SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

three dog night

Re: SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Post by three dog night »

Port hockey1 wrote:
cpt obvious wrote:This is hilarious...nobody giving London the respect to even win 2, they're 11-1 at home...holy crap you guys think the golden horseshit is that strong? Waterloo almost beat Caledonia once in their rink, which is embarrassing in itself..Stratford killed Waterloo....London killed Stratford...Toss your numbers out the window because when you get to play Pelham of course you're going to be statistical all-stars...see Stratfords' top line is right behind covairs top line in scoring leaders and they're shining the clubs up for a round this weekend...Here are your numbers, Londons' beat a #1 seed, #2 seed, #3 seed and #7 seed..who have the covairs beat? That's what I thought...starts Thursday, don't book the parade for Tuesday.
I booked the parade... :P :P :oops: :oops: :lol: :smt020 :smt019 :smt033 :smt006
There a parade
oldtymer

Re: SUTHERLAND CUP FINAL: Caledonia(1st, GHL) vs London(2nd, West) Predictions & Playoff Thread

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:
cpt obvious wrote:This is hilarious...nobody giving London the respect to even win 2, they're 11-1 at home...holy crap you guys think the golden horseshit is that strong? Waterloo almost beat Caledonia once in their rink, which is embarrassing in itself..Stratford killed Waterloo....London killed Stratford...Toss your numbers out the window because when you get to play Pelham of course you're going to be statistical all-stars...see Stratfords' top line is right behind covairs top line in scoring leaders and they're shining the clubs up for a round this weekend...Here are your numbers, Londons' beat a #1 seed, #2 seed, #3 seed and #7 seed..who have the covairs beat? That's what I thought...starts Thursday, don't book the parade for Tuesday.
I booked the parade... :P :P :oops: :oops: :lol: :smt020 :smt019 :smt033 :smt006
It was booked last September !
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote: What's your point? Can still play Jr at 20 years old no spot on a CHL team so came back to Jr b to a team that wins no harm in that. Just enjoy them for what they are
What does your comment have to do with development? Hey what the GRE Corvairs are doing is perfectly legal.. its just not development .. its called last kick at the can
Every (top)team goes all in when they feel the time is right. Just because Caledonia did it with 20 year olds is no different. The league has never had a problem with the number of 20 year olds on teams. Just last season, there was talk of having 3 overage spots for 21 year olds. Funny how that conversation died so quickly. :wink:

