SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

fanofgame

Re: SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Post by fanofgame »

Sunnydays wrote:Lol you people crack me up. Caledonia could literally forfeit a game or something and you would still find an issue with how the game went... When you're as good as we are you get used to hearing the sh** come out of others mouths, haters are going to hate no matter what happens, we win 9-3 we get chirped for being too good, we only win 2-1 or 1-0 and we get chirped for not being good enough. When people have a hatred for something they only see the bad you can't do any right. As for that cpt guy.... Are you sure you were watching the right game?? In what world was Seguin knocked out... Must have had that flag in front of your face for that one

#dontpokethecorvair

consider your team the Yankee's of the GOJHL, Those who BUY a championship are not as loved by the world as those who EARN a championship.
So the Linesman waving over to the trainer was not an indication that something was wrong with him? I guess he was just saying HI LOL
BillyTheKid

Re: SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Post by BillyTheKid »

Sunnydays wrote:Lol you people crack me up. Caledonia could literally forfeit a game or something and you would still find an issue with how the game went... When you're as good as we are you get used to hearing the sh** come out of others mouths, haters are going to hate no matter what happens, we win 9-3 we get chirped for being too good, we only win 2-1 or 1-0 and we get chirped for not being good enough. When people have a hatred for something they only see the bad you can't do any right. As for that cpt guy.... Are you sure you were watching the right game?? In what world was Seguin knocked out... Must have had that flag in front of your face for that one
Now there trainer posting on here to lol gotta love it

#dontpokethecorvair
Jean Ratchford

Post by Jean Ratchford »

I don't give a sh** if they were chirping each other the whole damn game or not Seguin was sucker punched end of story. I hate fighting but if it's gonna happen square up like a real player . So all the hours of practice and all the games home and away , the never ending team work outs at the gym are creditied to every other team than Caledonia.... That's a double standard if I ever heard one !They have earned it and will continue to do so.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Jean Ratchford wrote:I don't give a sh** if they were chirping each other the whole damn game or not Seguin was sucker punched end of story. I hate fighting but if it's gonna happen square up like a real player . So all the hours of practice and all the games home and away , the never ending team work outs at the gym are creditied to every other team than Caledonia.... That's a double standard if I ever heard one !They have earned it and will continue to do so.
Just watch the replay of the game on Cable 14. It wasn't listed but I check and it was on. Your right Seguin was sucker punched the TV instant replay shows it.
You can watch progamming on
Rogers 214
Cogeco 814
Source Cable 714

Or visit cable 14 online at www cable14now.com
Jean Ratchford

Post by Jean Ratchford »

I did when I got home last night and it was blatant...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GoWest wrote:Port, you really do need to lay off the ganja, you're delusional.

To try and say there's ever any reason for that lack of class is just stupid.

There's no doubt that Caledonia is going to win this series, probably 4 straight, but let's show a little integrity in doing so.
The ganja is very calming, actually... So perhaps you need some new material. As for integrity... Those who are constantly bashing Caledonia don't have any integrity, so don't be surprised to see me gloating & rubbing it in. :wink:
ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:If that's how you respond to facts, your opinion isn't really that valid. The list of players is on another thread. Find a team that's developed more than them. Otherwise, back to your childish ways of deflecting the conversation. :smt023
Except there are NO Facts that you put. Half the time your numbers are wrong, and you've never compared Caledonia vs anyone else.

As a Midwest fan, I can tell you right now that Kitchener and Waterloo have some of the best records at developing players - including Tanner Pearson, Adam Scheifele, Kyle Soper, Kyle Platzer, Justin Auger, Nic Hauge, Chase Campbell, Mike Hoffman and more.

So once again, go screw yourself and your deluded sense of bravado
Buddy... Go sit on a tack. Caledonia has developed a long list of players is the point here. Keep spewing your personal insults, little one. :smt005
Cali vairs! wrote:You want a list here's some people.
PurdIe, bramwell, mcenemy, Murphy, montour, lepore, thiverge, ratchford, blunt, etc.
in the process with: Schaefer, fletcher, evangelista, Gunter, bianchi, rimac and even more.
If you don't see any development in this program then your only a pointstreak watcher. Cali puts their young kids in hagersville to let them get better then pulls them up when their ready. They are one of the better at developing just under the radar. Not saying their the best at it but many people don't look at what they are internally doing
You're bringing facts to this conversation, you're ruining everyone's fun of piling on Caledonia with their false statements. :wink:
Caledonia Fan wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:If that's how you respond to facts, your opinion isn't really that valid. The list of players is on another thread. Find a team that's developed more than them. Otherwise, back to your childish ways of deflecting the conversation. :smt023
Except there are NO Facts that you put. Half the time your numbers are wrong, and you've never compared Caledonia vs anyone else.

As a Midwest fan, I can tell you right now that Kitchener and Waterloo have some of the best records at developing players - including Tanner Pearson, Adam Scheifele, Kyle Soper, Kyle Platzer, Justin Auger, Nic Hauge, Chase Campbell, Mike Hoffman and more.

How long has Kitchener and Waterloo been in JR-B hockey. Caledonia been back in JR-B hockey for four years. Here's your list

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
(Regular season | Postseason)

Current stats for players that have previously played for Caledonia Corvairs

NAMESort this column BORNSort this column TEAMSort this column LEAGUESort this column GPSort this column GSort this column ASort this column TPSort this column PIMSort this column

Justin Abraham (D) 1994-03-17 Halton Ravens GMHL 33 15 49 64 99
Jacob Erwin (F) 1995-04-29 Iroquois Falls Eskimos NOJHL 54 26 34 60 24
Jeff Malott (F) 1996-08-07 Brooks Bandits AJHL 46 25 35 60 70
Jordan Peacock (F) 1995-03-30 Burlington Cougars OJHL 52 29 29 58 121
Nathan Gomes (F) 1996-09-23 Burlington Cougars OJHL 52 20 38 58 56
Brandon Montour (D) 1994-04-11 San Diego Gulls AHL 68 12 45 57 42
Mitch Green (F) 1994-00-00 Hagersville Hawks NDJCHL 37 28 25 53 32
Cosimo Fontana (RW) 1994-09-08 Varese Killer Bees Switzerland5 18 38 12 50 28
Justin Graham (F) 1996-02-29 Stratford Cullitons GOJHL 48 17 33 50 76
Zach Van Louwe (C) 1995-05-01 Stratford Cullitons GOJHL 48 18 27 45 79

Fabrizio Ricci (LW) 1995-01-08 Baie-Comeau Drakkar QMJHL 66 19 24 43 76
Brooker Muir (F) 1994-05-31 Niagara Whalers GMHL 26 11 25 36 58
Mathieu Henderson (D) 1996-01-07 Flint Firebirds OHL 68 10 26 36 31
Cameron McConnell (LW) 1997-04-10 Dundas Blues NDJCHL 38 15 20 35 68
Zach Maciel (F) 1995-03-05 Amherstview Jets EBJCHL 36 22 11 33 11
Anton Trublin (C) 1997-02-09 Thorold Blackhawks GOJHL 42 13 19 32 18
Luke Sinclair (F) 1994-06-07 Halton Ravens * GMHL 17 9 17 26 8
Kyler Nixon (D) 1993-04-01 Durham Thundercats WOAA 18 12 12 24 8
Adam Brady (C) 1995-08-06 Lincoln Stars USHL 27 9 15 24 21
Connor Murphy (C) 1996-04-02 Green Bay Gamblers USHL 53 11 12 23 22

