Another classless knight in Leaminton

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Re: Another classless knight in Leaminton

Post by flyers2011 »

Wasn't really responding to the comments you made. And personally I don't think the flyers will be a top team this year. I think for a rebuild year they are doing great but I know what the expectations are. I think it's going to be pretty fun watching London Chatham and LaSalle battle it out.
End of a era in Leamington
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Welland Cougars wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Why am I not surprised that you're back with a different user name. :roll: :smt023
If you can prove I have two accounts I'll leave, if not, you do. Deal?
I could care less, I don't have time for classless internet trolls. You are being blocked, have fun. :lol: :smt023 :smt025
Just as I thought. You are making up lies and I'm the classless one?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

DetroitFan wrote:I am another former poster and it has been so long that I forgot my user name and password. As a fan of the Essex/Kent County teams, Leamington, LaSalle (Tecumseh), and Chatham, I stopped posting because of the couple of bullies on here that enjoy antagonizing forum members that don't agree with their opinion. Though I haven't posted for a long time, I still visit occasionally and see that things haven't changed. Posters come and go and RG still trying hard to keep this forum going, and I give her a lot of credit considering the forum bullies that keep attacking her.

Being able to make antagonizing posts and hiding behind a computer is childish and that is one of the reasons I left this forum. Since FB and other social media has become so popular they have replaced a lot of these forums and for the better as you can't hide behind a fake forum name. On FB Groups a moderator can kick trouble makers and computer bullies off quickly to keep things civil.

Port Hockey, you are the main reason this forum has gone down hill. Ya, you have toned it down at times but as soon as you don't like what few people that are left here, post, you do a great job at killing the flow of the forum. You bring out the worst in members including myself in the past.
RG incites arguments, nice try. I've pumped a lot of life into this forum since I joined. Sometimes it's posting about players team's have picked up, discussions on who's legit, discussions about who's the best goalie, I've started threads showing how team's have fared in a months span, etc.

People who come here just to whine, and rant about those they don't like here... Those are the people who bring this forum down! Having a mod who starts arguments doesn't help either.

And me disagreeing with others posts is part of the forum. Not everyone has to agree on everything. I recently had a back and forth conversation with a regular before Christmas, the conversation was respectful and ended with Christmas wishes.

If you disagree with something I post, debate it with me... Or you can leave the forum, then return to cry like a baby later on in the future, like you just did. Your call.

Sick of people thinking they can bash me without a reply. Come on here to rant about others, who actually post here often, that's what brings down a good debate!

Like me or not, I am here. I've also advertised this forum under local hockey articles countless times in the past. Buddy, add to the conversations, or go back to not posting. Because what you did was contribute to a railroaded thread. :smt117
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Really ? Because I don't agree with someone on this forum I'm childish ? I'd say I've been pretty good this year I have also complimented Chatham of late as well. Stop trying to stir the pot.
Blackhawkdown started railroading this thread. Now others have continued with that. Ironic how those are the people complaining about this forum getting railroaded... Facepalm. :lol: :lol: :smt020
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

DetroitFan wrote:
flyers2011 wrote:Really ? Because I don't agree with someone on this forum I'm childish ? I'd say I've been pretty good this year I have also complimented Chatham of late as well. Stop trying to stir the pot.
It wasn't a effort to stir the pot but an opportunity to agree with some others that see a problem here. You just showed what happens when someone voices an opinion.
No, you did. You don't like some people's opinions so you decided to rant about it, railroading a thread in the process. Just wow... :idea:
Port calling himself the "Howard Stern of the GOJHL" is exactly what is wrong. Treating this forum like a shock TV/Radio show isn't the best way to act.
Me calling myself whatever I wan't is up to me. There you go again, you don't like what someone has written, so you railroad a thread. :smt017
DetroitFan

Post by DetroitFan »

I simply added my opinion to some of the other replies that you obviously didn't like.

Sure some of and maybe the majority of your posts are constructive. Some are antagonizing and when you don't like how someone replies you bash them.

Just for the heck of it I will stick around for a while and prove my point.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

DetroitFan wrote:I simply added my opinion to some of the other replies that you obviously didn't like.

Sure some of and maybe the majority of your posts are constructive. Some are antagonizing and when you don't like how someone replies you bash them.

Just for the heck of it I will stick around for a while and prove my point.
Please do, I look forward to you pointing out me bashing someone in the future. However, if an unnamed Mod decides to poke at my posts, looking for an argument(bashing me in the process), I don't see how I can be blamed for replying in the same manner.

All I'm saying is don't bash me and I won't bash you. That's a general statement towards anyone. I even admit, in the past I was out of line in many posts that I had left. I might even do that the odd time still to this day(If I have, I apologize). But I've made great effort towards simply having respectful conversations with people on here for the last while. I also feel that disagreeing with someone can be done without bashing them. Bashing is basically telling someone that they are wrong, or that they don't know what they're talking about, correct?

Well I will continue to make every effort to disagree(when I do), without doing the above.
Happy New Year! :smt109

BTW: If there's any regular readers here who have an issue with any of my posts, maybe in the future you could send me a private message so we can discuss the issue. That way these threads aren't railroaded with me & others replying to each other with personal messages. :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Why are you leaving me unnamed? Everyone knows I'm the one you're talking about. But I think you missed that I'm no longer a moderator, I got a promotion to Admin, that's why my name is in red.

But I don't come here to incite you, or anyone else, into an argument. I've said this before, but I'm 32 yrs old now, not the same 20 year old I once was, and frankly, my life has drastically changed in the last 3 months and I don't see the point in arguing with anyone of you anymore.

