CALEDONIA CORVAIRS WIN 3RD STRAIGHT SUTHERLAND CUP, LAND IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

CALEDONIA CORVAIRS WIN 3RD STRAIGHT SUTHERLAND CUP, LAND IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!

Post by Port hockey1 »

3-peat!!!! The Caledonia Corvairs have made league history, capturing their 3rd straight Sutherland Cup!!!! OT win to seal the deal!!!

Well done boys, ignore the haters, you've dedicated countless hours & have earned this! Enjoy!!! :smt003 :smt004 :smt035 :smt034 :smt114

Note to Mods:

This is the Ontario Jr.B Forum, not the Western forum. So anything that concerns the entire GOJHL belongs on this board, if I'm not mistaking. :D
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: CALEDONIA CORVAIRS WIN 3RD STRAIGHT SUTHERLAND CUP, LAND IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blake Luscombe scored a goal to remember!!!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Re: CALEDONIA CORVAIRS WIN 3RD STRAIGHT SUTHERLAND CUP, LAND IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!

Post by Marcie »

Congrats to the Corvairs on their historic third straight cup win. They are clearly the class of the league. I always felt that Stratford would be the first to win 3 in a row. Much like the Dave Torrie years in Chatham, the Corvairs have raised the bar considerably. It is time for the rest of the league to get better or get left behind. We are indebted. The choice is ours. Special congrats to former Rocket Davis Brown.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Congrats on the Sutherland cup better game tonight I though the three previous games would be like that.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Being the first team to ever win 3 straight Sutherland Cups, I thought everyone from Caledonia deserves a shout out on here for a job well done!

Congrats to:

Forwards:

Corey Pawley(1)
Matthew Hore
Mitchell Fitzmorris(2)
Blake Luscombe(3)
Tyler Hill
Quentin Maksimovich
Matt McCartney
Daniel Volpe
Tait Seguin
Jake Brown
Davis Brown
Ryan Punkari
Bailey Fletcher
Mitch Graham
Matt Rimac

Defensemen:

Jordan Brown(3)
Austin Brown
Chadd Bauman(T-1)
Todd Ratchford(T-1)
Ryan Moran
Nick Zottl
Jacob Bianchi
Jonathon Schaefer

Goalies:

Mark Sinclair(1)
Stephen Tierney
Liam Conway

Coaches:

Head Coach- Mike "Bully" Bullard
Asst. Coach- Joe Vanni
Asst. Coach- Jim Vanni
Asst. Coach- Jeff Hoppe

General Manager:

Brian Rizzetto

Trainer:

Ray McColeman

Equipment Manager, & Caledonia's Biggest Fan On The Bench:

Brendan Painter

A huge shout out to everyone else that I missed, everyone played key roles in making this season possible!!!

3 Straight, And 20-0 In The Process!!!
8) 8) :smt023 :smt023 :smt025 :smt033 :smt075 :smt029

Note:

I put 1, 2, 3, in front of who I personally believe were Caledonia's top players at each position this post season.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Congratulations to Caledonia on winning the Sutherland Cup for the 3rd straight season.

This is my season review.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/2015-16 ... on-review/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
whistle blower 123

Post by whistle blower 123 »

What a game! The Nationals came to play and made it worth the $ to watch. Congrats to The Vairs #3 was even sweeter than #1 and #2. 20-0 play off run! Great Hockey and can't wait till next year to see the development of a whole new group.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Congratulations to the ProFit Corvairs. Sutherland champs 3rd in a row 20-0 in the playoffs.
Thanks for all the fantastic hockey I have seen for the last four years. Can't wait to next year.
Congrats to Todd Ratchford - 3 years, Blake Luscombe - 4 years, Ryan Moran - 4 years, Scott Dorion - 3 years, Matthew Hore - 2 years,and Laim Conway - 3 years. The years in the GOJHL and all played in Caledonia. Some longer than others but once a Corvair always a Corvair.

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/65257 ... rland-cup/
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

RocketGirl wrote:Congratulations to Caledonia on winning the Sutherland Cup for the 3rd straight season.

Great article Rocket Girl! Due to prior commitments I was unable to attend as many games this year as I would have liked and would love the opportunity to meet you and some of the other posters on here at the rink and put a face to the name. We may have different opinions from time to time but at the end of the day they are just that.........opinions. The key is to not let things get personal as difficult as that may be for some.
Next, congratulations to the Caledonia Corvairs on their third consecutive title. I may not approve of how it was won but it was accomplished within the rules. Again.....only my personal opinion. Nothing against Caledonia in general terms as I would feel the same toward any centre stacking a team as such.
Everyone have a safe and great summer and let's get back to it in September!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I love meeting people, so any time you want to meet and chat, you let me know. We may have differences of opinions on a few things, I have a difference of opinion on a lot of different things with a lot of different people, but that's what makes the world go round, and doesn't mean we can't be friends.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

I echo CF's special congrats to the multi-year Corvair players and guys who spent their entire career in the GO. Was impressed during the series by their skill and thought in several cases they outshone the late edition OHL overagers. There's no question that this club challenges other teams to raise the level of their play or be humiliated. Still don't agree with the tactics used by management to get there, and stand by everything critical I've posted over the season on this forum. We simply have different philosophies on what the GO is all about. But I do extend my sincere congratulations to all the graduating players and wish them well that their experience this season serves as a stepping stone to semi-pro or CIS. They certainly have the talent.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Congratulations to Caledonia on winning the Sutherland Cup for the 3rd straight season.

Very well written, hope you have a great Summer! :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I love meeting people, so any time you want to meet and chat, you let me know. We may have differences of opinions on a few things, I have a difference of opinion on a lot of different things with a lot of different people, but that's what makes the world go round, and doesn't mean we can't be friends.
We actually talked very briefly in Port Colborne when Strathroy was in town a few years ago. I always remembered that game, because it was the first time I had seen a table set up to film the game by a visitor in the regular season. I was also told that you knew everything about the league.

That got me looking at Strathroy's history and made me into a bit of a supporter. :)
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

In that case we likely spoke too. I was the fellow filming the game. We were treated like Kings in Port. Everyone was so accommodating, helpful and nice. You were so proud to host a Showcase Game. We played there twice. It was great both times. It is lovely rink full of tradition and history. It was so nice to see that 1943 Sutherland Cup banner and your trophy cases. I kept calling them the "Sailors" during the radio broadcasts instead of "Pirates". Perhaps they will get a chance to resurface in the future. I grew up in St. Catharines and it doesn't seem right that they don't have a team anymore.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:In that case we likely spoke too. I was the fellow filming the game. We were treated like Kings in Port. Everyone was so accommodating, helpful and nice. You were so proud to host a Showcase Game. We played there twice. It was great both times. It is lovely rink full of tradition and history. It was so nice to see that 1943 Sutherland Cup banner and your trophy cases. I kept calling them the "Sailors" during the radio broadcasts instead of "Pirates". Perhaps they will get a chance to resurface in the future. I grew up in St. Catharines and it doesn't seem right that they don't have a team anymore.
I'll always remember them as the Sailors. Thanks for the kind words, I miss the old barn.(been shutdown).

It does feel odd not having Jr.B in town anymore. But Welland's just up the road. :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The only thing I remember about that game was the long drive, because there was an accident on the 403 around Brantford that detained me, although I still made it to the game on time.

That was the 4th game I'd been to at Port Colborne Arena. The first 2 were in early 2005.
Queen of the GOJHL