play offs they pack the barn to the limit the farther the team makes it! 50/50 sales are crazy. Every week the winner takes home $500-$700 regular season. Playoffs its close to $1500-$2200 per game. So they are making good money just from sales they bring in. They can afford to make the changes and buy the players they want, not always coming from the owners pocket. Must say they have one of the largest travelling fan bases as well, so those die hard fans that follow the boys, also support your teams when out of town :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Nice pickup there

Port I don't know where you get your sources from. Just cuz he played major jr doesn't mean he's good bc believe me he's not. Solid shot? Where u hear that or have you seen him shoot a puck I don't know even know if he got a shot on net when he was in the Q. He was a 5-6 D man tried to be a tough and couldn't do that properly. He will come back down to jr b and be a step ahead of everybody else no doubt about that. Big D will throw his body around and play the roll that's what he's going to bring to the vipers. Not this big booming clapper from the point.
Just what I was told from a friend in Chatham. Was told he has a nice shot, and that he moves the puck well. This is coming from someone who remembers him from Strathroy. Heard he wasn't all that bad in the Q... But that's all hear say. Just added what I had heard is all. :)
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Who won the trade deadline? Lets hear everyone's opinion.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

In the midwest, I think either Kitchener or Elmira. Kitchener picked up OHL goalie Riley Daniels, and former Welland Canadian Steven Farano from Elmira. Farano scored 2 goals in his first game with the Dutchies.
Elmira picked up Jeremey Goodwin from Mississauga Steelheads, Jacob Buch from Thorold & Austin Ulett from Caledonia.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

cpt obvious wrote:Who won the trade deadline? Lets hear everyone's opinion.
Between the West and the Shoe...

1. Caledonia
2.London
3.Chatham
4.St.Catharines

Honorable mention; LaSalle

Putting London up there because of a few moves prior to the deadline. Just my take.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

jfvoll wrote:In the midwest, I think either Kitchener or Elmira. Kitchener picked up OHL goalie Riley Daniels, and former Welland Canadian Steven Farano from Elmira. Farano scored 2 goals in his first game with the Dutchies.
Elmira picked up Jeremey Goodwin from Mississauga Steelheads, Jacob Buch from Thorold & Austin Ulett from Caledonia.
Listowel made a few moves to, Huber and that other kid at the deadline. But will it be enough to compete with Elmira & Kitchener? Both teams got better.