Early Surprises?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

cpt obvious

Early Surprises?

Post by cpt obvious »

Season is just under away, anyone surprised or disappointed in their team so far?
I know in London we weren't sure what the club would look like after last seasons cup run but I have to say the management has done a great job reloading on the talent.
Thoughts?
Port hockey1

Re: Early Surprises?

Post by Port hockey1 »

St.Marys has been a huge surprise for me.

St.Thomas has been another surprise. They've had the talent before, but have never been able to get much out of it. Early on this season it looks like their kids are buying in.

Listowel's another surprise, I figured they'd have a good team, but sitting on top of the Mid-West undefeated is surprising. They face Kitchener in their next two games, so we'll see what they're made of early.

Apparently St.Catharines fans are surprised that their team looks like a legit contender. Before the season I said they'd challenge for 1st place. No surprises with them for me, but a few who post here must be shocked. :lol:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I expect more out if LaSalle as well. St Mary's has had more players sent down from the OHL than usual so they should be better this year. Having ex OHL guys like Thompson and recent ex NHLers like Bell working with the players has made St. Mary's a better choice than recent years. Hopefully they can get a decent amount of fan support at home because they have some players with alot of potential on their roster.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LaSalle will get going soon. They have a good group of returning players and a few good additions.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102