You don't want to talk about the other two cups because it proves what everyone is telling you. Just bitterness coming from you. :roll: :mrgreen:
Huh .. the other two cups were legit .. I have no problem with that all.. I know the ganja might be effecting your mind but we are only talking about this year that they went to the extreme
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote: What's your point? Can still play Jr at 20 years old no spot on a CHL team so came back to Jr b to a team that wins no harm in that. Just enjoy them for what they are
What does your comment have to do with development? Hey what the GRE Corvairs are doing is perfectly legal.. its just not development .. its called last kick at the can
I never once said it was about development. Last kick at the can to win at the Jr level I'll take that rather then not play at all wouldn't you? Like I said before maybe they don't care about development but that can't be the case now can it? Montour in the AHL where's Murphy at now? I dunno someone be able to tell me? Port maybe? And I can guarantee some guys off of the team this year that have been there a while will go D-3 possibly Sinclair ? I think he has another year tho but he will get something. Like I said b4 the OHL guys that have come back were development long b4 they went there but the names I've mentioned in Murphy and Montour where's your argument in them? Every single year they have guys moving on to the next level yes most of them are developed b4 they get there but there moving them along to the next level. They have moved some young kids along also. I just don't get why you keep going back to this development BS ? Is that all you got is that? These guys coming here after the O then moving on to the level after being there looks good for there alumni page to. Some kid goes on there website brings up alumni and starts reading those names believe it or not it's going to make kids want to go play there bc they know it's a good program. They don't development kids every year but every year kids are moving on out of there aren't they? But as you say last kick at the can... If it was me and my last kick at the can was to win a suthie and get some cash while doing it where do I sign up? One hell of a last kick at the can bud.
If it was me and my last kick at the can was to win a suthie and get some cash while doing it where do I sign up? One hell of a last kick at the can bud. Thank you ... you made my point ...
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
I never once said it was about development. Last kick at the can to win at the Jr level I'll take that rather then not play at all wouldn't you? Like I said before maybe they don't care about development but that can't be the case now can it? Montour in the AHL where's Murphy at now? I dunno someone be able to tell me? Port maybe? And I can guarantee some guys off of the team this year that have been there a while will go D-3 possibly Sinclair ? I think he has another year tho but he will get something. Like I said b4 the OHL guys that have come back were development long b4 they went there but the names I've mentioned in Murphy and Montour where's your argument in them? Every single year they have guys moving on to the next level yes most of them are developed b4 they get there but there moving them along to the next level. They have moved some young kids along also. I just don't get why you keep going back to this development BS ? Is that all you got is that? These guys coming here after the O then moving on to the level after being there looks good for there alumni page to. Some kid goes on there website brings up alumni and starts reading those names believe it or not it's going to make kids want to go play there bc they know it's a good program. They don't development kids every year but every year kids are moving on out of there aren't they? But as you say last kick at the can... If it was me and my last kick at the can was to win a suthie and get some cash while doing it where do I sign up? One hell of a last kick at the can bud.
If it was me and my last kick at the can was to win a suthie and get some cash while doing it where do I sign up? One hell of a last kick at the can bud. Thank you ... you made my point ...
Haha so then your jealous of them then I don't get it... If you can't beat Em join Em as the saying goes I guess
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

oldtymer wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
Every (top)team goes all in when they feel the time is right. Just because Caledonia did it with 20 year olds is no different. The league has never had a problem with the number of 20 year olds on teams. Just last season, there was talk of having 3 overage spots for 21 year olds. Funny how that conversation died so quickly. :wink:

You don't want to talk about the other two cups because it proves what everyone is telling you. Just bitterness coming from you. :roll: :mrgreen:
Huh .. the other two cups were legit .. I have no problem with that all.. I know the ganja might be effecting your mind but we are only talking about this year that they went to the extreme
Ary went to the extreme to win 20 players 19, 20, and 21 year old's
Trenton went to the extreme to win 16 players 19 and 20 year old's
Caledonia went to the extreme to win 20 players 19 and 20 year old's I don't count Conway and Foster back up goalies. Tierney is back up
And the OHL there is always buyers and sellers ever year.And those buyers they go to the extreme to win.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

by oldtymer » Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 pm

You don't get to only talk about what suits your argument. :roll: My 'ganja' is just fine... Sounds like you just dropped acid. :lol:
by Caledonia Fan » Sun May 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Caledonia went to the extreme to win 20 players 19 and 20 year old's I don't count Conway and Foster back up goalies. Tierney is back up
And the OHL there is always buyers and sellers ever year.And those buyers they go to the extreme to win.
Don't waste your time. Those who are jealous will just continue to ignore all the facts. All of the actual facts have been written on this forum, some repeatedly. I'm starting to think the only joy the haters get is arguing.

