Off season news/ Player movement: Part 2

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Off season news/ Player movement: Part 2

Post by Port hockey1 »

Pleases use this thread for announcing league signings, trades, and anything else about the league that we've missed this off-season.

Please stick to the topic at hand, we don't need another Mod locking this thread. :roll: :roll: :smt009
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Undertaker

Re: Off season news/ Player movement: Part 2

Post by Undertaker »

I would encourage people to just consider this topic closed by the administrator as not relevant to the league. Most of the player and coach movement for this season is already documented in part 1. Nothing personal Port, but in my opinion the other thread contains 85-90% of any player moves that are occurring this off season, there is basically just resignings to report now. I for one have no intention of adding in on part 2, part 3, part 4 etc.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I see Sarnia is holding a press conference tonight at 7:00 at Stokes by the Bay. I'm guessing this is to announce some signings. I saw something last week about them hiring a new/returning assistant coach.

And I'm not sure how you think this isn't relevant to the league. I just felt the other one was getting out of hand and perhaps we needed to start over again with a new thread.

Maybe we should have a thread about each team instead?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Undertaker wrote:I would encourage people to just consider this topic closed by the administrator as not relevant to the league. Most of the player and coach movement for this season is already documented in part 1. Nothing personal Port, but in my opinion the other thread contains 85-90% of any player moves that are occurring this off season, there is basically just resignings to report now. I for one have no intention of adding in on part 2, part 3, part 4 etc.
A lot of team's are currently still looking at their options. There will be a lot of future news to break on this thread. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I see Sarnia is holding a press conference tonight at 7:00 at Stokes by the Bay. I'm guessing this is to announce some signings. I saw something last week about them hiring a new/returning assistant coach.

And I'm not sure how you think this isn't relevant to the league. I just felt the other one was getting out of hand and perhaps we needed to start over again with a new thread.

Agreed that the last thread was going all over the place. Just hoping everyone stays civil on this one.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote:I see Sarnia is holding a press conference tonight at 7:00 at Stokes by the Bay. I'm guessing this is to announce some signings. I saw something last week about them hiring a new/returning assistant coach.

wouldnt be a bad idea actually
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The St. Thomas Stars are pleased to announce some re-signings for the upcoming 2016/17 season:

We would like to welcome back:
G - Dan Black
D - Curtis Ferreira
F - Andrew Chambers
F - Cal Horvat
F - Lucas Mastroianni

More players from last year are still expected to be re-signed in the coming days/weeks. Stay tuned!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Lincs goalie Paul Town received a roller hockey scholarship with Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri for next year.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

This is Sarnia's news from yesterday.

https://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia ... new-faces/

New signs are Alec Scarsella and Austin Bentley. Bentley played for Waterloo last season, but is from Chatham.

Re-signs are Eric Marsh, Ethan DuPont, Joey Zappa, Zack Vanderwal, Captain Hunter Tyczynski, Jarret Marks, Brett Storr and Sam McCormick, with the last 3 being assistant captains.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The Lincolns have a new executive following the resignation of their President. I'm hoping this is the change they need to get back on track. I can't imagine not having the St Marys Lincolns in the league.

http://stmaryslincolns.pointstreaksites ... ews_456245
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The St. Thomas Stars are pleased to announce the signing of forward Kevin Hu for the upcoming season.

In 2015/16, Hu registered 27 goals and 23 assists (50 points) in 39 games with the London Lakers of the GMHL.

Hu - a native of Mississauga - will be turning 19 this year and will be attending Western University.

"We look forward to seeing Kevin perform in our league." says Head Coach Darren Kelly, "He will ad more firepower to our lineup with his hockey smarts and scoring touch."

We will be announcing more signings and re-signings in the coming days and weeks. Stay tuned.
DETGHOJHLFAN

Post by DETGHOJHLFAN »

from The OJHL Leagues Transaction Page Trenton 07/19/16 ADD Fassl, Tyler (G) added to team
DETGHOJHLFAN

Post by DETGHOJHLFAN »

from the OJHL Leagues Transactions page Trenton 07/21/16 ADD Bottrell, Austin (F) added to team
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

DETGHOJHLFAN wrote:any word on Ethan Skinner have heard he may Sign with Trenton have also heard Austin Bottrell may move up as well ?
You were asking on the other thread and I just saw this on the OJHL forum.
Big time point producer, Ethan Skinner, ex Elmira Sugar King and Trenton playoff call up, has opten not to return to the Golden Hawks and will suit up instead with the Merritt Centennial of the BCHL.
Queen of the GOJHL

DETGHOJHLFAN

Post by DETGHOJHLFAN »

yep I have seen it all ready but thanks very good player and I wish him the best of luck
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I am seeing some changes in London. Mike Borrows has resigned as GM, Pat Powers is now Head Coach and GM, and Tim Simmons has moved from Asst. GM to Director of Hockey Operators.

This is all courtesy of Twitter.
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The St. Thomas Stars are pleased to announce that three players from last season are returning to the Stars squad.

The Stars have re-signed forwards Adam Keyes & Ethan Nother along with defenceman James Newland.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Marcie wrote:The St. Thomas Stars are pleased to announce that three players from last season are returning to the Stars squad.

The Stars have re-signed forwards Adam Keyes & Ethan Nother along with defenceman James Newland.
Really looks like the Stars could be the team to beat in the west this season, London and Leamington are in rebuild mode, Lasalle and Sarnia should be good considering the returnees as well. The rest of the west will struggle again, biggest disappointment will be Chatham if they can't find their stride.