Jayme Forslund (D) 1995-04-23 Rayside-Balfour Canadians NOJHL 38 8 14 22 52
Brandon Kolaski (D) 1996-07-09 Glanbrook Rangers NDJCHL 26 4 16 20 47
Nathan Ferris (D) 1995-06-03 Welland Jr. Canadians GOJHL 31 11 8 19 44
Connor Bramwell (F) 1997-09-04 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada QMJHL 45 7 12 19 27
Matthew Schwehr (LW) 1992-08-27 Adrian College |ACHA I| ACHA 26 6 8 14 6
Matt Quilty (C) 1993-03-04 SUNY-Plattsburgh NCAA III 22 5 6 11 0
Austin McEneny (D) 1997-04-10 Québec Remparts QMJHL 48 2 9 11 18
Tyler Lepore (F) 1994-05-24 Morrisville State College NCAA III 23 6 3 9 18
Cody Brown (RW) 1993-06-20 Univ. of Western Ontario CIS 10 5 4 9 2
Clayton Millard (F) 1995-00-00 Hagersville Hawks NDJCHL 36 2 7 9 198

Greg Christmas (D) 1995-02-22 Thorold Blackhawks GOJHL 47 1 8 9 40
Nate Mitton (F) 1992-07-27 Univ. of Ontario Inst. of Tech. CIS 26 2 6 8 12
Daniel Pugliese (F/D) 1996-03-14 Thorold Blackhawks GOJHL 31 2 6 8 134
Mitch Purdie (RW) 1994-02-25 Worcester State Univ. NCAA III 25 2 4 6 18
Erick Delaurentis (RW) 1994-07-09 Ryerson Univ. CIS 13 1 5 6 8
Luke Sinclair (F) 1994-06-07 Söderhamn/Ljusne Division 2 9 1 4 5 10
Spencer Gourlay (F) 1993-06-23 SUNY-Cortland NCAA III 11 2 2 4 32
Chance MacDonald (D) 1995-04-30 Gananoque Islanders * EBJCHL 3 0 4 4 24
Nathan Ferris (D) 1995-06-03 St. Thomas Stars GOJHL 14 0 4 4 22
Cosmo Amore (LW) 1996-06-24 Thorold Blackhawks * GOJHL 17 1 2 3 6

Connor Murphy (C) 1996-04-02 Chicago Steel * JCWC 5 0 2 2 4
Brad Hornby (D) 1992-10-27 Tillsonburg Thunder WOAA 7 0 2 2 42
Nicholas McMullen (D/F) 1993-02-25 Hamilton Steelhawks |Sr.| ACH 9 0 2 2 0
Connor Murphy (C) 1996-04-02 Chicago Steel * USHL 5 1 0 1 4
Jake McLay (D) 1993-07-02 Shallow Lake Crushers WOAA 22 0 1 1 59
Luke Sinclair (F) 1994-06-07 Hofors HC Division 2 0 0 0 0 0
Jayme Forslund (D) 1995-04-23 Laurentian Univ. * CIS 1 0 0 0 0

NAMESort this column BORNSort this column TEAMSort this column LEAGUESort this column GPSort this column GAASort this column SVS%Sort this column

Marcus DelConte (G) 1993-01-29 Stoney Creek Generals ACH 0 - -
Ian Sylves (G) 1994-05-23 Buffalo State College NCAA III 3 0.67 .981
Kevin Entmaa (G) 1994-05-09 Adrian College NCAA III 17 2.12 .926
Colin Furlong (G) 1993-03-24 Wilfrid Laurier Univ. CIS 16 2.79 .921
Brendan Polasek (G) 1994-11-10 Halton Ravens GMHL 23 3.71 .888
Horia Lucaciu (G) 1997-03-14 Tavistock Braves MWJCHL 6 3.07 .884
* = No longer on active roster

Abraham sign pro contact Sweden Div2
Peacock comments to Rit Tiger Hockey NCAA
Thank you, the dimwit hurling insults at me might wan't to give it a read. :smt004
cpt obvious wrote:Lest we forget that Stratford beat up on the Nats 7-3 only to be beat down the very next game 7-4...The score means absolutely nothing in playoffs, they won game one.. could be 20-0 or 4-3 ot, a wins a win and a loss is a loss, every hockey player knows this.
I like the article written by Ron? a couple of posts up, "assists were added after the fact..two assists added after the original unassisted call" This is a guy that sees the stats for what they are..skewed, skewed , skewed.
I did make the trip to the game last night(where the hell are the fans?) and will admit the covairs are a very talented team but the Nats at times took the play to them and thats the fact. The Nats goalie didn't have his best game in net either I can say that from watching this team a dozen times this year. I'm sure he will be focused from this point on if history teaches us anything.
As much as I am a western conference supporter...I will say this guys, the Nats will have to play their very best with hopes of a bounce here and there to win this series.
p.s I thought the covairs were going to be a tougher team because of their pims this year, it looked to me that 77 was enticing 21 on the way up ice but quickly decided against it when 21 tossed his gloves off, the result was a one punch ko. 77 looked quite wobbly afterwards but the training staff obviously isnt educated in concussions because he came out 5 mins later. Not with as much bravado mind you. I was happy to see the Nats at least played with an edge, I havent seen that much so far in these playoffs.
Port come into London on Saturday and I'll buy you a drink. Should be 1000+ fans there.
The only time London was able to skate with Caledonia was up until Caledonia found their legs. Every team in the league adds phantom points, nothing new there. And 77 used to be a grinder in the OHL, he was being smart... And it paid off with a 9 minute power play. If you really think it was only one game... You'll be in for a rude awakening my friend.

