Schedule

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

fanofgame

Re: Schedule

Post by fanofgame »

drafty wrote:
there are 6 teams in Niagara however only 1 of them play in our league
Niagara Falls, St.Catharines, Welland, Fort Erie, Thorold, Pelham. Looks like 6 to me, and I'm pretty sure they all play in the GOJHL.
what I meant was and clearly did not explain was 1 team with the name Niagara in our league, my mistake for not explaining it clearer
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

Huzzuh! They got it up before camps started at least

RE https://twitter.com/StThomasStars/statu ... 4877578241
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The schedule for the Showcase has been slightly revised.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/gojhl-showcase-2016/

*Edit

I've now gone through the schedule to see what the difference is. They've expanded it to say Niagara Falls, took the apostrophe out of St. Marys and changed 2 games. St. Marys was playing Brampton Sept. 10 at 8:00 and Strathroy was playing Fort Erie on Sept. 11 at 1:45. They've now flipped them, St. Marys has Fort Erie and Strathroy has Brampton.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

RocketGirl wrote:You got a present HockeyDad!

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/lea ... onid=16158
Here I was wondering if the first pre-season game would come before the schedule was released :P

Lets hope that the GOJHL learned something here :smt003
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You're making it sound like this is normal for the schedule to be released this late. Due to some extenuating circumstances, and I suggest you read ILuvHackey's post on the Shoe topic about the schedule, it was late this year.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:You're making it sound like this is normal for the schedule to be released this late. Due to some extenuating circumstances, and I suggest you read ILuvHackey's post on the Shoe topic about the schedule, it was late this year.
The point was there was no excuse for it.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

RocketGirl wrote:You're making it sound like this is normal for the schedule to be released this late. Due to some extenuating circumstances, and I suggest you read ILuvHackey's post on the Shoe topic about the schedule, it was late this year.
The smiley faces would suggest that I was joking and attempting to have fun, but, since we're beating a dead horse now...
Port hockey1 wrote:
The point was there was no excuse for it.
What he said. There's no reason why it needed to be released in mid August. If there where league issues with Buffalo, work them out in April/May, not in August.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

This is just another example of how this league is not ready for A status
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

HockeyDad1 wrote:
fanofgame wrote:@ HockeyDad1 I totally understand the frustration and by all means this is the beauty of social media the ability to voice your displeasure. I was not so much pointing you out as saying in general the need to complain. just an example ( the complaint about having Niagara instead of Niagara Falls, yes there are 6 teams in Niagara however only 1 of them play in our league if I am not mistaken. Or St. Marys instead of St. Mary's I get it but spell check doesn't. LOL The league needs improvements there is no doubt it is far from being perfect but lets pick and choose our battles maybe?
I'm actually not one to complain. I started this thread as a general question asking in a fun way when the schedule was being posted. I thought it would be any day at that point but figured why not have fun.

Its become a bit of a farce at this point. I still assume it will be out any day, but there could be a ligitimite chance that players will report to rookie/main camps without knowing when their first home game is.

We complain that scouts don't watch our players because of the Jr B tag, well I can promise you not giving them a schedule is a great way to not get them to games.

I wouldn't care that much if I didn't have a kid in the league and wanted to perhaps schedule our days to go see him play, or listen to the commish being upset that they are not Jr A. Well thats all good, but if your going to complain about not being Jr A, you better be acting like a Jr A league. Having a schedule out well in advance of camps is probably on page 1 of that 'Jr A manual'.

I emailed, no responce. My friend who scouts for the London Knights emailed, no response. If you want to ignore a father, fine, a scout? Really? You can't complain about scouts not going to games when you wont even show them the respect to scouts? Must be nice.
Take your kid to another league then if your going to complain so much about this league
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:
HockeyDad1 wrote:
fanofgame wrote:@ HockeyDad1 I totally understand the frustration and by all means this is the beauty of social media the ability to voice your displeasure. I was not so much pointing you out as saying in general the need to complain. just an example ( the complaint about having Niagara instead of Niagara Falls, yes there are 6 teams in Niagara however only 1 of them play in our league if I am not mistaken. Or St. Marys instead of St. Mary's I get it but spell check doesn't. LOL The league needs improvements there is no doubt it is far from being perfect but lets pick and choose our battles maybe?
I'm actually not one to complain. I started this thread as a general question asking in a fun way when the schedule was being posted. I thought it would be any day at that point but figured why not have fun.

Its become a bit of a farce at this point. I still assume it will be out any day, but there could be a ligitimite chance that players will report to rookie/main camps without knowing when their first home game is.

We complain that scouts don't watch our players because of the Jr B tag, well I can promise you not giving them a schedule is a great way to not get them to games.

I wouldn't care that much if I didn't have a kid in the league and wanted to perhaps schedule our days to go see him play, or listen to the commish being upset that they are not Jr A. Well thats all good, but if your going to complain about not being Jr A, you better be acting like a Jr A league. Having a schedule out well in advance of camps is probably on page 1 of that 'Jr A manual'.

I emailed, no responce. My friend who scouts for the London Knights emailed, no response. If you want to ignore a father, fine, a scout? Really? You can't complain about scouts not going to games when you wont even show them the respect to scouts? Must be nice.
Take your kid to another league then if your going to complain so much about this league
Well, once you sign a card your locked in, that would be possible (im kidding, again) :lol:

If you take a look at the 'history of complaining', I think you'll find between myself and league officials, I'm probably on the lower side :wink:

Like I said, the whole thing started as a joke, turning into less than one because two people (less than those who agree with me it seems) are extra defensive about their league. That's cool, emotional reactions, I get it, but its not like Im the only one and its not like this is common. No league has ever waited this long to post a schedule, and acting like it was unavoidable is silly when you could have had the same issues taken care of earlier in the summer.

Does the GOJHL offices close over the summer? I honestly have no idea, but they'd be the only Jr A league that did I'm pretty sure.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

HockeyDad1 wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
HockeyDad1 wrote:

Well, once you sign a card your locked in, that would be possible (im kidding, again) :lol:

If you take a look at the 'history of complaining', I think you'll find between myself and league officials, I'm probably on the lower side :wink:

Like I said, the whole thing started as a joke, turning into less than one because two people (less than those who agree with me it seems) are extra defensive about their league. That's cool, emotional reactions, I get it, but its not like Im the only one and its not like this is common. No league has ever waited this long to post a schedule, and acting like it was unavoidable is silly when you could have had the same issues taken care of earlier in the summer.

Does the GOJHL offices close over the summer? I honestly have no idea, but they'd be the only Jr A league that did I'm pretty sure.
yes very true I do see your point here.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

HockeyDad1 wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
HockeyDad1 wrote:

Legal issues take some time - unfortunately this one took some time before the league basically realized it wasn't worth the time that it had already took and backed off. The league is almost always on time with the schedule in late July. If this becomes a pattern, I'd be concerned, but for now... eh it's out and time to play some hockey.
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:
HockeyDad1 wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote: Take your kid to another league then if your going to complain so much about this league

Legal issues take some time - unfortunately this one took some time before the league basically realized it wasn't worth the time that it had already took and backed off. The league is almost always on time with the schedule in late July. If this becomes a pattern, I'd be concerned, but for now... eh it's out and time to play some hockey.
And I highly doubt it will ever be an issue again. The only reason this turned into a thing is when a few posters didn't like me making jokes and it got way to serious htan it was originally meant.