New Rule, possible rule changes that should follow

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

New Rule, possible rule changes that should follow

Post by Port hockey1 »

So I just realized something. The entire league, including Caledonia wasn't born yesterday... On that note, everyone will make sure they sign any 20 year olds from the CHL, who've never played in the GOJHL before Jan.10th.

Why would any good club such as Caledonia, St.Catharines, Kitchener, Stratford, Leamington & Chatham sign any of those kids after that date, and use 2 cards???

If teams are breaking the rules by paying these kids, the rich will simply offer more money to the kid in order to get him to sign before Jan.10th... Teams will be very creative.

The more I think about it... I like this new rule. But we should also restrict teams to ten 19 year olds as well. Import goalies should also cost two cards. The local kids deserve a fair shake. It's a hard position to get on a team at any level.

One more thought.... The GOJHL should make a rule that says any 20 year old who's never played in the league before, needs to go through a draft to find out where he's going. This would only apply to players wanting to sign after the season has started. Maybe give the top 4 teams from each division a lottery ball, the team who's ball rolls out gets the kid.

Doing the above would do a lot for player development, and making the league equal when it comes to the skill level on teams.

What's everyone else thinking about that?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102