SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BillyTheKid

Re: SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Post by BillyTheKid »

What a team the Vairs are... You know what say whatever you want about them on how this team was put together or how they got these kids. Yes we can all sit here and say it was the all mighty $$$$ but go watch them play. These kids go all out every shift no matter what the score is. They work there bags off. 6-0 game last night at there still coming back hard into there own end. Bully lost his mind on Ratchford in the 3rd for jumping up in the play and not getting back. You ppl can sit here all you want and say whatever you want about them but there unreal. There not the only team in the league throwing money around either ppl are just mad at the skill level of the guys they brought in that's all. If you think leamington would've gave them a better run then give your head a shake. If they were the better team then why aren't they there ? I will actually have to agree with port here Bully gets the best out of these kids night in and night out. Congrats Rizz and the rest of the organization this is one hell of a team and a class act program you guys run. Doesn't matter who they played in the final the out come would've been the same. Doesn't mean the west is a joke either the Nats have run out of gas been a long play off for them and they should be proud of what they have accomplished this year. It's not embarrassing on the league either to see this in the finals the Vairs are just that good. Say whatever you want about them but they did it with in the rules this year like I said before every other team in the league throws money at guys also and believe me they do I've been there and played the game before I was one of the 20 year old plugs from the O that came back for my final year of Jr.
Oglethorp

Re: SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Post by Oglethorp »

Qwerty wrote: Flyers, your team lost in 6 to the Nats, fair and square, despite your sobbing and sniveling about blown calls and injuries. Then the Nats beat Stratford in 6, fair and square. They did this with their own bumps and bruises, just like every other team has to grapple with, and they did it without their top goal scorer (Warren) throughout the entire post season. Warren is the closest thing London had to an OHLer in their line-up -- a 1997 birthyear kid with a grand total of 42 Jr A games under his belt. He spent most of the season sidelined due to two concussions, both of which were the result of head checks delivered by your beloved Leamington Flyers. So you can whine and speculate about how much closer the Suthie final would be if your team had got the chance, but that won't change the facts. If you have any trouble recalling how they lost, then google London nationals Rogers tv and you'll find a couple videos there to refresh your memory.
Warrens 1st concussion was a head check from the Flyers, the 2nd was a patent blindside hit delivered 90 feet from the play compliments of the Strathroy Rockets.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

For what it's worth, in my opinion, London has nothing to be ashamed of. They worked their asses off to get to the Sutherland Cup Finals. They are the Western Conference Champions and we all know it's a long hard battle to get there. They played 3 tough opponents to get there and then played Stratford, who they were very evenly matched with as well.

Yes, they're not performing the greatest against Caledonia, but they're gassed. They've put everything they have into getting here and they've just run out of steam at this point.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

I'd just like to say that it was very nice to have our 3 fans in attendance last night in London!..... Keep sucking it rocketgirl
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
HockeyTalk21 wrote:Lol the fact people said Seguin was knocked out made me laugh. I took in this Corvair/National game he wasn't "knocked out"! He took the punch like a champ. Good for Seguin to get the kid to take an undisciplined penalty . London had a good start but after Zotti took out their tough guy Dorion they weren't the same. Very fast team however! Like I said a few weeks ago about when I played in the OHL/QMJHL before making my way to Elmira who had a good amount of JR.A guys that year everyone can complain about this team being too old but if everyone wants this to be a development league for 16/17 year olds what's the difference between midget!? It's not fair to guys who were in my situation, just because we played in major junior we can't enjoy a good year of hockey?! It's a situation where people rip on the 20 year olds for trying to have a good time and play the sport they love. You guys got to stop chirping these players because a majority of you are keyboard warriors and if I knew about this forum when I played in Elmira and I was getting ripped like this I'd make sure to shut all of you up. But what do I know right! Just a washed up goon from the O and Q as a majority of you refer to for these 20 year olds!
I wouldn't call Scott Dorion a tough guy.I like Scott Dorion . Won a Sutherland Cup with us.
He's a instigator a energy guy. He took a few penalties. He also drew a few penalties.
I didn't like the hit on Dorion. Don't like head shots. I see Zotti got a game supplemental discipline.
Your right London fast team. Should be a better game tonight bigger ice surface . London has a good home record in the playoffs.
Caledonia likes the bigger ice to In Waterloo and Fort Erie. In fact Waterloo reminds me of Fort Erie same kind of team.
I agree about the development league. They won't get anymore 16 year olds. If I what to watch midget hockey i'll go to a game.
Lol well Dorion acted tough until Zotti gave him a nice reminder! Glad you agree on this whole development idea! Because at the end of the day if the Corvairs 20 year olds go onto to NCAA D3, CIS, Semi Pro well what's that called???? DEVELOPMENT!! After I played in Elmira I saw a few years of semi pro and that's still moving players onto higher levels. I respect this team for giving these guys a chance and a last shot to have fun!
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