Cali vairs! wrote:Haha. Hughes is a good goalie but terrible 5 hole and bad high glove. Also don't compare Cali to Stratford. Cali is one of the most consistent teams I've seen. Segs was laughing after he got hit. Regular season Harris would've got laid the f**k out. Message was pretty clear by bully. Don't do anything stupid! Apparently the nats didn't get the same message. They clean up the penalties, actually skate for the whole game, and Hughes fixes his problems. Could be a decent series.
Well stated! :wink:
cpt obvious wrote:
Cali vairs! wrote:Haha. Hughes is a good goalie but terrible 5 hole and bad high glove. Also don't compare Cali to Stratford. Cali is one of the most consistent teams I've seen. Segs was laughing after he got hit. Regular season Harris would've got laid the f**k out. Message was pretty clear by bully. Don't do anything stupid! Apparently the nats didn't get the same message. They clean up the penalties, actually skate for the whole game, and Hughes fixes his problems. Could be a decent series.
I was standing in that end when it happened "segs" wasnt laughing he was knocked out, fell down when he tried to get back up, teamates had to help him up...call a spade a spade. And 21 for Nats is a killer, regular season or playoffs. Your "segs" wouldnt stand a chance..guaranteed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He was fine talking to the ref directly after the incident. :roll:

cpt obvious wrote:
Cali vairs! wrote:I think Hughes was so good against other teams because he doesn't get shots from in close with bigger defence in front of him. Cali cycles the puck and breaks down the defence. Resulting in shots in close where they can pick apart a goalie. Gonna be a tough series for London defenders. I also think Goldilocks got 3 games
Nats goalie had an 'off night'..covairs did nothing any other team doesnt do.. thats ridiculous to say no other team gets shots from in close...smoke another one
I highly doubt anyone would share that view, London fans included...

GojhlFan74 wrote:Bully gave our team the red light for any sh**, it was 5-1 we didn't need a fight. You don't think it was hard for segs not to fight? He told Harris he would at the end of the 2nd, then opening face off of the 3rd Harris asked and segs said no.. If you were actually at the game you probably could of heard bully yelling "SEGS NO" then segs hit him behind the net and Harris grabbed him dropped his gloves and threw 1 punch, Seguin completely goated him into a 9 minute Pim, and 3 game suspension.. Completely killing any hope for a 3rd period comeback.. Talk about a real leader.. And if you think segs was actually even hurt by that, we might have to change your name to cpt oblivious.
Yup, pretty much summed it perfectly. :)
BillyTheKid wrote:
GojhlFan74 wrote:Bully gave our team the red light for any sh**, it was 5-1 we didn't need a fight. You don't think it was hard for segs not to fight? He told Harris he would at the end of the 2nd, then opening face off of the 3rd Harris asked and segs said no.. If you were actually at the game you probably could of heard bully yelling "SEGS NO" then segs hit him behind the net and Harris grabbed him dropped his gloves and threw 1 punch, Seguin completely goated him into a 9 minute Pim, and 3 game suspension.. Completely killing any hope for a 3rd period comeback.. Talk about a real leader.. And if you think segs was actually even hurt by that, we might have to change your name to cpt oblivious.
Lol an equipment manager posting on the fourm gotta love it...
Nothing wrong with that, he even put his name down! If you think he's the highest ranking person who posts here, you have absolutely no clue. :lol:

fanofgame wrote:First of all Seguin did what Seguin always does he goads people in and unless they are 15yrs old he has his gloves sewn on. Countless times I have seen him do this to guys and sadly Harris fell for it hook line and sinker. The one sided reffing was pretty evident right from the Dorion Roughing call. How a guy gets tripped then cross checked in the face and is called for roughing all the while not touching the other guy is way beyond me. Cali's game is run you down and take as many cheap shots as they can get away with, when someone stands up to them they turtle like the girl scouts they truly are.
You're saying an ex-London Knights grinder is afraid to fight... :lol: :smt030 :smt030
Cali vairs! wrote:Seguin only beats up 15 year olds? Please provide an example because I've seen him fight a lot of people this year and none have been 15 that I remember? Cheap shots? That was all London last night. All they did was take penalties. The Dorian penalty was because he started it and then got decked. I still disagree with the call. Refs weren't biased at all. What other penalty was called that wasn't deserved either way? Cali turtles? Hahaha obviously that was your first game seeing them. Should've seen a game against niagra falls. We had like 4 fights and we never backed down. You want a fight in the suthy final. Are you stupid? At this point there shouldn't be any of that. All about whos the better team. And tonight it was easily Cali. :smt006
Couldn't have said it any better.
fanofgame wrote:I am not saying there should be a fight what I am saying is when Seguin is asking Harris to go all the way down the ice then he and I believe it was Pawley are on Harris at the end boards chripping goading doing what they do best, yes he wussed out as usual. I won't deny a smart play for sure. It cost London one of its better D and I have no doubts they will set thier sites on another strong D on Saturday. I have seen Cali play before and I have seen the head checks they throw and get away with. Tell me please how Dorion started that incident? he was tripped he was cross checked in the face....
Hill & Pawley were ran all night, give me a break!
Jean Ratchford wrote:I don't give a sh** if they were chirping each other the whole damn game or not Seguin was sucker punched end of story. I hate fighting but if it's gonna happen square up like a real player . So all the hours of practice and all the games home and away , the never ending team work outs at the gym are creditied to every other team than Caledonia.... That's a double standard if I ever heard one !They have earned it and will continue to do so.
Very well said!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GoWest wrote:Port, you really do need to lay off the ganja, you're delusional.

To try and say there's ever any reason for that lack of class is just stupid.

There's no doubt that Caledonia is going to win this series, probably 4 straight, but let's show a little integrity in doing so.
The ganja is very calming, actually... So perhaps you need some new material. As for integrity... Those who are constantly bashing Caledonia don't have any integrity, so don't be surprised to see me gloating & rubbing it in. :wink:
ILuvHackey wrote:

Buddy... Go sit on a tack. Caledonia has developed a long list of players is the point here. Keep spewing your personal insults, little one. :smt005
Cali vairs! wrote:You want a list here's some people.
PurdIe, bramwell, mcenemy, Murphy, montour, lepore, thiverge, ratchford, blunt, etc.
in the process with: Schaefer, fletcher, evangelista, Gunter, bianchi, rimac and even more.
If you don't see any development in this program then your only a pointstreak watcher. Cali puts their young kids in hagersville to let them get better then pulls them up when their ready. They are one of the better at developing just under the radar. Not saying their the best at it but many people don't look at what they are internally doing
You're bringing facts to this conversation, you're ruining everyone's fun of piling on Caledonia with their false statements. :wink:
Caledonia Fan wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:

How long has Kitchener and Waterloo been in JR-B hockey. Caledonia been back in JR-B hockey for four years. Here's your list

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
(Regular season | Postseason)

Current stats for players that have previously played for Caledonia Corvairs

NAMESort this column BORNSort this column TEAMSort this column LEAGUESort this column GPSort this column GSort this column ASort this column TPSort this column PIMSort this column

Justin Abraham (D) 1994-03-17 Halton Ravens GMHL 33 15 49 64 99
Jacob Erwin (F) 1995-04-29 Iroquois Falls Eskimos NOJHL 54 26 34 60 24
Jeff Malott (F) 1996-08-07 Brooks Bandits AJHL 46 25 35 60 70
Jordan Peacock (F) 1995-03-30 Burlington Cougars OJHL 52 29 29 58 121
Nathan Gomes (F) 1996-09-23 Burlington Cougars OJHL 52 20 38 58 56
Brandon Montour (D) 1994-04-11 San Diego Gulls AHL 68 12 45 57 42
Mitch Green (F) 1994-00-00 Hagersville Hawks NDJCHL 37 28 25 53 32
Cosimo Fontana (RW) 1994-09-08 Varese Killer Bees Switzerland5 18 38 12 50 28
Justin Graham (F) 1996-02-29 Stratford Cullitons GOJHL 48 17 33 50 76
Zach Van Louwe (C) 1995-05-01 Stratford Cullitons GOJHL 48 18 27 45 79

