Off season news/ Player movement

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

ILuvHackey

Re: Off season news

Post by ILuvHackey »

BillyTheKid wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:Yes, I've been waiting for the announcement(s) on what vets we, there's that word again, have re-signed. The easiest way to lock them up for the season, and make sure the OJHL doesn't get them, is to sign them early. Plus, it gets fans excited to see their favourite guys back for another season.
Lol once again the "we" word your saying for a team that's embarrassed to have you around for things you say on here and do from what I've been told :shock: lol. Anyways who's the new coach ? Since your so up to date on your team and no everything what's going on :? Lol. "We" would love to know who the new coach is since they have already signed him.
RocketGirl

Re: Off season news/ Player movement

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm not afraid of Billy. I take what he says with a grain of salt.

There are those that have issues with the fact that I can get information. I have a lot of different contacts within the hockey community that give me information. Hell, I basically did 2 telephone interviews this week for an article I'm working on.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Marcie wrote:Well this is an issue that we members of the forum have discussed a lot - how to keep GOJHL players in the GOJHL instead of jumping to Prov. Jr. A. The BCHL is different situation entirely, as we all know that is a much better league with a lot of benefits. Tier II was always seen as an "equal" league. It is a tough pill to swallow to develop a kid for a year or two, and then see them go Tier II. Are we nothing more than a developmental league for Prov. Jr. A?
I've seen kids come down from the OJHL and struggle in this league after being around a point per game in the OJHL. I've seen other kids come down who didn't produce much in that league & start racking up points in our league.

In my opinion, the OJHL has a few team's that would most likely defeat pretty much all of the teams in the GOJHL. But a lot of teams in the OJHL would be embarrassed by some of the top teams in the GOJHL.

I'm thinking GOJHL teams need to try and find more creative reasons to give these kids when they ask why they should stay. Because as countless players coming back over the years has shown, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. :)
i guess some of these kids think the OJ has more to offer.
The OJ does offer more practices, more equipment and more exposure in exchange for alot more pay for you to play. At the end of the day it is not even close to the best Jr A league to be in but it is the most costly. These players that have signed in the OJ now need a trade if they want to go to a premiere league like the BCHL or the AJHL. I totally understand a player taking up the opportunity to go to the BCHL, but to settle for the OJ, the players must want more than just added exposure to play in a talent equivalent league. I can see where a player like House may want to go as opposed returning to a team like St Marys that has no finances and gets extremely limited exposure. DiCicco I am not sure he is gaining as much leaving London to play there.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm not afraid of Billy. I take what he says with a grain of salt.

There are those that have issues with the fact that I can get information. I have a lot of different contacts within the hockey community that give me information. Hell, I basically did 2 telephone interviews this week for an article I'm working on.
Lets not get too high on our horse shall we. Need we recall who one of the last people to know that the Rockets had a vacancy at the head coach level was?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I can't and won't release team information until the team is ready to announce decisions publicly. That is grounds for ones services to no longer be required, and that's certainly not something I want to have happen.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

You are so full of yourself that its actually humerous. Smh
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm glad I could add some humour to your day.

But you guys need to find a new argument because I've heard them all before and they're getting old. Come up with something new, will ya?
Queen of the GOJHL

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

RocketGirl wrote:I can't and won't release team information until the team is ready to announce decisions publicly. That is grounds for ones services to no longer be required, and that's certainly not something I want to have happen.
You can't release information that you do not have. As we noticed with the Riggin resignation, waiting for the current GM to get around to admitting to information available from other sources does make it news, just a confirmation that he is now aware of it.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

St Marys is looking for a new coach, again.

Just saw this posted on Twitter from Jason Glover.

Want to thank @stmlincolns for a great last year. Kids & organization are all class! However, I'm resigning as HC. Best of luck moving on.
Queen of the GOJHL

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

RocketGirl wrote:St Marys is looking for a new coach, again.

Just saw this posted on Twitter from Jason Glover.

Want to thank @stmlincolns for a great last year. Kids & organization are all class! However, I'm resigning as HC. Best of luck moving on.
Interestingly enough his son has been skating in Strathroy recently, and coincidentally they are in the market for a head coach.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Let's see....Jason Glover played for the Strathroy Blades from 1988-1993. Present Rocket GM Mike Bondy was a Strathroy Blade from 1989-1993. Mmmn. I still don't see a connection.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

