Rockets/Nationals moves

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Rockets/Nationals moves

Post by flyers2011 »

Strathroy 11/08/16 ADD Weir, Zack (G) acquired in trade from London for rights to Liam Fordy
Brantford 11/07/16 DEL Zanussi, Cameron (G) traded to London for cash considerations
End of a era in Leamington
rhinomark50

Re: Rockets/Nationals moves

Post by rhinomark50 »

I'm assuming that it's supposed to say Liam Foudy? The Knights first round pick from last season?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Nope, Liam Fordy from Surrey, BC, who only played 6 games for us at the end of last season.

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/playerp ... onid=16158
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BlackJacket

Post by BlackJacket »

For Rocketgirl:

What are the Nats getting in FORDY? and

What are the Rockets getting in Weir? Does he automatically get the bulk of the work or do you expect them to share the crease as it looks like they have all season?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I can't tell you much about Fordy, he only played a few games for us and truthfully, I forgot that he was on our team.

As for Weir, I think he's a good goalie. I always thought he was better than Hughes.

What we're gonna do, I have no idea. As it looks now, we have 3 goalies. I don't know if they'll trade 1 or do a 3 goalie rotation. That's up to Bondy and Glover.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Looks like London made the right move getting rid of weir. Wasn't at the game but the score wasn't pretty
BlackJacket

Post by BlackJacket »

He gave up 3 pretty early and got the hook.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

See they traded #24 to Chatham if I was the kid I'd. Be happy
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

kid looks like hes going to fit in with the current chatham team well as of now
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

[quote="RocketGirl"]I can't tell you much about Fordy, he only played a few games for us and truthfully, I forgot that he was on our team.

As for Weir, I think he's a good goalie. I always thought he was better than Hughes.

That literally just shows how little you know about the game of hockey. What an embarrassing comment. Enjoy Weir letting in soft goals consistently while Hughes is on pace to win the CCHL goalie of the year.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm not embarrassed by that comment. It's my opinion and I still think Weir's a good goalie. But here, I'll give you another gem, I never liked Baby Hughes either. I never bought any of the hype I heard about him, and he's now with the Sting.
Queen of the GOJHL

BlackJacket

Post by BlackJacket »

cpt obvious wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:I can't tell you much about Fordy, he only played a few games for us and truthfully, I forgot that he was on our team.

That literally just shows how little you know about the game of hockey. What an embarrassing comment. Enjoy Weir letting in soft goals consistently while Hughes is on pace to win the CCHL goalie of the year.

I think (hope) we are all here to share information, give our opinion and debate. If you disagree thats fine but no need to be disrespectful.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

BlackJacket wrote:
cpt obvious wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:I can't tell you much about Fordy, he only played a few games for us and truthfully, I forgot that he was on our team.

dont even bother getting started with her lol... she knows ALL!!

I think (hope) we are all here to share information, give our opinion and debate. If you disagree thats fine but no need to be disrespectful.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

BlackJacket wrote:
cpt obvious wrote:

Don't bother it's not worth it she knows ALL!! Rockets are a bad team and are going in a very bad direction. I've said it before and I'll say it again change in management needed there before anything changes. Lots of rumours coming out of there these days vets want out. As for Weir he's bad!!! Always been bad to not going to sugar coat it. Here's how bad there GM is also the goalie they have is better then Weir to but let's bring him in good call there.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

*thinks she's knows all
End of a era in Leamington
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm not embarrassed by that comment. It's my opinion and I still think Weir's a good goalie. But here, I'll give you another gem, I never liked Baby Hughes either. I never bought any of the hype I heard about him, and he's now with the Sting.
I get the feeling you dislike any player or team from London. Didn't you predict every opponent the Nats faced last playoffs would beat them? Pretty sure you picked Lasalle, Leamington and Stratford...If you preach that you are objective then be objective, saying and doing are two different things.
Not looking to argue, just my observations.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It's true that I'm not a London fan, and that I've never really liked them, but for the record, I love Max Vinogradov, and I liked Scott Goodman the last couple years.
Queen of the GOJHL