Fabrizio Ricci (LW) 1995-01-08 Baie-Comeau Drakkar QMJHL 66 19 24 43 76
Brooker Muir (F) 1994-05-31 Niagara Whalers GMHL 26 11 25 36 58
Mathieu Henderson (D) 1996-01-07 Flint Firebirds OHL 68 10 26 36 31
Cameron McConnell (LW) 1997-04-10 Dundas Blues NDJCHL 38 15 20 35 68
Zach Maciel (F) 1995-03-05 Amherstview Jets EBJCHL 36 22 11 33 11
Anton Trublin (C) 1997-02-09 Thorold Blackhawks GOJHL 42 13 19 32 18
Luke Sinclair (F) 1994-06-07 Halton Ravens * GMHL 17 9 17 26 8
Kyler Nixon (D) 1993-04-01 Durham Thundercats WOAA 18 12 12 24 8
Adam Brady (C) 1995-08-06 Lincoln Stars USHL 27 9 15 24 21
Connor Murphy (C) 1996-04-02 Green Bay Gamblers USHL 53 11 12 23 22

Jayme Forslund (D) 1995-04-23 Rayside-Balfour Canadians NOJHL 38 8 14 22 52
Brandon Kolaski (D) 1996-07-09 Glanbrook Rangers NDJCHL 26 4 16 20 47
Nathan Ferris (D) 1995-06-03 Welland Jr. Canadians GOJHL 31 11 8 19 44
Connor Bramwell (F) 1997-09-04 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada QMJHL 45 7 12 19 27
Matthew Schwehr (LW) 1992-08-27 Adrian College |ACHA I| ACHA 26 6 8 14 6
Matt Quilty (C) 1993-03-04 SUNY-Plattsburgh NCAA III 22 5 6 11 0
Austin McEneny (D) 1997-04-10 Québec Remparts QMJHL 48 2 9 11 18
Tyler Lepore (F) 1994-05-24 Morrisville State College NCAA III 23 6 3 9 18
Cody Brown (RW) 1993-06-20 Univ. of Western Ontario CIS 10 5 4 9 2
Clayton Millard (F) 1995-00-00 Hagersville Hawks NDJCHL 36 2 7 9 198

Greg Christmas (D) 1995-02-22 Thorold Blackhawks GOJHL 47 1 8 9 40
Nate Mitton (F) 1992-07-27 Univ. of Ontario Inst. of Tech. CIS 26 2 6 8 12
Daniel Pugliese (F/D) 1996-03-14 Thorold Blackhawks GOJHL 31 2 6 8 134
Mitch Purdie (RW) 1994-02-25 Worcester State Univ. NCAA III 25 2 4 6 18
Erick Delaurentis (RW) 1994-07-09 Ryerson Univ. CIS 13 1 5 6 8
Luke Sinclair (F) 1994-06-07 Söderhamn/Ljusne Division 2 9 1 4 5 10
Spencer Gourlay (F) 1993-06-23 SUNY-Cortland NCAA III 11 2 2 4 32
Chance MacDonald (D) 1995-04-30 Gananoque Islanders * EBJCHL 3 0 4 4 24
Nathan Ferris (D) 1995-06-03 St. Thomas Stars GOJHL 14 0 4 4 22
Cosmo Amore (LW) 1996-06-24 Thorold Blackhawks * GOJHL 17 1 2 3 6

Connor Murphy (C) 1996-04-02 Chicago Steel * JCWC 5 0 2 2 4
Brad Hornby (D) 1992-10-27 Tillsonburg Thunder WOAA 7 0 2 2 42
Nicholas McMullen (D/F) 1993-02-25 Hamilton Steelhawks |Sr.| ACH 9 0 2 2 0
Connor Murphy (C) 1996-04-02 Chicago Steel * USHL 5 1 0 1 4
Jake McLay (D) 1993-07-02 Shallow Lake Crushers WOAA 22 0 1 1 59
Luke Sinclair (F) 1994-06-07 Hofors HC Division 2 0 0 0 0 0
Jayme Forslund (D) 1995-04-23 Laurentian Univ. * CIS 1 0 0 0 0

NAMESort this column BORNSort this column TEAMSort this column LEAGUESort this column GPSort this column GAASort this column SVS%Sort this column

Marcus DelConte (G) 1993-01-29 Stoney Creek Generals ACH 0 - -
Ian Sylves (G) 1994-05-23 Buffalo State College NCAA III 3 0.67 .981
Kevin Entmaa (G) 1994-05-09 Adrian College NCAA III 17 2.12 .926
Colin Furlong (G) 1993-03-24 Wilfrid Laurier Univ. CIS 16 2.79 .921
Brendan Polasek (G) 1994-11-10 Halton Ravens GMHL 23 3.71 .888
Horia Lucaciu (G) 1997-03-14 Tavistock Braves MWJCHL 6 3.07 .884
* = No longer on active roster

Abraham sign pro contact Sweden Div2
Peacock comments to Rit Tiger Hockey NCAA
Thank you, the dimwit hurling insults at me might wan't to give it a read. :smt004
cpt obvious wrote:Lest we forget that Stratford beat up on the Nats 7-3 only to be beat down the very next game 7-4...The score means absolutely nothing in playoffs, they won game one.. could be 20-0 or 4-3 ot, a wins a win and a loss is a loss, every hockey player knows this.
I like the article written by Ron? a couple of posts up, "assists were added after the fact..two assists added after the original unassisted call" This is a guy that sees the stats for what they are..skewed, skewed , skewed.
I did make the trip to the game last night(where the hell are the fans?) and will admit the covairs are a very talented team but the Nats at times took the play to them and thats the fact. The Nats goalie didn't have his best game in net either I can say that from watching this team a dozen times this year. I'm sure he will be focused from this point on if history teaches us anything.
As much as I am a western conference supporter...I will say this guys, the Nats will have to play their very best with hopes of a bounce here and there to win this series.
p.s I thought the covairs were going to be a tougher team because of their pims this year, it looked to me that 77 was enticing 21 on the way up ice but quickly decided against it when 21 tossed his gloves off, the result was a one punch ko. 77 looked quite wobbly afterwards but the training staff obviously isnt educated in concussions because he came out 5 mins later. Not with as much bravado mind you. I was happy to see the Nats at least played with an edge, I havent seen that much so far in these playoffs.
Port come into London on Saturday and I'll buy you a drink. Should be 1000+ fans there.
The only time London was able to skate with Caledonia was up until Caledonia found their legs. Every team in the league adds phantom points, nothing new there. And 77 used to be a grinder in the OHL, he was being smart... And it paid off with a 9 minute power play. If you really think it was only one game... You'll be in for a rude awakening my friend.

