Another classless knight in Leaminton

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Unhappy fan

Another classless knight in Leaminton

Post by Unhappy fan »

Looking at the game sheet for last evenings Flyers versus Rockets, just another "sh.. show. Two suspensions, also two Rockets one 7 games, one 6 their numbers are getting depleted, hard to win games standing on the sidelines.
BlackJacket

Re: Another classless knight in Leaminton

Post by BlackJacket »

Leamington is no better.
Needs to be more respect for your opponent in this league. There is playing the game hard and on the edge and then there is blatant disrespect. Been a couple pretty serious injuries this year and it'll get worse before it gets better. Refereeing is a god damn joke
FedUpSeenEnough

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

I have watched the fasthockey video from the chatham game and have yet to see any justification for the 7 game suspension to Good. Heard that he supposedly cross checked the linesman. Didn't happen. Rockets should have appealed if that was the call.
From what I have seen this season and last, there definitely needs to be some more supervision of, and corrective education applied to on ice officials. Not sure how much of this is currently being done, but more is sorely needed. Not just strange calls being made, but stuff being let go that causes bigger problems later on.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Well round two the Chatham clowns and Strathroy Rockets, money to burn Chatham against a barely getting by community team. Strathroy is going nowhere anyhow as I have previously stated "have and have not teams" . Plus sadly lacking in the bench staff.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

FedUpSeenEnough wrote:I have watched the fasthockey video from the chatham game and have yet to see any justification for the 7 game suspension to Good. Heard that he supposedly cross checked the linesman. Didn't happen. Rockets should have appealed if that was the call.
From what I have seen this season and last, there definitely needs to be some more supervision of, and corrective education applied to on ice officials. Not sure how much of this is currently being done, but more is sorely needed. Not just strange calls being made, but stuff being let go that causes bigger problems later on.
Are you kidding me i sit right behind the play and no it wasnt a cross check but he did punch the linesman in the head not once but twice.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
FedUpSeenEnough

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

Like I said, was told it was a crosscheck, so looked for that and it didn't happen. You say 2 punches to the head, so I went back and watched multiple times again. Sorry, unless Good has Bruce Lee speed with a jab, and the camera didn't pick it up, that didn't happen either. Not trying to start an arguement here, just telling you the video doesn't show him doing it at all. Incident in question is at 2:56:00 of the fast hockey video if you would like to see for yourself.
shady

Post by shady »

Hey unhappy fan , you spelled Maroons wrong ! A lifetime Chatham Maroons fan takes offence to this ! If you are so unhappy go watch bowling or golf or tennis etc............
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

I dont think it was meant to hit the ref but either way there was contact twice and just because fast hockey dont show it dont mean crap maybe another angle would show it and shady you are correct
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Unhappy fan wrote:Well round two the Chatham clowns and Strathroy Rockets, money to burn Chatham against a barely getting by community team. Strathroy is going nowhere anyhow as I have previously stated "have and have not teams" . Plus sadly lacking in the bench staff.
You're soooo bitter. Lets trash talk the teams that are better off... Been down this road a hundred times already. :smt021 :smt009
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

brad 36 wrote:
FedUpSeenEnough wrote:I have watched the fasthockey video from the chatham game and have yet to see any justification for the 7 game suspension to Good. Heard that he supposedly cross checked the linesman. Didn't happen. Rockets should have appealed if that was the call.
Are you kidding me i sit right behind the play and no it wasnt a cross check but he did punch the linesman in the head not once but twice.
If that's true, his season should be over, if it was intentional. I know sometimes linesmen get hit while trying to break fights up. I really hope it wasn't intentional...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port I dont think for a minute it was intentional as he was trying to hit a maroons player but the fact of the matter is he committed the offense and now has to serve his suspension
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Port hockey1 wrote:You're soooo bitter. Lets trash talk the teams that are better off... Been down this road a hundred times already. :smt021 :smt009
How is it any different than you trash talking the bottom feeder teams?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:You're soooo bitter. Lets trash talk the teams that are better off... Been down this road a hundred times already. :smt021 :smt009
How is it any different than you trash talking the bottom feeder teams?
Are you trying to start something here :roll:

Just recently you were bad mouthing players from London on here... So where are you going with this? I trash the owners who put their kids through a joke of a season. But again, what was your intention with this reply?