Well lets let them argue with themselves! Talk to the RING!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Mon May 02, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote: I never once said it was about development. Last kick at the can to win at the Jr level I'll take that rather then not play at all wouldn't you? Like I said before maybe they don't care about development but that can't be the case now can it? Montour in the AHL where's Murphy at now? I dunno someone be able to tell me? Port maybe? And I can guarantee some guys off of the team this year that have been there a while will go D-3 possibly Sinclair ? I think he has another year tho but he will get something. Like I said b4 the OHL guys that have come back were development long b4 they went there but the names I've mentioned in Murphy and Montour where's your argument in them? Every single year they have guys moving on to the next level yes most of them are developed b4 they get there but there moving them along to the next level. They have moved some young kids along also. I just don't get why you keep going back to this development BS ? Is that all you got is that? These guys coming here after the O then moving on to the level after being there looks good for there alumni page to. Some kid goes on there website brings up alumni and starts reading those names believe it or not it's going to make kids want to go play there bc they know it's a good program. They don't development kids every year but every year kids are moving on out of there aren't they? But as you say last kick at the can... If it was me and my last kick at the can was to win a suthie and get some cash while doing it where do I sign up? One hell of a last kick at the can bud.
Haha so then your jealous of them then I don't get it... If you can't beat Em join Em as the saying goes I guess
Can't blame the players ... by the way C&C from GRE .. it does rhyme .. (C&C = cups and cash ) .. its is like a certain baseball team from Brantford.. I think they just won their third World Championship
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:
by oldtymer » Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 pm

You don't get to only talk about what suits your argument. :roll: My 'ganja' is just fine... Sounds like just dropped acid. :lol:
by Caledonia Fan » Sun May 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Don't waste your time. Those who are jealous will just continue to ignore all the facts. All of the actual facts have been written on this forum, some repeatedly. I'm starting to think the only joy the haters get is arguing.

Well lets let them argue with themselves! Talk to the RING!!! :mrgreen:
What you get a ring too? You would probably go out and buy a replica to be part of the team. You seriously need to get a different passion or obsession. Nearly 1/3 of the posts on this forum are yours.. Your fingers must be tired... You really do need a break this offseason ..What will you do?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Port hockey1 wrote: Maybe you call leagues sending players to higher levels joke leagues... But I see it as great for those who advance.
LOL. f*** you are all kinds of stupid.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Ary went to the extreme to win 20 players 19, 20, and 21 year old's
Tierney played in the GMHL last year.

Ayr had Klie who has CHL experience and Serapham who was offered a NCAA scholarship. Honestly, I believe it's just hated for Caledonia because they are Caledonia.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

jfvoll wrote:Ayr had Klie who has CHL experience and Serapham who was offered a NCAA scholarship. Honestly, I believe it's just hated for Caledonia because they are Caledonia.
No one has had any issue to "hate" Caledonia.

I don't like what Ayr did, and I'm a bloody Cambridge fan. It's a mockery.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

You should be a fan of the team. You can't believe some of the things other fans have called us.
The arrogance, the animosity, the angry and a lot of it has nothing to do with hockey.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
Can't blame the players ... by the way C&C from GRE .. it does rhyme .. (C&C = cups and cash ) .. its is like a certain baseball team from Brantford.. I think they just won their third World Championship
If your going to run your mouth get your facts straight Hill United has won world championships tgere from Oshweken not Brantford. Let me guess your jealous of them to? Are you jealous of the lacrosse teams to? I guess what we are saying here is money buys championships right? Be jealous all you want write whatever you want about them bc there the ones getting the last laugh. But they can't hear you right now bc there huge championship rings are in there ears. Here we go complain about something else now. GRE congrats on all the ships you guys have won
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Caledonia Fan wrote:You should be a fan of the team. You can't believe some of the things other fans have called us.
The arrogance, the animosity, the angry and a lot of it has nothing to do with hockey.
Yeah I read it too, it's getting disgusting
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

How much more ridiculous is this thread going to become? It is no secret that the Corvairs were earmarked to win the cup from the get-go and now they are on the verge of accomplishing just that! I for one am over it! For goodness sake the only thing that I personally would like to see is some kind of effort from London in Game 4 to try and salvage some pride and I am not talking about a steady parade to the penalty box.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Beehive wrote:How much more ridiculous is this thread going to become? It is no secret that the Corvairs were earmarked to win the cup from the get-go and now they are on the verge of accomplishing just that! I for one am over it! For goodness sake the only thing that I personally would like to see is some kind of effort from London in Game 4 to try and salvage some pride and I am not talking about a steady parade to the penalty box.