BillyTheKid wrote:What a team the Vairs are... You know what say whatever you want about them on how this team was put together or how they got these kids. Yes we can all sit here and say it was the all mighty $$$$ but go watch them play. These kids go all out every shift no matter what the score is. They work there bags off. 6-0 game last night at there still coming back hard into there own end. Bully lost his mind on Ratchford in the 3rd for jumping up in the play and not getting back. You ppl can sit here all you want and say whatever you want about them but there unreal. There not the only team in the league throwing money around either ppl are just mad at the skill level of the guys they brought in that's all. If you think leamington would've gave them a better run then give your head a shake. If they were the better team then why aren't they there ? I will actually have to agree with port here Bully gets the best out of these kids night in and night out. Congrats Rizz and the rest of the organization this is one hell of a team and a class act program you guys run. Doesn't matter who they played in the final the out come would've been the same. Doesn't mean the west is a joke either the Nats have run out of gas been a long play off for them and they should be proud of what they have accomplished this year. It's not embarrassing on the league either to see this in the finals the Vairs are just that good. Say whatever you want about them but they did it with in the rules this year like I said before every other team in the league throws money at guys also and believe me they do I've been there and played the game before I was one of the 20 year old plugs from the O that came back for my final year of Jr.
You ppl .. really.. damn us people .. The Corvairs are a great team.. no question at all. are they within the rules .. yes they are ... Would it have mattered who they played in the finals ..Nope Junior A over Jr B every time.. Do other teams do it .. to a certain extent ... but not to this level... Are the Corvairs interested in developing players ... please .. you insult our intelligence ... Going from Junior A to Junior B is not a development move at all. Development usually entails moving up to higher levels not down as in Junior A to B
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

RocketGirl wrote:For what it's worth, in my opinion, London has nothing to be ashamed of. They worked their asses off to get to the Sutherland Cup Finals. They are the Western Conference Champions and we all know it's a long hard battle to get there. They played 3 tough opponents to get there and then played Stratford, who they were very evenly matched with as well.

Yes, they're not performing the greatest against Caledonia, but they're gassed. They've put everything they have into getting here and they've just run out of steam at this point.
This series is like watching the Superbowl in the old days when the NFC champ was always so much stonger than the AFC champ. Lots of hype, game is done 1/2 way through the 1st qtr and then no one pays much attention until the end to find out how bad the point spread was. A good comparison would be to take a Midget team and enter them in a bantam tournament then say how it is about letting the midgets get seen and allowing them to play the game they love. The GOJHL needs to decide if they are developing for the OHL or not. If not have the OHA set up some tier 2 A teams in the southwest for the younger players that looking for OHL/NCAA etc.

London is playing their hearts out but they are matched against an OHL level team. Fatigue wasn't much of a factor coming in because their road was not that tough, they lucked out with the league seeding rule and drew the woeful Strathroy Rockets who they dispensed with in 5 games, then they took on the battle worn LaSalle Vipers coming off an intense 7 game battle with the Sarnia Legionnaires. After that they took on the Leamington Flyers and earned the win in a hard fought series before facing Stratford. Caledonia coasted through all of their much younger opponents and to no ones surprise are able to secure wins against teams 2 years younger with no OHL alumni.