Well stated! :wink:
cpt obvious wrote:
I was standing in that end when it happened "segs" wasnt laughing he was knocked out, fell down when he tried to get back up, teamates had to help him up...call a spade a spade. And 21 for Nats is a killer, regular season or playoffs. Your "segs" wouldnt stand a chance..guaranteed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He was fine talking to the ref directly after the incident. :roll:

cpt obvious wrote:
Cali vairs! wrote:I think Hughes was so good against other teams because he doesn't get shots from in close with bigger defence in front of him. Cali cycles the puck and breaks down the defence. Resulting in shots in close where they can pick apart a goalie. Gonna be a tough series for London defenders. I also think Goldilocks got 3 games
Nats goalie had an 'off night'..covairs did nothing any other team doesnt do.. thats ridiculous to say no other team gets shots from in close...smoke another one
I highly doubt anyone would share that view, London fans included...

Yup, pretty much summed it perfectly. :)
BillyTheKid wrote:
Lol an equipment manager posting on the fourm gotta love it...
Nothing wrong with that, he even put his name down! If you think he's the highest ranking person who posts here, you have absolutely no clue. :lol:

fanofgame wrote:First of all Seguin did what Seguin always does he goads people in and unless they are 15yrs old he has his gloves sewn on. Countless times I have seen him do this to guys and sadly Harris fell for it hook line and sinker. The one sided reffing was pretty evident right from the Dorion Roughing call. How a guy gets tripped then cross checked in the face and is called for roughing all the while not touching the other guy is way beyond me. Cali's game is run you down and take as many cheap shots as they can get away with, when someone stands up to them they turtle like the girl scouts they truly are.
You're saying an ex-London Knights grinder is afraid to fight... :lol: :smt030 :smt030
Cali vairs! wrote:Seguin only beats up 15 year olds? Please provide an example because I've seen him fight a lot of people this year and none have been 15 that I remember? Cheap shots? That was all London last night. All they did was take penalties. The Dorian penalty was because he started it and then got decked. I still disagree with the call. Refs weren't biased at all. What other penalty was called that wasn't deserved either way? Cali turtles? Hahaha obviously that was your first game seeing them. Should've seen a game against niagra falls. We had like 4 fights and we never backed down. You want a fight in the suthy final. Are you stupid? At this point there shouldn't be any of that. All about whos the better team. And tonight it was easily Cali. :smt006
Couldn't have said it any better.
fanofgame wrote:I am not saying there should be a fight what I am saying is when Seguin is asking Harris to go all the way down the ice then he and I believe it was Pawley are on Harris at the end boards chripping goading doing what they do best, yes he wussed out as usual. I won't deny a smart play for sure. It cost London one of its better D and I have no doubts they will set thier sites on another strong D on Saturday. I have seen Cali play before and I have seen the head checks they throw and get away with. Tell me please how Dorion started that incident? he was tripped he was cross checked in the face....
Hill & Pawley were ran all night, give me a break!
Very well said![/quote
Port are you serious right now? Do you not have anything better to do with your life then this? Lol..... Oh I know he's not the only one from the Vairs that comes on here Rizz and him both out there names on here I can see from reading all your posts you dont why's that ? Dont want to get dusted at the rink ? That's even if you can borrow your moms car to go to the rink. I have no clue lol here we go... Look at the list you put on here for the Vairs... You listed guys that are playing in the GMHL and guys that are playing in the NOJHL that's not developing at all my friend those leagues are a joke you and you bantam house team can beat them. Have they moved players along the way absolutely they have but don't be sitting here writing how the develop players for those joke leagues. Now if you don't think that they bought this team then your a complete donkey. Other then pawley and maybe fitzmorris the rest of them were plugs in the O there going to come down here and be better then the rest bc in the O your on the ice everyday playing with the best JR players in the country. They came to Cali for a pay check no if ands or buts about it and if I was a 20 year old plug in the O I would do the same thing who wouldn't ? Hell there prolly making more money then you and driving hummers around Cali. As for there management trainers and equipment guy posting on here why? What's the point? You think Kyle dubais or how ever you spell it goes on line and writes a blog every time he hears something ? Or reads something ? No he doesn't he just laughs about it I'm sure painter coming on here and running his mouth real professional. Like I've said before they run a fantastic program there no doubt about it no need for them to come on here tho. They don't need you pumping there tires all year long either lol.... Your the biggest joke on this site if RG the queen of the league then your the PRINCESS for how much BS you write you on here. Congrats Cali on another great year look forward to seeing what you will do next year with the new rule changes nothing will change Rizz will have another contender again. Oh and Port or I Mean Princess the Vairs have been around a long time started on the Rez as the golden eagles and I can name the players that developed out of there to but hey I have no clue right? No go google the players I'm talking about and then write about it in your next post PRINCESS
Hattrick73

Post by Hattrick73 »

Whole lot of crazy comments on this last bit of the thread. Wow, even mr writer-guy Ron doesn't get it right, but good analysis none the less. Watch the tape of the game and tell me the corrected stats on the assists added to the "unassisted goals aren't accurate. Clearly 'Ron" and many of you others watched it live, no rewind/replay cuz on Bauman's goal, which was called unassisted, was passed from Zottl from inside the caledonia zone through the air and right into the stride of Bauman who takes it and buries it! Granted, the Hore assist added may have been a stretch...but if you watch the tape, he IS the 2nd last Corvair player to touch the puck.

Enough of that.

On to Seguin's run-in with Harris....i don't see a knock-out by Harris. I see a dodge by seguin which throws him off balance then with very slight contact to the face by Harris as he throws his giant right hook at Seguin, who isnt set to battle, gloves still on. Some call that sucker punch? If anything, maybe a head bump to the ice but we don't see a knock out there. That one's too funny, hahaha. Anyway, Seguin is wise and showed his leadership there to not engage. That's what Caledonia has in their "20 year olds"; smarts and experience. But why don't we bash the KID. Because he sports a beard many 60 yr lumberjacks or Duck Dynasty fans would be jealous of. Doesn't change the fact that this YOUNG man is just another KID playing hockey trying to help his team win a title, but lets hate the KID instead, for being the smart veteran he is.

And the reffing was some of the best 'play-off hockey reffing' Caledonia has seen to date in the post season. It, to me, looked like the refs called some weaker calls here n there both ways, but looked like they let a lot go both ways. In the second period alone i recall at least 4 obvious roughs and trips right in front of their faces but they let em go. Overall as a complete game, i think the reffing was excellent..............like it should be for a playoff game.

Game 2 will tell the tale of the series I think. Will London come back and rise to the occassion on home ice? Will Caledonia have all the rust off and come to play, like they can and should? Will they play like they played in the St. Catherines series, where Caledonia played their best playoff hockey to date and like they showed last night in game 1 after the first 10?

