FastHockey

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

DropDPuck

FastHockey

Post by DropDPuck »

Could someone give me some comments on Fasthockey. Is it still being done in the GOJHL this year. Is the quality good?

Thank you
SebJHockey

Re: FastHockey

Post by SebJHockey »

DropDPuck wrote:Could someone give me some comments on Fasthockey. Is it still being done in the GOJHL this year. Is the quality good?

Thank you

Depends.

Some teams have above average quality.

Teams like Listowel who are in the middle of nowhere has connection issues.

Its worth it though especially for me. I can watch the GOJHL, NOJHL, OJHL, BCHL, CCHL and much more.

It will be going still this year in the gojhl!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It's only worth it in the playoffs. Even then half of the arena's give you a muted feed with no sound. Then there's the quality issues, some teams appear to be filming the game with a potato.

There's a few feeds that come with sound. Some even have play by play calling, but just being able to hear the action on the ice is better than being muted. Fast Hockey still has a lot of issues, IMO.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I thought I would have a look at Buffalo tonight since I will likely never make a trip to their rink. They are hosting Welland. It is not on FastHockey. I thought you got fined for not having your games streamed.
Last edited by Marcie on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SebJHockey

Post by SebJHockey »

Marcie wrote:I thought I would have a look at Buffalo tonight since I will likely never make a trip to their rink. They are hosting Welland. It is not on FashHockey. I thought you got fined for not having your games streamed.

$100.

I hate when teams do that.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

St. Thomas is providing play-by-play this year.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Buffalo probably doesnt even have the set up yet. No one even knew if they were going to be in or out and how long they will be staying. Doubt there home games will be on fast hockey at all this year.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Leamington providing play by play and colour tonight vs London.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Well it started out with commentary in Leamington, but was lost a few minutes into the game with technical difficulties.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Last night FastHockey went down in Chatham during the second period. The feed never came back on. There were about 16 disappointed folks. Too bad, it was a great game. It is not available on video on demand. (A service that allows you to watch games that have already been played.) Strathroy's game with St. Marys from Saturday at the WMMC is also not available for VOD.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

If they didn't have so many issues with FastHockey, there would've probably been more than just 16 people... But as these issues continue to pop up, I can't blame people for not wasting their money on it.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I watch a lot of games from the West and 16 is the highest number that I have seen by far this year. There is usually very, very few watching.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:I watch a lot of games from the West and 16 is the highest number that I have seen by far this year. There is usually very, very few watching.
And that's kinda sad. Hoping they get this thing working with fewer flaws. A lot of fans out there, guessing a lot more people would give it a try. :)
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Marcie wrote:I watch a lot of games from the West and 16 is the highest number that I have seen by far this year. There is usually very, very few watching.
And that's kinda sad. Hoping they get this thing working with fewer flaws. A lot of fans out there, guessing a lot more people would give it a try. :)
I think the subscription price is what keeps a lot of people away.
SebJHockey

Post by SebJHockey »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

It's a steep price to pay if you are only interested in GOJHL games.

If you watch the BCHL which I watch a lot of, it's worth it. They have great feeds, commentators.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

SebJHockey wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

It's a steep price to pay if you are only interested in GOJHL games.

If you watch the BCHL which I watch a lot of, it's worth it. They have great feeds, commentators.
Yep I agree but most do not know that or care.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

It's mostly used in our league for the database of games for teams to do pre-scouting.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Quite so. Every teams gets a certain number of free passwords for their coaching/managerial/scouting staff.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Minor miracle - Thorold at Buffalo on FastHockey tonight!!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Has anything happened yet with Thorold's logo? It looks like they are wearing a black sweater tonight in Buffalo. It is too far away to make out to logo.
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Marcie wrote:Has anything happened yet with Thorold's logo? It looks like they are wearing a black sweater tonight in Buffalo. It is too far away to make out to logo.
I don't think thorold has to change there logo until June or July of 2017. That black jersey would be there regular third jersey.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My hockey addiction is too severe for me to actually want to pay for it. That's why I go to games rather than sit at home and watch it on the internet. I even hate listening to it on the radio, it's not the same as being there and seeing it live.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.