St. Mary's

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Undertaker

St. Mary's

Post by Undertaker »

Main camp is just over a month away, the organization has gutted it self, no coaches in place, only 5 signings announced. I am sure the changes will be good in the long run but how will they field a competitive team this year?

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/20 ... ve-gut-job
Undertaker

Re: St. Mary's

Post by Undertaker »

Lincolns announce exhibition schedule,

Exhibition Game Schedule:

Wednesday August 24th in LISTOWEL

Friday August 26th in STRATFORD

Sunday August 28th vs Stratford in ST. MARYS

Thursday September 1st vs Listowel in ST. MARYS

***All games are 7:30pm starts***
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited for St. Marys. I hope that they've got the right people in place to turn that organization around. It was just 5 seasons ago that they were a mid-top team and I hope they can return to that.

The Lincolns have been around for 60 years and I can't imagine not having them in the league.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I also find it interesting that their exhibition games are not against Western Conference teams although that could just be the new GM arranging games with people he already knows. There is a saying that a new broom sweeps clean. To get back to where they once were requires a culture change. Like the Toronto Maple Leafs getting the right people in place and building it right does take time. Unfortunately I think it will be a tough season for the Lincolns this year.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It's hard to be excited for a team that keeps rebuilding with a new set of players every year. But the buzz around the Lakers has caught my attention.(Jr.C) So I guess I can go into this season with an open mind towards St.Marys.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Former NHL player Mark Bell has joined the Lincolns as a assistant coach for the 2016-2017 season.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:Former NHL player Mark Bell has joined the Lincolns as a assistant coach for the 2016-2017 season.
Wow, that's a great sign. Having anyone around with an NHL background usually catches peoples attention. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Bell is from nearby St Paul, was still playing pro in Europe last season.This will draw players back and new ones in the future. It may break the past dependency on London and St Thomas releases. One has to wonder who is coming in as HC. I still think they may have missed the boat on some quality players by leaving the coaching position vacant for so long.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Burlington JR-A Tier II acquired Jeff Schrattner from St Marys (JR-B) according from ojhl web site.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The Lincolns have a coach now. This is from their Twitter.
Lincolns new head coach is 36 year old Scott Thompson. He is a former Lincoln and played 3 years with Brampton in the OHL. #newstart #gojhl
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

St.Marys defeats St.Thomas 7-5

2-2 now on the season. St.Marys is looking like they'll be in a lot of games this season.