See you in London!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Unread postby BillyTheKid » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Port are you serious right now? Do you not have anything better to do with your life then this? Lol..... Oh I know he's not the only one from the Vairs that comes on here Rizz and him both out there names on here I can see from reading all your posts you dont why's that ? Dont want to get dusted at the rink ? That's even if you can borrow your moms car to go to the rink. I have no clue lol here we go... Look at the list you put on here for the Vairs... You listed guys that are playing in the GMHL and guys that are playing in the NOJHL that's not developing at all my friend those leagues are a joke you and you bantam house team can beat them. Have they moved players along the way absolutely they have but don't be sitting here writing how the develop players for those joke leagues. Now if you don't think that they bought this team then your a complete donkey. Other then pawley and maybe fitzmorris the rest of them were plugs in the O there going to come down here and be better then the rest bc in the O your on the ice everyday playing with the best JR players in the country. They came to Cali for a pay check no if ands or buts about it and if I was a 20 year old plug in the O I would do the same thing who wouldn't ? Hell there prolly making more money then you and driving hummers around Cali. As for there management trainers and equipment guy posting on here why? What's the point? You think Kyle dubais or how ever you spell it goes on line and writes a blog every time he hears something ? Or reads something ? No he doesn't he just laughs about it I'm sure painter coming on here and running his mouth real professional. Like I've said before they run a fantastic program there no doubt about it no need for them to come on here tho. They don't need you pumping there tires all year long either lol.... Your the biggest joke on this site if RG the queen of the league then your the PRINCESS for how much BS you write you on here. Congrats Cali on another great year look forward to seeing what you will do next year with the new rule changes nothing will change Rizz will have another contender again. Oh and Port or I Mean Princess the Vairs have been around a long time started on the Rez as the golden eagles and I can name the players that developed out of there to but hey I have no clue right? No go google the players I'm talking about and then write about it in your next post PRINCESS
If everyone had something better to do with their lives, there would be no Junior hockey. If someone wants to 'dust' me at the rink, they better make it count! I post under this name because I don't need to deal with cowards calling my number & hanging up, or sending me pathetic letters. Believe it or not, I can handle myself! If you have any doubts, do some digging & show up at my door!! :smt024

I didn't list anyone, another passionate fan did, but I guess you missed that :wink:

Maybe you call leagues sending players to higher levels joke leagues... But I see it as great for those who advance. And your OHL comment is flawed. The Falcons brought in several OHL players two years ago and they didn't do anything. The difference is Caledonia gets everything out of their kids!

I'm pretty sure their GM was sick of reading all the garbage when he decided to post. The ironic part is the London super-fan who led to him posting has clammed up after game 1. lol

And as for all the personal garbage you've said about me... I guess me saying it how it is has struck a nerve, buttercup.

And who are you... I've contributed a lot to this forum over the last several years, where have you been? Take a walk!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hattrick73 wrote:Whole lot of crazy comments on this last bit of the thread. Wow, even mr writer-guy Ron doesn't get it right, but good analysis none the less. Watch the tape of the game and tell me the corrected stats on the assists added to the "unassisted goals aren't accurate. Clearly 'Ron" and many of you others watched it live, no rewind/replay cuz on Bauman's goal, which was called unassisted, was passed from Zottl from inside the caledonia zone through the air and right into the stride of Bauman who takes it and buries it! Granted, the Hore assist added may have been a stretch...but if you watch the tape, he IS the 2nd last Corvair player to touch the puck.

Enough of that.

On to Seguin's run-in with Harris....i don't see a knock-out by Harris. I see a dodge by seguin which throws him off balance then with very slight contact to the face by Harris as he throws his giant right hook at Seguin, who isnt set to battle, gloves still on. Some call that sucker punch? If anything, maybe a head bump to the ice but we don't see a knock out there. That one's too funny, hahaha. Anyway, Seguin is wise and showed his leadership there to not engage. That's what Caledonia has in their "20 year olds"; smarts and experience. But why don't we bash the KID. Because he sports a beard many 60 yr lumberjacks or Duck Dynasty fans would be jealous of. Doesn't change the fact that this YOUNG man is just another KID playing hockey trying to help his team win a title, but lets hate the KID instead, for being the smart veteran he is.

And the reffing was some of the best 'play-off hockey reffing' Caledonia has seen to date in the post season. It, to me, looked like the refs called some weaker calls here n there both ways, but looked like they let a lot go both ways. In the second period alone i recall at least 4 obvious roughs and trips right in front of their faces but they let em go. Overall as a complete game, i think the reffing was excellent..............like it should be for a playoff game.

Game 2 will tell the tale of the series I think. Will London come back and rise to the occassion on home ice? Will Caledonia have all the rust off and come to play, like they can and should? Will they play like they played in the St. Catherines series, where Caledonia played their best playoff hockey to date and like they showed last night in game 1 after the first 10?

See you in London!
Very well written.

Lets go Corvairs!!! :smt021 :smt027 :smt075 :smt068

And to all the jealous haters... :smt098 :smt098 History baby!!! 8)
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

:D Morning, Port. I see by the time on your last post you were on a bender last night. Hope you're feeling okay. I've "clammed" up because I don't have much to say beyond what I've already said -- at every opportunity I could. Only thing new is that London played poorly in g1, took too many bad penalties, and was outclassed by a superior team. No dispute here and certainly no surprise. First time that's happened this post season, though. Then again, it's the first time they've had to compete against a Jr A club whose roster is on a payroll. I don't give Nats much chance of bouncing back with Harris out, but they'll play the game and we'll see what happens. The Corvair$ have purchased themselves a great Jr A team. Even their Jr C call-ups are Jr A players. What a joke. And everyone with two eyes, a brain and a moral compass can see what a what a bad joke it is. The league could hand them cup now because they've paid for it, but instead we'll suffer through 3 more games of this farce. Oldtymer got it right when he talks about the mockery that the Corvair$ organization has made of the GO this season and any sense of fair play. The silent majority see it and know it to be true. As Mrs Ratchford points out, all that time in the gym has really paid off... in more way$ than one. When it comes, as everyone knows it will, enjoy your empty, hollow Jr B victory Corvair$. And when the season ends, there will be 19 boys looking for work. Am I bitter? Yeah, a little, but not really. Nice day out. I hope you and all your friends have a great weekend, Port. :-)
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Qwerty wrote::D Morning, Port. I see by the time on your last post you were on a bender last night. Hope you're feeling okay. I've "clammed" up because I don't have much to say beyond what I've already said -- at every opportunity I could. Only thing new is that London played poorly in g1, took too many bad penalties, and was outclassed by a superior team. No dispute here and certainly no surprise. First time that's happened this post season, though. Then again, it's the first time they've had to compete against a Jr A club whose roster is on a payroll. I don't give Nats much chance of bouncing back with Harris out, but they'll play the game and we'll see what happens. The Corvair$ have purchased themselves a great Jr A team. Even their Jr C call-ups are Jr A players. What a joke. And everyone with two eyes, a brain and a moral compass can see what a what a bad joke it is. The league could hand them cup now because they've paid for it, but instead we'll suffer through 3 more games of this farce. Oldtymer got it right when he talks about the mockery that the Corvair$ organization has made of the GO this season and any sense of fair play. The silent majority see it and know it to be true. As Mrs Ratchford points out, all that time in the gym has really paid off... in more way$ than one. When it comes, as everyone knows it will, enjoy your empty, hollow Jr B victory Corvair$. And when the season ends, there will be 19 boys looking for work. Am I bitter? Yeah, a little, but not really. Nice day out. I hope you and all your friends have a great weekend, Port. :-)
Port really out did himself with that one post ..... I got tired of reading it after chapter 1. I think I will wait for the movie .... It will most likely go straight to DVD under "sleepers"
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Hattrick73 wrote:Whole lot of crazy comments on this last bit of the thread. Wow, even mr writer-guy Ron doesn't get it right, but good analysis none the less. Watch the tape of the game and tell me the corrected stats on the assists added to the "unassisted goals aren't accurate. Clearly 'Ron" and many of you others watched it live, no rewind/replay cuz on Bauman's goal, which was called unassisted, was passed from Zottl from inside the caledonia zone through the air and right into the stride of Bauman who takes it and buries it! Granted, the Hore assist added may have been a stretch...but if you watch the tape, he IS the 2nd last Corvair player to touch the puck.

