Chatham

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

three dog night

Re: Chatham

Post by three dog night »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote:Lots of trouble in Chatham. Most if not all of the players are sick and tired of Verbeek already. He continues to yell and scream at the players to the point of almost abuse. The ownership got what they wanted, a chip off the old block (ie incompetence) Just like they are. The players all want out.
I do not know the Chatham situation but the team is 12 and 4 if the players want out would not the team be losing more games.
HockeyGuru32

Post by HockeyGuru32 »

It's called PRIDE what kid playing hockey wants to loose a game? Good Coach or Bad Coach and anyone who says a kid playing wants to lose on purpose has never laced them up in Jr hockey. Same goes for a series going to game 7 because they need the gate money
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

The Chatham Maroons acquired defenceman Cole Dezainde from the Strathroy Rockets and sent forward Brendan Ritchie to the Blenheim Blades / Dresden Kings.

I expect more defenceman to be picked up for Chatham. The defence is the weakest part of the roster at this time.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Welcome back to chatham teddy mcgeen
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Great to have McGeen back and Chatham also pick up Sarfati from Lambton Shores.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I don't know why half of these kids leave in the first place. They must think because they are a top six forward here, that means they'll be one at the next stop too.

When are these kids going to see the grass isn't always greener on the other side? Unless you have a spot in the CHL, stay with your junior team. OJHL, NOJHL, BCHL... Big deal! Stay where you're getting noticed. If a kid is that good, he'll get noticed in any league.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

go where you're wanted
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I see today that Sarnia sent the rights to Austin Bentley to Chatham for Brendan Ritchie.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I see today that Sarnia sent the rights to Austin Bentley to Chatham for Brendan Ritchie.
Interesting. Maybe Bentley isn't liking it in Dresden very much. Could see him coming back.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

I dont think thats the issue port as I know the kid well it was a matter of not wanting to play in sarnia dresden was his way out however im unsure at this time how much time he will spend in b with the maroons time will tell I guess
Last edited by brad 36 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shady

Post by shady »

Still Don't know why they loading up on forwards when they need some solid defencemen . Defense is horrible
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

I fully agree that the defense needs help and I would think they are looking to improve it. To me they Maroons have the best 4 line squad up front in the conference plus the best 1-2 combination in net. They will certainly be a tough team team to deal with when they get 2 more defense.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Im sure there may be more changes coming but even still the team we has is doing very well.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Maroons have come along way from the start of the season and have surprised lots of people including myself. With the recent additions London and Chatham have to be the favourites in the conference.
End of a era in Leamington