Chatham turning into a joke!

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Chatham turning into a joke!

Post by Port hockey1 »

The players are dropping like fly's in Chatham. Both kids who they've committed to have now signed with Leamington. They join Koviak, McGeen, and many others who've bolted since the coaching change.

Looks like Chatham is turning into the place not to be! Hopefully the dolt who owns the team sells the franchise before he runs it into the ground. :shock:

http://www.cksn.ca/2016/06/maroons-lose-another-player/
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Chatham turning into a joke!

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like the coaching change has really hurt the Maroons.

From the Chatham daily news; June 17th, 2016
Maroons lose D-man

The Chatham Maroons won't be adding Jaydon Fetter to their blue-line after all.

They committed to the 16-year-old defenceman from Windsor before their prospects camp in May, but he signed Thursday with the Leamington Flyers.

Maroons head coach Tyler Roeszler resigned less than a week after announcing the commitment and was replaced by Brian Verbeek.

The five-foot-11, 175-pound Fetter played this past season with the Windsor Midget 'AAA' Jr. Spitfires.

He had six goals and 26 assists in 31 regular-season games. He tied for 12th in scoring in Alliance Hockey.

The coaching change was also the reason three top forwards bolted from the team, as is stated below.

From the Chatham daily news; Jene 18th, 2016
The Chatham Maroons' rookie trio of small, fast, skilled forwards was one of the highest-scoring lines this past season in the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League's Western Conference.

Teddy McGeen (45 points), Connor Koviak (51 points) and Ross Krieger (51 points) talked about sticking together with the Maroons next season, but each was also looking to jump to the junior 'A' ranks.

McGeen was the first to leave for the Powell River Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League.

“They'd been talking to me a little bit over the course of the season and I reached out to them at the end,” said the 18-year-old winger from Windsor. “It seems like a really good fit.”

Koviak then went to the Minnesota Wilderness of the North American Hockey League and Krieger signed with the Georgetown Raiders of the Ontario Junior Hockey League.

All three finalized their moves after Maroons head coach Tyler Roeszler resigned in May. He was replaced by Brian Verbeek.

“We were all on the same page,” said McGeen, who scored a team-high 27 goals. “Once we heard about the coaching change, it made us re-evaluate things a little. Once I made the decision to hop out west, Ross and Koviak kind of followed suit.

“I'd be lying if I said the coaching change had nothing to do with this decision.

Looking like it might be a long season. :(
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

What do you mean it's turning into a joke. It's been a joke for years. The only positive move they made in years was hiring Roeszler and they undid that in the span of one season. This ownership group gives nothing back the the community of Chatham-Kent. When will the people wake up?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote:What do you mean it's turning into a joke. It's been a joke for years. The only positive move they made in years was hiring Roeszler and they undid that in the span of one season. This ownership group gives nothing back the the community of Chatham-Kent. When will the people wake up?
This Chatham fan has woken up! A relative of mine, who's supported Chatham since at least the early 90's just wants these owners gone. This fan is considering leaving for another organization now, unbelievable! If this person leaves, London or Leamington will be the team I follow out West this season.

I started openly supporting Chatham a few years ago because I have family down there. Now it's looking like I've made a terrible decision, one incident after another with this franchise! :x :x :x
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I have heard of another player that wanted to go to Chatham, but based on what's going on, he's thinking of checking out another team.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I have heard of another player that wanted to go to Chatham, but based on what's going on, he's thinking of checking out another team.
I'm sure there's a lot of kids looking to avoid them now. A shame because they had a nice core coming back and some talented kids lined up for next season. :(
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

I had heard there are a few wanting out of Chatham, a coaching change can cause that.
Last edited by Oglethorp on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Hey Oglethorp, I don't understand what you are saying. Can you provide some more details or context.
HockeyGod

Post by HockeyGod »

Chatham has some problems and are not looking in to good of shape right now with the hiring of a new coach,and many players jumping ship.How some poeple forget in the past how strong this organization has been.The maroons have a handful of young kids ready to jump in the lineup already.The ownership will determine what they need to fill holes what i have heard their is no panick in chatham.It helps to have $$$$$ and willing to spend it as how many players were brought in the last 2 yrs because of it.The maroons ownership didnt win any fans firing a well liked coach,leading to some players leaving.I'm sure their will be lots of news coming out of chatham come August.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyGod wrote:Chatham has some problems and are not looking in to good of shape right now with the hiring of a new coach,and many players jumping ship.How some poeple forget in the past how strong this organization has been.The maroons have a handful of young kids ready to jump in the lineup already.The ownership will determine what they need to fill holes what i have heard their is no panick in chatham.It helps to have $$$$$ and willing to spend it as how many players were brought in the last 2 yrs because of it.The maroons ownership didnt win any fans firing a well liked coach,leading to some players leaving.I'm sure their will be lots of news coming out of chatham come August.
I have a feeling there will be a lot of news coming out of Chatham all season. The owner has lost the respect of his players, something stinks in Chatham. This is far from this owners first rodeo, so it's getting harder to like them...
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

There are a handful of individuals that need to be extracted for the good of the league and the current owner is certainly one of them.
Last edited by Oglethorp on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Didn't you say in the other thread that this wouldn't work?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

I am not sure where I said the league taking control from an inept owner wouldn't work.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

» Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:04 pm

The OHA needs to take a firm stance on this. This isn't like the OHL where the league stepping in to take control of a franchise to get it back on track will work.

That's from the thread that the owners need to come up with a plan. When you came up with the relegation to Jr C plan.
Queen of the GOJHL

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Not sure they are connected
Last edited by Oglethorp on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Lol ...... I thought the conversation had turned to the Chatham owner but of course Dean .....oops ..... I meant "Oglethorp" ...... likes to put the focus back on the team that didn't sign his kid a few years ago. Good thing that MD the coach of his kid now doesn't have a checked past or anything like that. I just hope that the next time that I'm in arena with you, you come over and stand beside me so some of your expertise rubs off on me as you seem to know everything about everything and on every subject. And before you start accusing me of being involved with any of the teams in the league just know this ..... I'm not ...... Yes I played in the league, I watch games in the league, I'm a fan of the league and yes ..... Jeff is my real name unlike yourself.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote:Hey Oglethorp, I don't understand what you are saying. Can you provide some more details or context.
Sure, sometimes when a player signs it is because they have a good feeling about the coach. Its really not that uncommon.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Steven Beenackers is the new captain of the Maroons.

http://www.cksn.ca/2016/06/steven-beena ... s-captain/
Queen of the GOJHL