Enough of that.

See you in London!
Very well written.

so your going to sit here and say the GMHL is a higher league? Your right they do get the most out of there players by bonuses tho if I got paid per Ast or per goal I would play that way to.... I will admit port you make some good comments on your posts but you can't sit here and not agree with everybody they bought this team yes tgere getting the best out of them and yes as far as we know they did it with in the rules of this year. Ppl are jealous of them and ppl are going to write whatever they want. I love watching them play there a great team and a great organization can't take that away from them can you? The only thing that drives me crazy with you is that the Vairs can do know wrong according to you. You think they didn't buy this team they did a good job on recruiting Come on man figuer it out.... Just sit back and watch this team play there unreal.... But hey the G is a higher level right ? Lol.... Don't need to do any digging up and figuer out who you are could care less my man.... Quit pumping there tires like you say everybody has an opinion you don't need to take offence everytime anybody writes about you or the Vairs princess... Ms Ratchford your son is one hell of a hockey player best D in the league in my opinion. Port take care dude go ahead and write your opinion on my post now won't strike a nerve at all it's just a fourm
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Lol the fact people said Seguin was knocked out made me laugh. I took in this Corvair/National game he wasn't "knocked out"! He took the punch like a champ. Good for Seguin to get the kid to take an undisciplined penalty . London had a good start but after Zotti took out their tough guy Dorion they weren't the same. Very fast team however! Like I said a few weeks ago about when I played in the OHL/QMJHL before making my way to Elmira who had a good amount of JR.A guys that year everyone can complain about this team being too old but if everyone wants this to be a development league for 16/17 year olds what's the difference between midget!? It's not fair to guys who were in my situation, just because we played in major junior we can't enjoy a good year of hockey?! It's a situation where people rip on the 20 year olds for trying to have a good time and play the sport they love. You guys got to stop chirping these players because a majority of you are keyboard warriors and if I knew about this forum when I played in Elmira and I was getting ripped like this I'd make sure to shut all of you up. But what do I know right! Just a washed up goon from the O and Q as a majority of you refer to for these 20 year olds!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Enough of that.

See you in London!
Very well written.

so your going to sit here and say the GMHL is a higher league? Your right they do get the most out of there players by bonuses tho if I got paid per Ast or per goal I would play that way to.... I will admit port you make some good comments on your posts but you can't sit here and not agree with everybody they bought this team yes tgere getting the best out of them and yes as far as we know they did it with in the rules of this year. Ppl are jealous of them and ppl are going to write whatever they want. I love watching them play there a great team and a great organization can't take that away from them can you? The only thing that drives me crazy with you is that the Vairs can do know wrong according to you. You think they didn't buy this team they did a good job on recruiting Come on man figuer it out.... Just sit back and watch this team play there unreal.... But hey the G is a higher level right ? Lol.... Don't need to do any digging up and figuer out who you are could care less my man.... Quit pumping there tires like you say everybody has an opinion you don't need to take offence everytime anybody writes about you or the Vairs princess... Ms Ratchford your son is one hell of a hockey player best D in the league in my opinion. Port take care dude go ahead and write your opinion on my post now won't strike a nerve at all it's just a fourm
That was my post. I went to the web site and copy it. I was to lazy to go through it . No one ever cares any way. I don't think much people even look at it. I'm not saying the GMHL is a higher league. No was is. I can only tell you want I saw from going to a few games. The only reason we went was to see X JR-B players. Halton and Niagara have lots of X players. Terry Masterson is coach for Niagara. And it has worked out for a few players. Gourley, L. Sinclair and Abraham to name a few. Or course I know Caledonia was the Brantford team. You guys haven't figure it out yet the more you cut down Caledonia the LOUDER and PROUDER Port Hockey is going to be. He even said so. Your just all entertainment to him it's funny I LOL every time. Keep it up Port.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Lol the fact people said Seguin was knocked out made me laugh. I took in this Corvair/National game he wasn't "knocked out"! He took the punch like a champ. Good for Seguin to get the kid to take an undisciplined penalty . London had a good start but after Zotti took out their tough guy Dorion they weren't the same. Very fast team however! Like I said a few weeks ago about when I played in the OHL/QMJHL before making my way to Elmira who had a good amount of JR.A guys that year everyone can complain about this team being too old but if everyone wants this to be a development league for 16/17 year olds what's the difference between midget!? It's not fair to guys who were in my situation, just because we played in major junior we can't enjoy a good year of hockey?! It's a situation where people rip on the 20 year olds for trying to have a good time and play the sport they love. You guys got to stop chirping these players because a majority of you are keyboard warriors and if I knew about this forum when I played in Elmira and I was getting ripped like this I'd make sure to shut all of you up. But what do I know right! Just a washed up goon from the O and Q as a majority of you refer to for these 20 year olds!
I wouldn't call Scott Dorion a tough guy.I like Scott Dorion . Won a Sutherland Cup with us.
He's a instigator a energy guy. He took a few penalties. He also drew a few penalties.
I didn't like the hit on Dorion. Don't like head shots. I see Zotti got a game supplemental discipline.
Your right London fast team. Should be a better game tonight bigger ice surface . London has a good home record in the playoffs.
Caledonia likes the bigger ice to In Waterloo and Fort Erie. In fact Waterloo reminds me of Fort Erie same kind of team.
I agree about the development league. They won't get anymore 16 year olds. If I what to watch midget hockey i'll go to a game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote::D Morning, Port. I see by the time on your last post you were on a bender last night. Hope you're feeling okay. I've "clammed" up because I don't have much to say beyond what I've already said -- at every opportunity I could. Only thing new is that London played poorly in g1, took too many bad penalties, and was outclassed by a superior team. No dispute here and certainly no surprise. First time that's happened this post season, though. Then again, it's the first time they've had to compete against a Jr A club whose roster is on a payroll. I don't give Nats much chance of bouncing back with Harris out, but they'll play the game and we'll see what happens. The Corvair$ have purchased themselves a great Jr A team. Even their Jr C call-ups are Jr A players. What a joke. And everyone with two eyes, a brain and a moral compass can see what a what a bad joke it is. The league could hand them cup now because they've paid for it, but instead we'll suffer through 3 more games of this farce. Oldtymer got it right when he talks about the mockery that the Corvair$ organization has made of the GO this season and any sense of fair play. The silent majority see it and know it to be true. As Mrs Ratchford points out, all that time in the gym has really paid off... in more way$ than one. When it comes, as everyone knows it will, enjoy your empty, hollow Jr B victory Corvair$. And when the season ends, there will be 19 boys looking for work. Am I bitter? Yeah, a little, but not really. Nice day out. I hope you and all your friends have a great weekend, Port. :-)
Yup, pretty much the same garbage as before. Don't be so bitter, next season everyone starts fresh. You have a great weekend too, Qwerty.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:
Port really out did himself with that one post ..... I got tired of reading it after chapter 1. I think I will wait for the movie .... It will most likely go straight to DVD under "sleepers"
Yawn...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Buddy, it isn't that they can't do no wrong, its that there's several people here waiting to pounce every time they do something wrong, or every time some people think they have. So I have no problem defending them. I feel bad for those kids, they shouldn't have to read half the stuff posted on here...And that includes things I've said in the past.