Being a old Caledonia Corvairs JR-C fan. And now a Hagersville Hawks fan. We say the same thing about Your Grimsby Peach Kings.
It is no secret that the Grimsby Peach Kings were earmarked to win the Niagara Distict JR - C from the get-go.
And they go to the extreme to win every year.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Hope London puts up a fight will not be upset if they steal a win.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Post by oldtymer » Mon May 02, 2016 6:10 am
What you get a ring too? You would probably go out and buy a replica to be part of the team. You seriously need to get a different passion or obsession. Nearly 1/3 of the posts on this forum are yours.. Your fingers must be tired... You really do need a break this offseason ..What will you do?
A little off topic, but I guess the haters are just grasping at straws at this point. :lol:

Post by ILuvHackey » Mon May 02, 2016 9:28 am

LOL. f*** you are all kinds of stupid.
This is a hockey forum son. Take your personal insults somewhere else. I realize you born with brain damage, but maybe mommy can direct you to the pre-school pages. :smt005 :lol:

by jfvoll » Mon May 02, 2016 10:46 am
Tierney played in the GMHL last year.

Ayr had Klie who has CHL experience and Serapham who was offered a NCAA scholarship. Honestly, I believe it's just hated for Caledonia because they are Caledonia.
You hit the nail on the head!

This ILuvhockey fellow is a riot. He's seeing red, calling me names and everything. What a tool! :lol: :lol:

by ILuvHackey » Mon May 02, 2016 11:28 am

No one has had any issue to "hate" Caledonia.

I don't like what Ayr did, and I'm a bloody Cambridge fan. It's a mockery.
Sure son, you clearly dream about Caledonia at night, and wake up screaming. :lol:

Cambridge fan...That's why you're so bitter. If I had to watch my team get thumped all season, I'd be bitter too! :oops: :P
by Caledonia Fan » Mon May 02, 2016 12:14 pm

You should be a fan of the team. You can't believe some of the things other fans have called us.
Yup... But who cares what all those little turds think & say. If they want act like fools, that's their choice. I'm just glad that all of the outsiders reading this forum can see what a joke half the fans who post here are. :D
by BillyTheKid » Mon May 02, 2016 12:19 pm
If your going to run your mouth get your facts straight Hill United has won world championships tgere from Oshweken not Brantford. Let me guess your jealous of them to? Are you jealous of the lacrosse teams to? I guess what we are saying here is money buys championships right? Be jealous all you want write whatever you want about them bc there the ones getting the last laugh. But they can't hear you right now bc there huge championship rings are in there ears. Here we go complain about something else now. GRE congrats on all the ships you guys have won
Well said, all the Caledonia fans are loving every minute of this, as are their players. Let the haters hate!! :smt045 :smt045 :smt045 :smt045
Post by Beehive » Mon May 02, 2016 12:45 pm

How much more ridiculous is this thread going to become? It is no secret that the Corvairs were earmarked to win the cup from the get-go and now they are on the verge of accomplishing just that! I for one am over it! For goodness sake the only thing that I personally would like to see is some kind of effort from London in Game 4 to try and salvage some pride and I am not talking about a steady parade to the penalty box.
Well said. And I've been asked to tone things down after writing much more harmless posts than some of these ones here. Nice double standard. I'll be posting uncensored next season about everything. No more holding back.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote: Haha so then your jealous of them then I don't get it... If you can't beat Em join Em as the saying goes I guess
Running my mouth .. I was thought I was typing ! We seem to be a little sensitive about this issue ... Did I strike a nerve Also why would they put huge championship rings in their ears .. that must hurt !
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
Beehive wrote:How much more ridiculous is this thread going to become? It is no secret that the Corvairs were earmarked to win the cup from the get-go and now they are on the verge of accomplishing just that! I for one am over it! For goodness sake the only thing that I personally would like to see is some kind of effort from London in Game 4 to try and salvage some pride and I am not talking about a steady parade to the penalty box.