ILuvHackey wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:Yes, I've been waiting for the announcement(s) on what vets we, there's that word again, have re-signed. The easiest way to lock them up for the season, and make sure the OJHL doesn't get them, is to sign them early. Plus, it gets fans excited to see their favourite guys back for another season.
Lol once again the "we" word your saying for a team that's embarrassed to have you around for things you say on here and do from what I've been told :shock: lol. Anyways who's the new coach ? Since your so up to date on your team and no everything what's going on :? Lol. "We" would love to know who the new coach is since they have already signed him.
Lol I like that one Internet tough guy good one haha
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote:I can't and won't release team information until the team is ready to announce decisions publicly. That is grounds for ones services to no longer be required, and that's certainly not something I want to have happen.
Lol what services are those? I've asked you before are you involved with the team and that's a legit question is it not? I only make the WE comments because I've asked you before if your involved with the team at all and never really answered me so now is your chance I guess? What do you do for the rockets if you were to release so called information you get and then they release you of your services what services are those? Just a question that's all.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Marcie wrote:Let's see....Jason Glover played for the Strathroy Blades from 1988-1993. Present Rocket GM Mike Bondy was a Strathroy Blade from 1989-1993. Mmmn. I still don't see a connection.
I'm sure you know how to use hockey DB also if you search Bondy or Glover it goes further then the blades also... Hmmmm something just might happen here :shock:
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Oglethorp wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:I'm not afraid of Billy. I take what he says with a grain of salt.

Lets not get too high on our horse shall we. Need we recall who one of the last people to know that the Rockets had a vacancy at the head coach level was?
Hell I wouldn't be afraid of me either lol... It's all fun on here until ppl take things to far. What you do for the league is great I'm not going to lie your blogs in the blue line and your up to date stats on Twitter and how loyal you are to your team there's no doubt best fan in the league. Not on here to start any crap or anything like that I don't think there's anybody on here that cares as much about the Gojhl as much as you. So if I have offended you in anyway I will apologize keep doing what your doing keeping everybody up to date with the league... Just ton the WE down haha.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm a volunteer, I do whatever it is they ask me to do, what more do you need to know? But I've had many jobs over the years. I worked the front door, I did stats during the games, I've helped with the golf tournament, I've done player profiles, I published the Rocket Rumours for a season or two, I designed and maintained the first ever Rockets website, I've done fundraising, I wrote articles for the program, I was backup Pointstreak for a season or two, I was a chauffeur, I've done social media stuff. I'm sure there's more, I just can't remember them all, but I do whatever they ask me to do.

I may not be a player, coach, management, staff or on the Board of Directors, but I'm as much a part of the team as any of them, and I will say we or us or our whenever or however much I want.
Queen of the GOJHL

ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Fans say "we" too. I see literally zero issue with this we thing.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

OFFICIAL: The Stars have signed goaltender Andrew Couling for the upcoming 2016/17 season
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm a volunteer, I do whatever it is they ask me to do, what more do you need to know? But I've had many jobs over the years. I worked the front door, I did stats during the games, I've helped with the golf tournament, I've done player profiles, I published the Rocket Rumours for a season or two, I designed and maintained the first ever Rockets website, I've done fundraising, I wrote articles for the program, I was backup Pointstreak for a season or two, I was a chauffeur, I've done social media stuff. I'm sure there's more, I just can't remember them all, but I do whatever they ask me to do.

I may not be a player, coach, management, staff or on the Board of Directors, but I'm as much a part of the team as any of them, and I will say we or us or our whenever or however much I want.
Ok fair enough you have done the jobs that nobody else wants to do props for that. Heard a nice little rumor though about the rockets will probably be this week sometime. Best of luck this year in strath I think you guys might need it. Mr president promised a Sutherland cup there don't see that happening soon
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

lets change the topic from the RG drama

LAMBTON SHORES NEWS:

Preds Announce Several Player Signings

The Lambton Shores Predators would like to invite all media to a press conference on Thursday, June 23, where the team will officially sign 12 players for the upcoming season.

New additions to the hockey club include Noah Lambe, Wes Dobbin, Jake Desando, Alex Cunningham, Max Grifieon, Nathaniel Schwartz, Drew Samson and Garrett Wojcicki.

The Predators would also like to welcome back leading scoring Ethan Sarfati, as well as Vaughn Treppa, Marcel Berube and Andrew Kim, who are all returning to the hockey club.

The signing ceremony will bet at 6p.m. Thursday, June 23, at the Shores Recreation Centre in Forest,Ontario.

The hockey club will also introduce the coaching staff for the 2016-2017 season, which will be led by former NHLer Brian Dobbin.

Via The Preds Facebook
End of a era in Leamington
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

OFFICIAL: The Stars are pleased to announce the signing of St. Thomas native Tim Fallowfield (D).
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:lets change the topic from the RG drama

LAMBTON SHORES NEWS:

The Lambton Shores Predators would like to invite all media to a press conference on Thursday, June 23, where the team will officially sign 12 players for the upcoming season.