I only defend them because they look like they can use the defense at times, that and I appreciate the hard work it took to get the chemistry this team has. They could've folded like the Falcons did two years ago, but they've done the opposite and have come together.

I've ignored a lot of posts about Caledonia this season. Now that the playoffs are here, more people are reading this forum and I refuse to let people sit here and sling mud at them when it isn't deserved.

Next season I'll be back to being fairly quiet about them. You're right though, everyone is entitled to their opinions, I can't help but reply with mine at times. Have a good weekend. :)
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
Yawn...
I can understand why you are tired... so much effort on trying to defend the Corvairs and yet so little success... It must have left a terrible void in your life when Port left town..
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I can understand why you are tired... so much effort on trying to defend the Corvairs and yet so little success... It must have left a terrible void in your life when Port left town..
I feel pretty proud of my efforts to defend the Corvairs, nice try though.

And if you think I was unhappy when the circus left Port, you really must be new around here. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Game 2

2-0 Caledonia after one. Shots are 14-4. Stay tuned for updates. :)

5-0 after the 2nd, shots are 31-7. Can't blame this on Caledonia's so-called Jr.A team either. St.Catharines & Waterloo skated with them, London can't even manage to do that. Stratford or Leamington would've made a better opponent, IMO.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

London looks like middle of pack team in game 2 thumping

6-0 tonight. So according to Cpt. Oblivious, London will now win 4 straight. :smt082 :smt033 Don't quit your day job. :lol: :oops:

I was expecting more out of London, all this talk about playing in their rink... :roll:

St.Catharines & Waterloo didn't have any problems staying in the games... So much for Caledonia's 'suspect' goaltending. :smt004 :smt003

This will be an easy sweep, too bad Leamington couldn't hold it together, at least they would've presented a challenge. 8)

2 down, 2 to go!!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt010 :smt006
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Injuries and a blown call in game five hurt the flyers. I think caledonia would of still won but would be closer. Embarassing for the west.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Injuries and a blown call in game five hurt the flyers. I think caledonia would of still won but would be closer. Embarassing for the west.
I was really looking forward to a Corvairs, Flyers final. Guess its just the way she goes.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I wonder why cpt. Is posting anymore? I can say one thing I went to the London library as they call it on T.V and I didn't have a flag waving today. Good luck to nats in 6. Corsvaies should have it in 4 now. Deeper team that's built for 3 games in a row.
The sad part is most people trashing the corvairs think winning is so easy for them. They work their asses off. 4 practices a week plus a workout and then they usually do some anyway. They put everything they can into this to win. They want to win too. You can put all you want into a team and if that team doesn't work hard then your not gonna win. Complain all you want... Your gonna still have to deal with it for two more games
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Cali, I for one, have never questioned the skill or work ethic or quality of the coaching with the Corvair$. Apart from some critical comments directed at Zottl following the incident that led to his 9-game suspension during reg season, I've not directed any criticism at any individual players. It's evident these are great hockey players who are fired up to win and collectively they are pretty much capable of dictating the pace, intensity and ultimately the outcome of their games. Last night, you could see they eased up toward the end of the game, more or less playing cat and mouse. It was a non-contest.

Is this embarrassing for London? Of course it is. How about for the West, as the weasel Flyers so bravely points out? Sure. How about for the whole league? Absolutely. It's one big embarrassment.

Flyers, your team lost in 6 to the Nats, fair and square, despite your sobbing and sniveling about blown calls and injuries. Then the Nats beat Stratford in 6, fair and square. They did this with their own bumps and bruises, just like every other team has to grapple with, and they did it without their top goal scorer (Warren) throughout the entire post season. Warren is the closest thing London had to an OHLer in their line-up -- a 1997 birthyear kid with a grand total of 42 Jr A games under his belt. He spent most of the season sidelined due to two concussions, both of which were the result of head checks delivered by your beloved Leamington Flyers. So you can whine and speculate about how much closer the Suthie final would be if your team had got the chance, but that won't change the facts. If you have any trouble recalling how they lost, then google London nationals Rogers tv and you'll find a couple videos there to refresh your memory.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:London looks like middle of pack team in game 2 thumping

6-0 tonight. So according to Cpt. Oblivious, London will now win 4 straight. :smt082 :smt033 Don't quit your day job. :lol: :oops:

I was expecting more out of London, all this talk about playing in their rink... :roll:

St.Catharines & Waterloo didn't have any problems staying in the games... So much for Caledonia's 'suspect' goaltending. :smt004 :smt003

This will be an easy sweep, too bad Leamington couldn't hold it together, at least they would've presented a challenge. 8)

2 down, 2 to go!!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt010 :smt006
Easy sweep again DUH! It is men against boys... You have to wonder how much fun this actually is for the majority of Corvair players... I guarantee every one of them would rather have stayed in the "O" playing in front of 6000-9000 fans versus playing teams of kids in front of 200-300 fans. I wonder what Bullard thinks about it ... I think he is if not the best , one of the best coaches in the league but this years championship but will be overshadowed by the "Caledonia rule". Caledonia with all of their resources ( nudge nudge wink wink) could have won a third without resorting to what they did. It's too bad because they are a great organization.
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

I only defend them because they look like they can use the defense at times, that and I appreciate the hard work it took to get the chemistry this team has. They could've folded like the Falcons did two years ago, but they've done the opposite and have come together. How can you even think that. It was one of the best series. Ever around here and which oglers did we bring in Evans. Was 18. Kelly was 18. Rymarchuk. And desouza
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Im not going to argue with you. Bottom line the call is made leamington is in and london is out. But it is what it is and right now the nats are getting embarrassed.
End of a era in Leamington