You once laughed when a kid had his face caved in(Ferguson), and started calling him golden boy. :shock: I decided to pretty much leave your posts alone a while back. I didn't say anything when you were trashing the London kids, I haven't said anything about anything you've posted recently, really.

You know, this is why I don't bother pumping as much life into this forum anymore. I only post about this or that these days. Having a Mod who starts childish arguments... It would be comical if it wasn't so pathetic. :smt119 :smt100

And I don't want to hear it. This Mod replied looking for an argument. Something she does often. So when this happens, I will have no problem giving it back. :smt023 Btw: I'm sure most would agree that I've toned things down quite a bit on here. But it looks like a Mod misses the childish arguments. 8)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I wasn't looking for an argument, I don't have the time or energy for that anymore, just pointing out that you trash talk the likes of Pelham and Buffalo all the time, so why are you all up in arms about someone supposedly trash talking about the better off teams?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I wasn't looking for an argument, I don't have the time or energy for that anymore, just pointing out that you trash talk the likes of Pelham and Buffalo all the time, so why are you all up in arms about someone supposedly trash talking about the better off teams?
This is clearly looking for an argument, if you don't have the time, then why are you starting an argument? I gave you my answer in my last post as well. So again, why are you looking for an argument?

Blades, Admin... This is inciting... I'm sure it isn't in Admin's eyes, but it is what it is. :smt018
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

just ignore her Port, trust me its not worth it. I haven't been on here for a while I might have to start coming back on haha.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:just ignore her Port, trust me its not worth it. I haven't been on here for a while I might have to start coming back on haha.
Ya I'm going back to ignoring for the most part. Just wanted to make it clear that this Mod was trying to incite an argument. Just making sure the newer people here knows what's up. :)
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

You type those last few posts with crayons, Port?

Wahhhhh! :smt022
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland Cougars wrote:You type those last few posts with crayons, Port?

Wahhhhh! :smt022
You are now inciting as well, childish. :smt023 :smt009
Blades

Post by Blades »

Port. I don't think asking a question about posts from anyone on here would be considered inciting. RG asked a valid question and your reply was, IMO, a bit OTT. RG is not on here reading specifically what you post so she can come up with something that annoys you. Chill out a bit, will ya please.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:Port. I don't think asking a question about posts from anyone on here would be considered inciting. RG asked a valid question and your reply was, IMO, a bit OTT. RG is not on here reading specifically what you post so she can come up with something that annoys you. Chill out a bit, will ya please.
She asked the question to start something. I even answered her question, but she felt the need to ask again. RG has a history of trying to ruffle peoples feathers on here. I am chilled, thank you. Was just shaking my head at that post. I gave my take on it, others have given there's. Time to put this to bed. :)
BLACKHAWKDOWN

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

Well I don't come here as much as I used to. Admittedly, I have no horse in the race, so my interest isn't what it used to be since the team I used to follow has lost me as a fan. Nonetheless, I see that one of the other reasons I don't come here as often as I used to is still going on sadly. Yes, the extremely immature & childish posters Port hockey1 & Flyers2011 continue to bring down the level of intellect & truly meaningful dialogue on this forum. They aren't the only fools, but the most blatant in my humble opinion.