New additions to the hockey club include Noah Lambe, Wes Dobbin, Jake Desando, Alex Cunningham, Max Grifieon, Nathaniel Schwartz, Drew Samson and Garrett Wojcicki.

The Predators would also like to welcome back leading scoring Ethan Sarfati, as well as Vaughn Treppa, Marcel Berube and Andrew Kim, who are all returning to the hockey club.

The signing ceremony will bet at 6p.m. Thursday, June 23, at the Shores Recreation Centre in Forest,Ontario.

The hockey club will also introduce the coaching staff for the 2016-2017 season, which will be led by former NHLer Brian Dobbin.

Via The Preds Facebook
Good to see them retaining top players & signing others early. But they have a history of having great players, Brothers, Arseneault, Ferguson, etc. So finding the talent isn't really where they are lacking, it's the leadership that seems to be missing in Lambton Shores. And that's a shame, because the right leadership would have them contending instead of selling their 20 year olds at the deadline.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:
flyers2011 wrote:lets change the topic from the RG drama

LAMBTON SHORES NEWS:

Via The Preds Facebook
Good to see them retaining top players & signing others early. But they have a history of having great players, Brothers, Arseneault, Ferguson, etc. So finding the talent isn't really where they are lacking, it's the leadership that seems to be missing in Lambton Shores. And that's a shame, because the right leadership would have them contending instead of selling their 20 year olds at the deadline.
100% true makes you wonder also why Dobbin would return to coaching also. I seen they signed his son hmmmm interesting never seen his son play though. Has anybody else? Will be the same in Strathroy with Glover also anybody seen his son play? There's a good old debate is it not? Fathers coaching sons in Jr good or bad? In my opinion of the kid is good enough and doesn't get favoured and the father is a good coach and knows what he's doing then why not. Any other thoughts ?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The Strathroy Rockets are pleased to announce the re-signing of forwards Max Ewart, Jeff Williams and Matthew Stevens as well as defenceman Dalton Good and Evan Hogg.

More announcements to follow in the coming week!
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Haven't heard to much out of Chatham this off season any news yet ? Same as leamington anything ?
DETGHOJHLFAN

Post by DETGHOJHLFAN »

any idea where Austin Bottrell from Niagara Falls will be playing for the upcoming season I have red he may move up as well as Thomas Flack ?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

BillyTheKid wrote:Haven't heard to much out of Chatham this off season any news yet ? Same as leamington anything ?
REGARDING LEAMINGTON....

@GOJHLRumors2 2h2 hours ago
@LeamFlyers sign Dallas Maurovic(F 99' 6'0 Detroit, MI) who played WIndsor Spitfires Midget last yr adding 10G,16A for 26PTS in 30GP

‏@GOJHLRumors2 2h2 hours ago
@LeamFlyers sign Sylvano Valente(D 99' 5'10 Tecumseh, ON) who added 4G,9A in 32GP with Windsor Jr.Spitfires Midget

@LeamFlyers sign Blake Bain(F 99' 5'8 Belle River, ON) who had 13G,22A for 35PTS with the WIndsor Spitfires Midget program

@LeamFlyers sign Griffin Robinson(F 99' 5'10 Harrow, ON) who put up 21G,24A for 45PTS in 32GP with the WIndsor Spitfires midget program

@LeamFlyers sign Jaydon Fetter(D 99' 5'11 Windsor, ON) who had 6G,26A for 32PTS in 31GP with the Windsor Spitfires Midget program

I havea buddy who scouts for a Midwest team. Told me Robinson is gonna be a heck of a Jr. B player.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Marcie wrote:The Strathroy Rockets are pleased to announce the re-signing of forwards Max Ewart, Jeff Williams and Matthew Stevens as well as defenceman Dalton Good and Evan Hogg.

More announcements to follow in the coming week!
Who is coaching the team might be a announcement to make soon one would think. It's nice to see that the current GM has re- signed 5 players that he already had rights to, Ewart being the only newsworthy announcement as he would have choices available to him. The new coach could still be a deal breaker. Although the Rockets have stated a commitment to going with young coaching, don't be surprised to see a parent coach appointed. Granted it won't be as bad as Bondzo putting himself behind the bench again. That is a mistake the board of directors can't allow to happen.
Last edited by Oglethorp on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

So what's going on with Chatham? Have they resigned any of their veterans? All I've seen is several solid young players leaving for other leagues... Any positives to report?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Both Riggin and Roeszler proved to be good young and upcoming coaches. It is a loss for the league to see them both leave so soon. What we are seeing in Chatham is the difference coaching selection can make. Chatham has lost a minimum of 4 impact players to date, anyone not thinking that coaching factored into the decisions would be sadly mistaken. St Marys and Strathroy should be taking note of this as it could happen elsewhere.