Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BillyTheKid

Brookshaw to Elmira

Post by BillyTheKid »

Heard from a good source Elmira is where Brookshaw will end up
BlackJacket

Re: Brookshaw to Elmira

Post by BlackJacket »

Don't think so. More to come in coming days. Staying within conference.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Can't wait to hear... he needs to start playing
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I have a feeling he will end up in London.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

BillyTheKid wrote:Can't wait to hear... he needs to start playing
He shouldn't have quit on his team...right thing to do would have been to request a trade but continue to play. Quitters should have to sit for extended periods I'm a firm believer in that. Pretty sure he started his jr career in St. Marys and quit there as well. Isn't that right Billy... :shock:
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

cpt obvious wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:Can't wait to hear... he needs to start playing
He shouldn't have quit on his team...right thing to do would have been to request a trade but continue to play. Quitters should have to sit for extended periods I'm a firm believer in that. Pretty sure he started his jr career in St. Marys and quit there as well. Isn't that right Billy... :shock:
I don't really know where he started to be honest with you. Not saying my source was right either he heard Elmira. I agree with you on your comments though he shouldn't have bailed out on them ask for the trade and still play
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My understanding is that he asked for the trade about 6 weeks ago, but it was made public 3 weeks ago when he refused to continue to play.

Now, we don't know what their organization is like, but he's their Captain, so to me it looks like they were in the middle of their losing skid, he didn't know how to help and guide his team, so he's bailed on them. My personal opinion, and I could be wrong, but I felt that St Thomas was afraid they were going to lose him after his stint in the OJ, so they made him Captain, and it's been too much for him to handle.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

Brookshaw to London for cash and future considerations
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

RocketGirl wrote:My understanding is that he asked for the trade about 6 weeks ago, but it was made public 3 weeks ago when he refused to continue to play.

Now, we don't know what their organization is like, but he's their Captain, so to me it looks like they were in the middle of their losing skid, he didn't know how to help and guide his team, so he's bailed on them. My personal opinion, and I could be wrong, but I felt that St Thomas was afraid they were going to lose him after his stint in the OJ, so they made him Captain, and it's been too much for him to handle.
So just from hearsay you're going to question a person's character? What a shame... I'm sure there is more to the story. All of this talk about the coaching staff/management over the season and that's all forgotten and turned on to the kid...? I think this is more of a case of sour grapes from Strathroy's biggest fan knowing that another talent has overlooked this team once again.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

coachFloyd wrote:Brookshaw to London for cash and future considerations
Is this just a prediction? Haven't seen anything on pointstreak or Twitter
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

SugarKing wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:My understanding is that he asked for the trade about 6 weeks ago, but it was made public 3 weeks ago when he refused to continue to play.

So just from hearsay you're going to question a person's character? What a shame... I'm sure there is more to the story. All of this talk about the coaching staff/management over the season and that's all forgotten and turned on to the kid...? I think this is more of a case of sour grapes from Strathroy's biggest fan knowing that another talent has overlooked this team once again.
This is such a random comment...how can you turn this on RocketGirl and the Rockets....completely out of left field ?? The player quit on his team...he was captain...hes quit before on another Jr team...pretty sure we can inference what is the real reason.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

cpt obvious wrote:
SugarKing wrote:

This is such a random comment...how can you turn this on RocketGirl and the Rockets....completely out of left field ?? The player quit on his team...he was captain...hes quit before on another Jr team...pretty sure we can inference what is the real reason.
Sorry if you see that as random, I don't. It's a response to the last post on the thread. A post from a member that has openly said she dislikes other teams. And how could anyone take that without thinking there is any bias in it. Is this the first player from st.thomas who has wanted out of that situation? No it's not. What if he went to the gm and said he wanted a trade (wouldn't be the first player), and management did the smart thing by telling him to go home until they worked something out. Why would they want him playing and risking him being injured. That is called protecting an asset. I'm sure whoever acquires him will be paying a pretty penny to do so. And St.Thomas would risk cashing in because they want him around for a couple more weeks? please... But yes, let's assume because he quit st.Marys when he was 16 or 17.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

SugarKing wrote:So just from hearsay you're going to question a person's character? What a shame... I'm sure there is more to the story. All of this talk about the coaching staff/management over the season and that's all forgotten and turned on to the kid...? I think this is more of a case of sour grapes from Strathroy's biggest fan knowing that another talent has overlooked this team once again.
Based on what I was told, the opening bid was higher than we could afford, so don't think my team had a chance to begin with.

Like I said, we don't know the happenings in that organization, there could be other reasons for asking for a trade, but it appears that the Captain is jumping ship on his team and yes, I am judging him based on that. Should I learn more info as to why a trade was requested, I could change my opinion. But do you honestly think Carson Brookshaw really gives a crap what RG thinks of him?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

He's not the first and won't be the last player to ask for a trade and not the first captain to do so either. 4 years ago maybe Duarte captain of your team RG did the same thing bailed out on his boys. Things have changed in hockey so much that Jr B players can request a trade and it gets granted lol un real if u ask me really all spoiled little baby's. Back in the day kids would give there left nut just to play in the league now you got kids doing this. I know it happened back in the day but not like this. The all mighty dollar has taken over Jr hockey and it's a shame really.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

SugarKing wrote:
cpt obvious wrote:
SugarKing wrote:
Sorry if you see that as random, I don't. It's a response to the last post on the thread. A post from a member that has openly said she dislikes other teams. And how could anyone take that without thinking there is any bias in it. Is this the first player from st.thomas who has wanted out of that situation? No it's not. What if he went to the gm and said he wanted a trade (wouldn't be the first player), and management did the smart thing by telling him to go home until they worked something out. Why would they want him playing and risking him being injured. That is called protecting an asset. I'm sure whoever acquires him will be paying a pretty penny to do so. And St.Thomas would risk cashing in because they want him around for a couple more weeks? please... But yes, let's assume because he quit st.Marys when he was 16 or 17.
So its okay to quit on teams if your 16 or 17?? That makes zero sense.
You attacked RG saying she was upset Brookshaw wasn't considering the Rockets..are you that close to the situation that you know he isn't? It's all hearsay hypothetical talk. Unless of course you know forsure, do you know forsure? Because we're hearing at the Fair he's going to be a National, but that doesn't make it fact now does it.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

coachFloyd had it right. Gone to London for cash and future considerations.

STARS NEWS:

The Stars have traded Carson Brookshaw to the London Nationals for cash and future considerations.

That's from the Stars Twitter.
Queen of the GOJHL