Being a old Caledonia Corvairs JR-C fan. And now a Hagersville Hawks fan. We say the same thing about Your Grimsby Peach Kings.
It is no secret that the Grimsby Peach Kings were earmarked to win the Niagara Distict JR - C from the get-go.
And they go to the extreme to win every year.
My Grimsby Peach Kings? Surely you must be kidding! I am and always have been a Dundas Blues fan which could not be further from supporting the Peach Kings. I understand what you are saying though. Every year it seemed that the best players would end up there leaving Glanbrook, Dunnville, Caledonia and Dundas to fight for what was left.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
Running my mouth .. I was thought I was typing ! We seem to be a little sensitive about this issue ... Did I strike a nerve Also why would they put huge championship rings in their ears .. that must hurt !
not sensitive atall just love that you will sit behind a computer screen and say this stuff. Yeh there ears must hurt I dunno where there going to put there 3rd ring any ideas? If you didn't have the hearing aids in your ears oldtymer then maybe we could have an actual conversation on this topic no? I just don't understand all the hate directed towards them? You must be involved with a team in the league ? Just enjoy them for what they are the best team put on the ice ever for Jr b. And if your going to argue that then tell me a better one? If you watch ball you can watch Hill United this summer win another world title or do you not like watching good teams? But hey I guess you striked a nerve with me right? Hahahaha you didn't at all just love reading you write BS on here. You know nothing about the game so shut your mouth or sorry quit typing BS. There a great team a great program who will do anything to win if you don't like it then don't watch them find some other fourm to write on. I'm in know way involved with them either just a guy who loves the game been there and played the game and knows what's up? Yeh we know how they got this team or we all think they got the team if you know that for a fact then prove it? Would love to read where U get all your facts and info from. Have a good one oldtymer till next time keep fit and have fun
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

by BillyTheKid » Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm

not sensitive atall just love that you will sit behind a computer screen and say this stuff. Yeh there ears must hurt I dunno where there going to put there 3rd ring any ideas? If you didn't have the hearing aids in your ears oldtymer then maybe we could have an actual conversation on this topic no? I just don't understand all the hate directed towards them? You must be involved with a team in the league ? Just enjoy them for what they are the best team put on the ice ever for Jr b. And if your going to argue that then tell me a better one? If you watch ball you can watch Hill United this summer win another world title or do you not like watching good teams? But hey I guess you striked a nerve with me right? Hahahaha you didn't at all just love reading you write BS on here. You know nothing about the game so shut your mouth or sorry quit typing BS. There a great team a great program who will do anything to win if you don't like it then don't watch them find some other fourm to write on. I'm in know way involved with them either just a guy who loves the game been there and played the game and knows what's up? Yeh we know how they got this team or we all think they got the team if you know that for a fact then prove it? Would love to read where U get all your facts and info from. Have a good one oldtymer till next time keep fit and have fun
Nice. Let em cry. :lol: :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010 :smt005 :smt005
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

2 PERIODS AWAY FROM HISTORY!!!

2-0 after the 1st period. The refs look to be calling Caledonia tight again. Oh well, they've beat them many times before. 40 minutes away from making history!!! :smt020 :smt020 :smt038 :smt035 :smt034 :smt064 :smt080 :smt109

3-3 after the 2nd. Almost looks like Caledonia wants to win this series on their home ice. :wink:

This one will be decided in OT. I'd like to see Caledonia win it on their home ice. But I'm sure the perfect playoff record is on their minds.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Mon May 02, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

Lol porthockey.

Your signature say's it all
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

"Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. "
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:Lol porthockey.

Your signature say's it all
I thought it was fairly accurate. Someone from Welland told me I should use that. It's actually what was said in his movie, when the ratings came in. Those who hated him listened longer. :) :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

London battled really hard in this game. They looked very determined to continue their season, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Caledonia looked a little surprised by London's hard play. They either expected them to roll over again, or some players were having thoughts of winning it at home...

London had a great season. They were a bit of a sleeper coming into the season. They should all be proud of a great season!!! :smt006