London is gassed from chasing the puck, any legit Jr B team would be. Its all over and forgotten May 3rd, then on to next season.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:London looks like middle of pack team in game 2 thumping

6-0 tonight. So according to Cpt. Oblivious, London will now win 4 straight. :smt082 :smt033 Don't quit your day job. :lol: :oops:

I was expecting more out of London, all this talk about playing in their rink... :roll:

St.Catharines & Waterloo didn't have any problems staying in the games... So much for Caledonia's 'suspect' goaltending. :smt004 :smt003

This will be an easy sweep, too bad Leamington couldn't hold it together, at least they would've presented a challenge. 8)

2 down, 2 to go!!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt010 :smt006
Easy sweep again DUH! It is men against boys... You have to wonder how much fun this actually is for the majority of Corvair players... I guarantee every one of them would rather have stayed in the "O" playing in front of 6000-9000 fans versus playing teams of kids in front of 200-300 fans. I wonder what Bullard thinks about it ... I think he is if not the best , one of the best coaches in the league but this years championship but will be overshadowed by the "Caledonia rule". Caledonia with all of their resources ( nudge nudge wink wink) could have won a third without resorting to what they did. It's too bad because they are a great organization.
The kids are where they want to be... If they din't want to be there, why did half of them reach out to Caledonia before the season? :wink:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

15timechamps wrote:I only defend them because they look like they can use the defense at times, that and I appreciate the hard work it took to get the chemistry this team has. They could've folded like the Falcons did two years ago, but they've done the opposite and have come together. How can you even think that. It was one of the best series. Ever around here and which oglers did we bring in Evans. Was 18. Kelly was 18. Rymarchuk. And desouza
Walsh, Luciani, etc.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:What a team the Vairs are... You know what say whatever you want about them on how this team was put together or how they got these kids. Yes we can all sit here and say it was the all mighty $$$$ but go watch them play. These kids go all out every shift no matter what the score is. They work there bags off. 6-0 game last night at there still coming back hard into there own end. Bully lost his mind on Ratchford in the 3rd for jumping up in the play and not getting back. You ppl can sit here all you want and say whatever you want about them but there unreal. There not the only team in the league throwing money around either ppl are just mad at the skill level of the guys they brought in that's all. If you think leamington would've gave them a better run then give your head a shake. If they were the better team then why aren't they there ? I will actually have to agree with port here Bully gets the best out of these kids night in and night out. Congrats Rizz and the rest of the organization this is one hell of a team and a class act program you guys run. Doesn't matter who they played in the final the out come would've been the same. Doesn't mean the west is a joke either the Nats have run out of gas been a long play off for them and they should be proud of what they have accomplished this year. It's not embarrassing on the league either to see this in the finals the Vairs are just that good. Say whatever you want about them but they did it with in the rules this year like I said before every other team in the league throws money at guys also and believe me they do I've been there and played the game before I was one of the 20 year old plugs from the O that came back for my final year of Jr.
Very well written.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:
You ppl .. really.. damn us people .. The Corvairs are a great team.. no question at all. are they within the rules .. yes they are ... Would it have mattered who they played in the finals ..Nope Junior A over Jr B every time.. Do other teams do it .. to a certain extent ... but not to this level... Are the Corvairs interested in developing players ... please .. you insult our intelligence ... Going from Junior A to Junior B is not a development move at all. Development usually entails moving up to higher levels not down as in Junior A to B
But not to this level.... Thanks for proving my point. Its jealousy, period!!! And for the last time, Caledonia is one of the best at developing young players.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

oldtymer wrote:
Where in the rules does it say don't put the best team on the ice year in abs year out to win the suthie ? You ever think maybe they don't want to go with 16 17 18 year olds bc they just want to win every year? Not saying you can't win with a young team but 19-20 year olds with there back ground going to have a better chance at winning it. As for development these guys are developt b4 they get there but they also got to preform when they are there also other wise they won't be going CIS semi pro here or Europe so that's why I say bully gets the best out of these guys. They could just pull chute and collect a pay check tgere but they don't they go there work there balls off and win. I can't wait till next year when the have the best 18-19 year olds win again then what are you going to say? There's no doubt about it there helping kids get to the next level doesn't matter what age they are. If you were 20 or if you had a kid and they came calling you would be there to.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