Anyway, happy holidays to the majority of posters here who hopefully continue to contribute in sane, congenial & positive ways. I know this post of mine does not fall into the immediately aforementioned category, but I felt the need to get that off my chest!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BLACKHAWKDOWN wrote:Well I don't come here as much as I used to. Admittedly, I have no horse in the race, so my interest isn't what it used to be since the team I used to follow has lost me as a fan. Nonetheless, I see that one of the other reasons I don't come here as often as I used to is still going on sadly. Yes, the extremely immature & childish posters Port hockey1 & Flyers2011 continue to bring down the level of intellect & truly meaningful dialogue on this forum. They aren't the only fools, but the most blatant in my humble opinion.

Anyway, happy holidays to the majority of posters here who hopefully continue to contribute in sane, congenial & positive ways. I know this post of mine does not fall into the immediately aforementioned category, but I felt the need to get that off my chest!
You are the worst. You only come here to to say that you don't come here much anymore. Then you add your insults towards others who do post here. Pot, meet kettle! :roll: :smt031
Welland Cougars

BLACKHAWKDOWN wrote:Well I don't come here as much as I used to. Admittedly, I have no horse in the race, so my interest isn't what it used to be since the team I used to follow has lost me as a fan. Nonetheless, I see that one of the other reasons I don't come here as often as I used to is still going on sadly. Yes, the extremely immature & childish posters Port hockey1 & Flyers2011 continue to bring down the level of intellect & truly meaningful dialogue on this forum. They aren't the only fools, but the most blatant in my humble opinion.

Excellent post.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland Cougars wrote:

Excellent post.
Why am I not surprised that you're back with a different user name. :roll: :smt023
Welland Cougars

Port hockey1 wrote:
Welland Cougars wrote:

Excellent post.
Why am I not surprised that you're back with a different user name. :roll: :smt023
If you can prove I have two accounts I'll leave, if not, you do. Deal?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland Cougars wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Welland Cougars wrote:
Excellent post.
If you can prove I have two accounts I'll leave, if not, you do. Deal?
I could care less, I don't have time for classless internet trolls. You are being blocked, have fun. :lol: :smt023 :smt025
DetroitFan

Post by DetroitFan »

I am another former poster and it has been so long that I forgot my user name and password. As a fan of the Essex/Kent County teams, Leamington, LaSalle (Tecumseh), and Chatham, I stopped posting because of the couple of bullies on here that enjoy antagonizing forum members that don't agree with their opinion. Though I haven't posted for a long time, I still visit occasionally and see that things haven't changed. Posters come and go and RG still trying hard to keep this forum going, and I give her a lot of credit considering the forum bullies that keep attacking her.

Being able to make antagonizing posts and hiding behind a computer is childish and that is one of the reasons I left this forum. Since FB and other social media has become so popular they have replaced a lot of these forums and for the better as you can't hide behind a fake forum name. On FB Groups a moderator can kick trouble makers and computer bullies off quickly to keep things civil.

Port Hockey, you are the main reason this forum has gone down hill. Ya, you have toned it down at times but as soon as you don't like what few people that are left here, post, you do a great job at killing the flow of the forum. You bring out the worst in members including myself in the past.
Last edited by DetroitFan on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Really ? Because I don't agree with someone on this forum I'm childish ? I'd say I've been pretty good this year I have also complimented Chatham of late as well. Stop trying to stir the pot.
End of a era in Leamington
DetroitFan

Post by DetroitFan »

flyers2011 wrote:Really ? Because I don't agree with someone on this forum I'm childish ? I'd say I've been pretty good this year I have also complimented Chatham of late as well. Stop trying to stir the pot.
It wasn't a effort to stir the pot but an opportunity to agree with some others that see a problem here. You just showed what happens when someone voices an opinion. The only reason you haven't been around much is cause Leamington isn't a top team (yet, could still happen this year). Nothing wrong with that either. All I am trying to say is that we should all learn to put our big boy pants on and discuss, agree, disagree, with a little class. Port calling himself the "Howard Stern of the GOJHL" is exactly what is wrong. Treating this forum like a shock TV/Radio show isn't the best way to act. Forum, it is a noun, "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:"