Chatham

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Undertaker

Chatham

Post by Undertaker »

According to the NOJHL site Chatham has acquired a 20 year old forward.

July 11, 2016 - Elliot Lake Wildcats transfer Alec MacKenzie to Chatham Maroons Jr. B (GOJHL)

84 points in 90 Jr A games. Looks like a solid pick up for the Maroons.
brad 36

Re: Chatham

Post by brad 36 »

almost a point per game guy i like it cant wait for the season to start i know there has been alot of crap in chatham the last few years but i honestly think he team is going is going in the right direction there going to need some big tallent to replace the jitter bug line as we called that young powerfull line
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Ownership change is what your maroons need and bad.
End of a era in Leamington
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Results have been better with these owners than the previous but were not getting into that lets just focus on the task at hand the 2016/2017 hockey season
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The Chatham Maroons are pleased to announce that the following veterans will be returning for the 2016 / 17 season:
Austin Thompson
Brendan Johnston
Blair Derynck
Michael Douglas
Cory Bussing
Aaron Jacobs
Nolan VandenBoorn
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

With only 7 returning players so far chatham is going to have to fill alot of holes especially on the back end was hoping to see one more d man thats not listed but stillots of time anything can happen
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

I went to the rink on Saturday to check out the Maroon’s first day of camp. Oh boy, do they have their work cut out for them. Just a handful of vets there and the hopefuls did not look all that promising. I know it was only day one, but it looked pretty bad. I will check them out later in the week to see if much has changed. Hopefully a few more vets will show up.

A lot of the parents were expressing concerns about the new head coach Brian Verbeek and his coaching tactics. I can’t say I know much about him other than what has been written in the newspaper about his bad temper and his conviction a few years back of assault against of his own 2 boys.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Chatham definatly was light on Saturday at camp, they even had a 15 year old there. Sunday was a better turn out, with their bigger hopefuls like Hall showing up. While I agree Verbeek is questionable right now, what I saw from him at practice, and some of the drill he runs, if he can get players to bite on his game plan and have ability to learn what he's trying to teach them... Look out.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2016/08/ ... daily-news

Maroon's are having a good pre- season. I don't no much about the situation in Chatham but this can't be good.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My initial reaction was laughter because this is ridiculous. Mark Malone has covered the Maroons for years and he's done a good job at it. Pretty sure this is not a smart business move.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

Preventing local media from doing their job and providing updates and information about the team is downright disgusting.
Mark Malone has provided accurate, responsible and fair Jr. B coverage for many, many years. Blocking coverage of the Maroons is an outrage and a disservice. Perhaps the GOJHL and the OHA should institute some more specific rules regarding media coverage. A team fine should be levied for this action.
If the owner doesn't want to talk to the press that's fine, but the members of the all media should be permitted to attend games, talk to coaches and players in order to augment their stories and broadcasts with a perspective both pro and con.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2016/08/ ... daily-news

Maroon's are having a good pre- season. I don't no much about the situation in Chatham but this can't be good.
Chatham has turned into a freaking circus!!! Zero Respect for that organization right now!!! :smt009 :smt078
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Anyone who defends these owners and their childish antics clearly isn't playing with a full deck.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

I have been in the media business for well over 30 years. Banning a reporter, or broadcaster without justification is insane. The Circus Tent is up and the show is in full swing in Chatham. Lately - within the last half year anyway - it seems that teams are suddenly banning media for no reason. The action last spring on Strathroy is a prime example of pure stupidity - and to my knowledge that one still has not been resolved with a valid reason. Or even an attempt at harmony. Maybe in light of this Mark Malone situation, the OHA and GOJHL will create a more substantial media policy rather than just a general whereby radio/TV media have to ask for permission in order to broadcast games. In the meantime the Maroons will be missing out on some of the finest junior hockey journalism in SW Ontario.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Sebastian has given his opinion on this situation. FYI, NSFW.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/in-the- ... ompetence/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Sebastian has given his opinion on this situation. FYI, NSFW.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/in-the- ... ompetence/
Very well said!!! These clowns must be related to the Toffolo's.

They've made a mess out of a franchise that has a lot of history. Those two owners sound like real pillars of the community! :roll:

#ChathamMaroonsAreADisgraceToTheGOJHLAndFansEverywhere
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

the ownership is sure giving them maroons a bad name, been saying it for 6 years now, the problem in chatham is the ownership. I am sure Brad will disagree tho.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:the ownership is sure giving them maroons a bad name, been saying it for 6 years now, the problem in chatham is the ownership. I am sure Brad will disagree tho.
You were right on the money. I didn't want to believe it, but you were right on the money!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Its too bad, cause chatham is a great hockey town and the Maroons have a great history, hopefully someone steps up and buys the team
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

I see Chatham has aquired Jake Reed from St Thomas. Not sure the details, if player/s sent back or cash deal but either way it should be an improvement for them.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Well flyers since you feel the need to drag my name into this I will chime in do I agree with everything they do not a chance in hell but its there team not ours I do think they mad good moves with the verbeeks altho time will tell
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Well that finally settles that question, looks like Cato is with Lasalle as rumoured as he played tonight. Big loss for Chatham and hoping it wasn't true.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I know. I saw him during the game and was like, when did that happen?!
Queen of the GOJHL

shady

Post by shady »

I don't think it is a big loss , spends a lot of time in the box . More of a detriment to the team IMO
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Well. I went to the game tonight against St. Thomas. The Maroons played very well against a good St. Thomas team. I have to admit that I was unsure about Verbeek and his coaching skills, but he has proven to be very capable. He is still a bit hot under the collar at times but I hope he will get that under control soon. Anyways, let hope the team continues to progress.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

The boys are playing very well right now with the exception of the game in forest the other night and a bad game in lasalle. Ill admit I was insure how this season was going to go with so many new faces in the organization but they seem to be meshing together very well and I think we defonatly have a team that is going to be a strong contender this year
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

From the Jr.C forum;

Maroons add OHL veteran Yetman

The Chatham Maroons received 19-year-old forward Bryce Yetman from the OHL's Soo Greyhounds on Friday.

Yetman has 11 goals, 12 assists and 32 penalty minutes in 115 career regular-season games in the Ontario Hockey League with the Greyhounds, Flint Firebirds and Plymouth Whalers.

The six-foot, 166-pound Whitby native has played three full seasons in the OHL. He had no points in two games this season.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2016/10/ ... ns-ot-goal

This sounds like this was the best game in the GOJHL so far. And the home team wins in double OT
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

It was a very good game indeed. I honestly dont think either team played a very good game defence wise both teams seemed to really lack somethinv on the back end but it made for a very good game to watch from a fans stand point. Both teams seemed to get the bounces both offences did a great job. Well done boys of both clubs you guys put on one hell of a show
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Lots of trouble in Chatham. Most if not all of the players are sick and tired of Verbeek already. He continues to yell and scream at the players to the point of almost abuse. The ownership got what they wanted, a chip off the old block (ie incompetence) Just like they are. The players all want out.