by BillyTheKid » Sun May 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Where in the rules does it say don't put the best team on the ice year in abs year out to win the suthie ? You ever think maybe they don't want to go with 16 17 18 year olds bc they just want to win every year? Not saying you can't win with a young team but 19-20 year olds with there back ground going to have a better chance at winning it. As for development these guys are developt b4 they get there but they also got to preform when they are there also other wise they won't be going CIS semi pro here or Europe so that's why I say bully gets the best out of these guys. They could just pull chute and collect a pay check tgere but they don't they go there work there balls off and win. I can't wait till next year when the have the best 18-19 year olds win again then what are you going to say? There's no doubt about it there helping kids get to the next level doesn't matter what age they are. If you were 20 or if you had a kid and they came calling you would be there to.
Another gem. :) But they don't just win with 20 year olds. Two years ago they won the cup with 7 20 year olds, and a 17 year old scoring champion. Half of their top players that year were 17-19. Last year they won the cup with 10 20 year olds at the most.

As you pointed out, the 20 year olds don't lead to them winning. Its the program they run, they put those kids through a mini boot camp early in the season. Once that work ethic has set in, they are constantly reminded about what's expected out of them. They are also rewarded with team bonding trips for all of their hard work.

This is why I don't understand all the sour grapes. People are acting like Caledonia loads up every year. One person calling them the Yankees of our league. I didn't realize loading up once, for a special season made them into all the things being said about them on here.

Qwerty is the best though, he says they haven't broken any rules, but he says they've done things that weren't meant to be done. Um...No, if those things weren't meant to be done, there would've been rules in place saying so. Clearly the league has never had a problem with how many 20 year olds teams have, but basically what they've done is corruption at its finest. They make a special rule, thinking that it will hurt Caledonia. The irony is that Caledonia will still build power houses like they had the last few years, because the last two years these rules wouldn't have had any bearing on Caledonia's roster. In fact, they would've been allowed an additional pair of 20 year olds two years ago.

This only makes things easier on Caledonia. This rule just handicapped the league, the rest of the teams will have to get rid of 20 year olds when they have 10-14 of them eligible to return. Now they'll have to take a step back, by trading or releasing some of these kids.

If the league had any brains, they would've limited how many 20 year olds teams can bring in. The way they wrote it, they just screwed teams that have had 10+ players for a few years. Because now they can't keep them all to go for it when their building cycle is coming to an end. Well done GOJHL! :smt023 :smt017
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia coasted through all of their much younger opponents and to no ones surprise are able to secure wins against teams 2 years younger with no OHL alumni.

St Catharines and Niagara Falls are verteran teams. Waterloo a very young team yes. But they never gave up.
London and all the other western fans on this forum have giving up. They have there excuse to many 20 year olds to much OHL players.
Looks like the Goldenshoe league is the best. Never heard all this excuses from any of there fans. Like I heard last night from the London fans.
Hopefully London can turn it up. And start playing hockey.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
But not to this level.... Thanks for proving my point. Its jealousy, period!!! And for the last time, Caledonia is one of the best at developing young players.

20 year olds are young talent for Junior B .?? .. Sorry going from Junior A to Jr B is not called development... maybe reverse development
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:

Another gem. :) But they don't just win with 20 year olds. Two years ago they won the cup with 7 20 year olds, and a 17 year old scoring champion. Half of their top players that year were 17-19. Last year they won the cup with 10 20 year olds at the most.

As you pointed out, the 20 year olds don't lead to them winning. Its the program they run, they put those kids through a mini boot camp early in the season. Once that work ethic has set in, they are constantly reminded about what's expected out of them. They are also rewarded with team bonding trips for all of their hard work.

This is why I don't understand all the sour grapes. People are acting like Caledonia loads up every year. One person calling them the Yankees of our league. I didn't realize loading up once, for a special season made them into all the things being said about them on here.

Qwerty is the best though, he says they haven't broken any rules, but he says they've done things that weren't meant to be done. Um...No, if those things weren't meant to be done, there would've been rules in place saying so. Clearly the league has never had a problem with how many 20 year olds teams have, but basically what they've done is corruption at its finest. They make a special rule, thinking that it will hurt Caledonia. The irony is that Caledonia will still build power houses like they had the last few years, because the last two years these rules wouldn't have had any bearing on Caledonia's roster. In fact, they would've been allowed an additional pair of 20 year olds two years ago.

