St. Thomas Stars

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

cpt obvious

St. Thomas Stars

Post by cpt obvious »

How long before the Stars Implode? Nother and Newland apparently quit and rumor is now Brookshaw looking for a trade.
What seemed to be a promising season has turned ugly quick. Kelly and crew on the chopping block or no?
nineteensixty5

Re: St. Thomas Stars

Post by nineteensixty5 »

No doubt the team is a bit of a mess right now. They are very young and inexperienced. With Newland gone and Ferreira on the shelf they have a total of 0 defensemen who played B last year. Their forwards are pretty inexperienced too. Hopefully the captain doesn't jump ship too. I have confidence in the coaching staff, the boys just need to find a way to win one and then get some confidence back.

Also wouldn't hurt to score a PP goal once in a while. :(
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

cpt obvious wrote:How long before the Stars Implode? Nother and Newland apparently quit and rumor is now Brookshaw looking for a trade.
What seemed to be a promising season has turned ugly quick. Kelly and crew on the chopping block or no?
Did Nother and Newland go to Jr.C?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I don't know about Newland, but Nother has been traded to London.

TRADE ALERT: The @LondonNationals add Ethan Nother from @StThomasStars for Ryan Brown and Eric Langridge.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote:I don't know about Newland, but Nother has been traded to London.

TRADE ALERT: The @LondonNationals add Ethan Nother from @StThomasStars for Ryan Brown and Eric Langridge.
Brookshaw next ? Rumor mill ST.Kitts and who else Corvairs showing interest
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

10 consecutive losses and counting...
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Hearing on the street Kelly and crew are getting the axe....didn't they win coaching staff of the year last season when they took a 6th place team and finished 5th? They had a losing record from Christmas on...seems it just carried over to this year. That's why the awards in the west are a joke, player of the year has 5 goals and a bunch of phantom assists not even on the first page of scoring leaders. Looks like the truth is finally being revealed in St.Thomas, pretenders.. never contenders.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

cpt obvious wrote:Hearing on the street Kelly and crew are getting the axe....didn't they win coaching staff of the year last season when they took a 6th place team and finished 5th? They had a losing record from Christmas on...seems it just carried over to this year. That's why the awards in the west are a joke, player of the year has 5 goals and a bunch of phantom assists not even on the first page of scoring leaders. Looks like the truth is finally being revealed in St.Thomas, pretenders.. never contenders.
Any idea who comes in and takes over the job if this is true ?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Maybe Ron Horhavt will return.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

So I've been told that the coaching staff is not and has not been fired.
Queen of the GOJHL

BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote:So I've been told that the coaching staff is not and has not been fired.
thanks
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Just saw this on Twitter from the GOJHL Insider.

St Thomas Stars add NAHL goalie Cooper Seedott. A 96' resident of Northville, Michigan.
Queen of the GOJHL

BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Brookshaw not in the line up tonight
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:Brookshaw not in the line up tonight
Have heard he's about to be traded.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Any clue where? If he stays in the west will be to London for cash.... maybe listowel ?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Any clue where? If he stays in the west will be to London for cash.... maybe listowel ?
The rumor is Stratford.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I've heard Kitchener, but I guess we'll see.

With his skill set, I'd be very surprised to see him in the West.
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

It was mentioned on Strathroy radio tonight in St. Thomas that there was a rumoured trade with the Rockets sending over Ewart, Good and Davies for Nother, Brookshaw and Black.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Marcie wrote:It was mentioned on Strathroy radio tonight in St. Thomas that there was a rumoured trade with the Rockets sending over Ewart, Good and Davies for Nother, Brookshaw and Black.
Lol good one... Nother already been traded you start that rumor ?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

No, sorry I didn't make myself very clear. It happens a lot. They said on the radio that this was a rumour floating around before Nother left and that both sides are now denying. I thought it was odd because you don't normally hear such things on the radio.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Marcie wrote:No, sorry I didn't make myself very clear. It happens a lot. They said on the radio that this was a rumour floating around before Nother left and that both sides are now denying. I thought it was odd because you don't normally hear such things on the radio.
Ok makes more sense now if the rumor was there before Nother left. Brookshaw in my opinion is going to want to go to a contender it will be interesting to see where he ends up though. Any idea what's going on in St Thomas this year?