But I must ask, how exactly have I been bashing you lately? I pretty much try to ignore you because you're not worth my time. And you previously said I was bashing London's players, when did that happen? Have I been posting in my sleep again?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Welland Cougars

DetroitFan wrote:
Port Hockey, you are the main reason this forum has gone down hill. Ya, you have toned it down at times but as soon as you don't like what few people that are left here, post, you do a great job at killing the flow of the forum. You bring out the worst in members including myself in the past.
Excellent post. However, Port is so unaware of how he's really perceived around here that I'm sure he feels as if he actually adds to the forum.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Waaaah waaaah. I thought this was a hockey forum. We're all here as nameless posters talking about hockey teams and players. Port hurt your feelings? Don't come on here. Just watch the games and enjoy them. RG is on her high horse with her shiny red letters and too mature to chirp back, but then posts about it. Get over it everyone, let's talk about Brian Verbeek screaming at kids or the rich teams are making the poor teams look bad.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Why are you leaving me unnamed? Everyone knows I'm the one you're talking about. But I think you missed that I'm no longer a moderator, I got a promotion to Admin, that's why my name is in red.

But I don't come here to incite you, or anyone else, into an argument. I've said this before, but I'm 32 yrs old now, not the same 20 year old I once was, and frankly, my life has drastically changed in the last 3 months and I don't see the point in arguing with anyone of you anymore.

But I must ask, how exactly have I been bashing you lately? I pretty much try to ignore you because you're not worth my time. And you previously said I was bashing London's players, when did that happen? Have I been posting in my sleep again?
I said unnamed as not to start an argument. I have no reply other than that for you. Argue with yourself. :smt006
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

:D
End of a era in Leamington
Welland Cougars

SugarKing wrote:Waaaah waaaah. I thought this was a hockey forum. We're all here as nameless posters talking about hockey teams and players. Port hurt your feelings? Don't come on here. Just watch the games and enjoy them. RG is on her high horse with her shiny red letters and too mature to chirp back, but then posts about it. Get over it everyone, let's talk about Brian Verbeek screaming at kids or the rich teams are making the poor teams look bad.
Beat it, nerd.
BLACKHAWKDOWN

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

[quote=DetroitFan post_id=46526 time=1483017076 user_id=3736]
I am another former poster and it has been so long that I forgot my user name and password. As a fan of the Essex/Kent County teams, Leamington, LaSalle (Tecumseh), and Chatham, I stopped posting because of the couple of bullies on here that enjoy antagonizing forum members that don't agree with their opinion. Though I haven't posted for a long time, I still visit occasionally and see that things haven't changed. Posters come and go and RG still trying hard to keep this forum going, and I give her a lot of credit considering the forum bullies that keep attacking her.

Being able to make antagonizing posts and hiding behind a computer is childish and that is one of the reasons I left this forum. Since FB and other social media has become so popular they have replaced a lot of these forums and for the better as you can't hide behind a fake forum name. On FB Groups a moderator can kick trouble makers and computer bullies off quickly to keep things civil.

[/quote]

I just came across this post so I apologize for resurrecting it from the past. Your points are very well-stated DetroitFan, I know there are more participants than me who agree fully with your feelings.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lol :smt117 :)
by Port hockey1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 pm

All I'm saying is don't bash me and I won't bash you. That's a general statement towards anyone.
:smt017
by Port hockey1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 pm
BTW: If there's any regular readers here who have an issue with any of my posts, maybe in the future you could send me a private message so we can discuss the issue. That way these threads aren't railroaded with me & others replying to each other with personal messages.
Guess people would rather have this;
by BLACKHAWKDOWN » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:55 pm
I am sorry Mr. self-proclaimed "Howard Stern of hockey" but I don't care at all to see what you are going to say next, as I've had you on my ignore list for months & it has been refreshing to not have to read your egotistical drivel. But I had to momentarily remove the "ignore list" tag in order to quote your hilarious post.

You see, I was reading the forum today before logging in & saw the post from you that is quoted & I can't believe that the professed hockey guru of the world would be so far wrong about a well-known sports reference. To wit: the term "iffy penalties." This term is used in several sports and 100% ALWAYS refers to the fact that an assessed penalty, calls into question the judgement & competence of the call itself or the official making the call.

It NEVER refers to someone playing with a lack of discipline. The aforementioned is what is commonly called a "dumb," "stupid," "selfish," or "undisciplined" penalty. Your attempt to stickhandle around your previous comment & intended meaning of it to try to save face is laughable & pathetic.

And for the record, I am not a funny bitter dude. I am a life-long hockey guy who has played at a fairly high level, coached & officiated at various levels and have been reading this forum approaching 13 years, and one who appreciates intelligent, positive, constructive input from knowledgeable contributors. Sadly you do NOT fall into that category, Howard ;)

BTW, you are right back on my ignore list once I post this.

by Port hockey1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:55 pm
You don't have to do anything to the ignore list to quote. Nice try though. They show up collapsed, you can un-collapse them with a simple click...

And clearly you do care to see what I'll say next, as you have now proven, twice! :wink:

I meant what I said I meant by iffy. I don't care what the dictionary says about the word. Also never claimed to be a hockey GURU. But your attempt to stickhandle around your previous comment, where you claim to have blocked me. That was laughable and pathetic.

You keep ranting about me every few months. By doing so, you're making the forum look bad, something you tried to whine about me doing in the past. Ever heard of a PM? :lol:

You completely contradict yourself. First, you don't care what I have to say next. Then, you had to "un-block" me... Clearly because you;re very interested in what I say next. Bahahahaha

Bipolar?, Drunk? Whatever... Looking forward to the next time you "don't care what I have to say", and "un-block" me. Lmao.
See what I tried to do in order to clean threads up a bit? See who still couldn't help but post a personal attack on the forum, instead of using a PM...?

If someone calls me out, I'm going to respond. The PM's people, they're there for a reason. :) :smt006