This only makes things easier on Caledonia. This rule just handicapped the league, the rest of the teams will have to get rid of 20 year olds when they have 10-14 of them eligible to return. Now they'll have to take a step back, by trading or releasing some of these kids.

If the league had any brains, they would've limited how many 20 year olds teams can bring in. The way they wrote it, they just screwed teams that have had 10+ players for a few years. Because now they can't keep them all to go for it when their building cycle is coming to an end. Well done GOJHL! :smt023 :smt017

The point is that they didn't have to do it to this extreme which has made a mockery of the league.... There is a reason why the "Caledonia Rule" is coming into place and it is something you shouldn't be proud of... Caledonia will be good regardless of the rule but not to this extent PS I still say they should be called GRE Corvairs if you know what i mean
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:

Good post port. But they wouldn't get it they have there excuses. Caledonia had 9 2o year olds last year 3 were 3 year veterans.
The first year they won they had 7 20 year olds St Catharines had 11 20 year olds. In the final great series.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Post by oldtymer » Sun May 01, 2016 4:30 pm

20 year olds are young talent for Junior B .?? .. Sorry going from Junior A to Jr B is not called development... maybe reverse development
You either missed my entire point, or you just don't get what's being said here. Good day. :)
by oldtymer » Sun May 01, 2016 4:34 pm
The point is that they didn't have to do it to this extreme which has made a mockery of the league.... There is a reason why the "Caledonia Rule" is coming into place and it is something you shouldn't be proud of... Caledonia will be good regardless of the rule but not to this extent PS I still say they should be called GRE Corvairs if you know what i mean
No, the point is they were well within the rules and don't deserve to be put in the same category as cheaters. Several people on here have given them that label.

If that same group of players had finished 4th, and lost in the 2nd round... We wouldn't have seen this blown so far out of proportion by the league, and several regulars here.
Post by Caledonia Fan » Sun May 01, 2016 4:34 pm
Good post port. But they wouldn't get it they have there excuses. Caledonia had 9 2o year olds last year 3 were 3 year veterans.
The first year they won they had 7 20 year olds St Catharines had 11 20 year olds. In the final great series.
Exactly! You get it, the other Caledonia fans get it. So obviously everyone else gets it too. They just can't swallow their pride and admit it! :wink:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Game 3 updates

3-0 after the 1st for Caledonia. London has actually looked the best I've seen so far in this series. But London took two penalty's on the same play, and Caledonia scored on both power plays. They've controlled the play for the most part, but London has shown a lot more interest tonight.

London tried to get physical early in the game, but after taking several crushing hits in retaliation, they eased off on that aspect of their game plan.

The period ended with Volpe & Cimino having words and exchanging pushes... A London player was laughing and smiling, confusing when you consider they're about to be in an 0-3 hole... I know they are getting frustrated, but they need to hold their emotions together if they want a shot at making this series respectable.

7-1 after the 2nd

Caledonia's goalie(Sinclair) is coming up with the big saves, London's goalie(Hughes), not so much. It looks like Hughes is out of gas. But London is still playing hard at times.

Bauman's gone for a hit from behind. The broadcaster says it was a clean hit, but it was from behind... I watched the replay.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sun May 01, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Who is talking about the first two championships?
gojhlrules

Post by gojhlrules »

Can someone tell the guy running point streak in Caledonia to turn it on.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

oldtymer wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

What's your point? Can still play Jr at 20 years old no spot on a CHL team so came back to Jr b to a team that wins no harm in that. Just enjoy them for what they are
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

What's your point? Can still play Jr at 20 years old no spot on a CHL team so came back to Jr b to a team that wins no harm in that. Just enjoy them for what they are
What does your comment have to do with development? Hey what the GRE Corvairs are doing is perfectly legal.. its just not development .. its called last kick at the can
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

What does your comment have to do with development? Hey what the GRE Corvairs are doing is perfectly legal.. its just not development .. its called last kick at the can
Every (top)team goes all in when they feel the time is right. Just because Caledonia did it with 20 year olds is no different. The league has never had a problem with the number of 20 year olds on teams. Just last season, there was talk of having 3 overage spots for 21 year olds. Funny how that conversation died so quickly. :wink:

You don't want to talk about the other two cups because it proves what everyone is telling you. Just bitterness coming from you. :roll: :mrgreen:
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The game is on internet radio: http://radio.profitcorvairs.com/
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Caledonia 8 London 1 3rd period. My god even waterloo gave them a better challenge.
End of a era in Leamington
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Where is Goalie 34? It would be interesting to hear his take on all of this.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia thumps London, and officials!

8-1 tonight. The officiating was beyond terrible tonight. In the 1st period it was fine, but as soon as it was clear Caledonia would win this game refs C.Thrornton & L.Murray began to absolutely butcher this game.

It was like Caledonia wasn't allowed to get away with anything obvious, but London was invisible to the refs. Hope they give themselves a good pat on the back! :smt023

If you call this a fair game, you're a lost cause:
PENALTIES
Period 1
London - Scott Goodman - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 5:09
London - Callum Ruddock - (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) (USC), 2 MIN, 5:09
Period 2
Caledonia - Mitchell Fitzmorris - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 1:25
Caledonia - Jake Brown - (Hooking) (HKG), 2 MIN, 9:37
Caledonia - Chadd Bauman - (Interference) (INT), 2 MIN, 10:01
Caledonia - Chadd Bauman - (Hooking) (HKG), 2 MIN, 15:58
Caledonia - Chadd Bauman - (Checking from Behind) (GM50), 2 MIN, 18:28
Caledonia - Chadd Bauman - (Checking from Behind) (Game Misconduct) (GM50/51), 0 MIN, 18:28
Caledonia - Matt McCartney - (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) (USC), 2 MIN, 20:00
Period 3
London - Scott Dorion - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 0:32
Caledonia - Jordan Brown - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 9:11
London - Scott Goodman - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 11:22
Caledonia - Mitchell Fitzmorris - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 11:22
What a disgrace!!! The unofficial shots on goal were 34-26 in favor of Caledonia. Caledonia has now outscored London 23-4. Unreal, the West was clearly the 3rd ranked division this season.

1.Golden Horseshoe
2.Mid-West
3.West

The playoffs speak for themselves!
:smt006
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

I never once said it was about development. Last kick at the can to win at the Jr level I'll take that rather then not play at all wouldn't you? Like I said before maybe they don't care about development but that can't be the case now can it? Montour in the AHL where's Murphy at now? I dunno someone be able to tell me? Port maybe? And I can guarantee some guys off of the team this year that have been there a while will go D-3 possibly Sinclair ? I think he has another year tho but he will get something. Like I said b4 the OHL guys that have come back were development long b4 they went there but the names I've mentioned in Murphy and Montour where's your argument in them? Every single year they have guys moving on to the next level yes most of them are developed b4 they get there but there moving them along to the next level. They have moved some young kids along also. I just don't get why you keep going back to this development BS ? Is that all you got is that? These guys coming here after the O then moving on to the level after being there looks good for there alumni page to. Some kid goes on there website brings up alumni and starts reading those names believe it or not it's going to make kids want to go play there bc they know it's a good program. They don't development kids every year but every year kids are moving on out of there aren't they? But as you say last kick at the can... If it was me and my last kick at the can was to win a suthie and get some cash while doing it where do I sign up? One hell of a last kick at the can bud.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

cpt obvious wrote:This is hilarious...nobody giving London the respect to even win 2, they're 11-1 at home...holy crap you guys think the golden horseshit is that strong? Waterloo almost beat Caledonia once in their rink, which is embarrassing in itself..Stratford killed Waterloo....London killed Stratford...Toss your numbers out the window because when you get to play Pelham of course you're going to be statistical all-stars...see Stratfords' top line is right behind covairs top line in scoring leaders and they're shining the clubs up for a round this weekend...Here are your numbers, Londons' beat a #1 seed, #2 seed, #3 seed and #7 seed..who have the covairs beat? That's what I thought...starts Thursday, don't book the parade for Tuesday.
I booked the parade... :P :P :oops: :oops: :lol: :smt020 :smt019 :smt033 :smt006