Stratford(2) vs London(3), Sutherland Cup Semifinal Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Re: Stratford(2) vs London(3), Sutherland Cup Semifinal Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Stratford takes off in 3rd

Stratford scored 3 unanswered 3rd period goals to blow a one goal game wide open. 7-3 was the score tonight. But it looks like the game was much closer than the score indicated.

London's a completely different team on their home ice. But they'll need to win at least once on the road. I know they can do it, with Hughes their's no doubt they can win this series.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
three dog night

Re: Stratford(2) vs London(3), Sutherland Cup Semifinal Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Post by three dog night »

I think this might be a homer series.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

This series is unfolding as many predicted. Looks a lot like the London-Leamington series -- two evenly matched teams going at it hard. Very entertaining, fun to watch and impossible to predict the outcome... just as it should be. Time for the Nats to steal the game they need to bring home from Allman to gain home ice advantage. Friday night in Stratford holds the promise of a being a contest of epic proportions.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

London had a horshoe up their @$$ in the third tonight. 5 open nets and they couldn't put it in. They played horrible in the third but didn't look to bad in the first 2. Stratford should've won. That's gonna hurt them going back into London for a must win
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Lucky or not London came out and did want they had to do. Win one in Stratford. Now back to the bigger ice . This gives them a great advantage to end it.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Betting London ends this in 6.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Cali vairs! wrote:London had a horshoe up their @$$ in the third tonight. 5 open nets and they couldn't put it in. They played horrible in the third but didn't look to bad in the first 2. Stratford should've won. That's gonna hurt them going back into London for a must win
What game were you watching? London dominated the entire period up until Stratford scored to make it 3-2. Only then did the Cullitons start to play the way they're capable of. I guess I'd be worried to if London wins..Caledonia hasn't seen an opponent like this team yet. Good luck to the ohl line against that #21 and #5 on defense. London in 6 on home ice..calling it now.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Are you stupid cpt. If u think London dominated then ur watching the wrong game as well. 2 of their defenceman took stupid penalties because They couldn't get out of their own zone. Score should've been 6-3 Stratford if they London wasn't lucky. London in 6. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. That's funny bud. London wasn't that good. London is decent but true not the best team Caledonia has seen. That to me is still at Catherine's
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Cali vairs! wrote:Are you stupid cpt. If u think London dominated then ur watching the wrong game as well. 2 of their defenceman took stupid penalties because They couldn't get out of their own zone. Score should've been 6-3 Stratford if they London wasn't lucky. London in 6. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. That's funny bud. London wasn't that good. London is decent but true not the best team Caledonia has seen. That to me is still at Catherine's
The Golden Horseshoe is the weakest conference in the GOJHL bar none. A young Lasalle team took the covairs to game six last year..wtf do you think the Nats will do this year. London is decent? Buddy go wash the jerseys and keep telling yourself that, you may just convince yourself. Can't wait to see you at western fair, i'll be the one waving the flag in your face.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

It's a whole different team this year cpt. Last year they didn't even expect to win at the start of the year. Obviously u haven't watched this team very much. They have so much skill and are deeper than any other team. We didn't even have ratchford last series. Put in Ratch and putjordan brown back in and their is some solid defence. What i saw last night in Stratford is a team that can break out Fairley well and on offence is weaker but will get their couple goals a game. If you think you can play defence 3/4 of the game against Cali than your safely mistaken. London is like Ancaster. Plays too much defence but have a few players who can score. You also wanna take stupid penalties like last night you will find out exactly what Waterloo did in the first game. Have fun with your London in 6
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

cpt obvious wrote:
Cali vairs! wrote:London had a horshoe up their @$$ in the third tonight. 5 open nets and they couldn't put it in. They played horrible in the third but didn't look to bad in the first 2. Stratford should've won. That's gonna hurt them going back into London for a must win
What game were you watching? London dominated the entire period up until Stratford scored to make it 3-2. Only then did the Cullitons start to play the way they're capable of. I guess I'd be worried to if London wins..Caledonia hasn't seen an opponent like this team yet. Good luck to the ohl line against that #21 and #5 on defense. London in 6 on home ice..calling it now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Caledonia will be fine against London. Dude... You crack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

cpt obvious wrote:
Cali vairs! wrote:Are you stupid cpt. If u think London dominated then ur watching the wrong game as well. 2 of their defenceman took stupid penalties because They couldn't get out of their own zone. Score should've been 6-3 Stratford if they London wasn't lucky. London in 6. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. That's funny bud. London wasn't that good. London is decent but true not the best team Caledonia has seen. That to me is still at Catherine's
The Golden Horseshoe is the weakest conference in the GOJHL bar none. A young Lasalle team took the covairs to game six last year..wtf do you think the Nats will do this year. London is decent? Buddy go wash the jerseys and keep telling yourself that, you may just convince yourself. Can't wait to see you at western fair, i'll be the one waving the flag in your face.
When London rolls over in 5 or 6 games... All the excuses will come flying out. You must have gotten into a bottle last night. :lol: :smt030 :smt030
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote:It's a whole different team this year cpt. Last year they didn't even expect to win at the start of the year. Obviously u haven't watched this team very much. They have so much skill and are deeper than any other team. We didn't even have ratchford last series. Put in Ratch and putjordan brown back in and their is some solid defence. What i saw last night in Stratford is a team that can break out Fairley well and on offence is weaker but will get their couple goals a game. If you think you can play defence 3/4 of the game against Cali than your safely mistaken. London is like Ancaster. Plays too much defence but have a few players who can score. You also wanna take stupid penalties like last night you will find out exactly what Waterloo did in the first game. Have fun with your London in 6
Exactly. I seriously spit out my coffee after reading Cpt.'s posts. Awesome stuff! :wink:
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I seriously think cpt only watches London games and never other conferences. I wouldn't say the horshoe is the weakest division. I think it has a better 3 or 4 teams with a lot of skill to other conferences. I wouldn't say te depth in the conference is their though. Comparable to Midwest but still more skill in the divison in horshoe. In western their is more depth but less skill on the teams (still is some great players). Also you bring up that lasalle took us to 6 games last year in the final. U may also remember leamington in 5 who was first in that division last year. Also 2 way different teams. This years team also has triple the skill. So next time cpt before you comment at least have some knowledge (not trying to be rude though)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

cpt obvious wrote:
I want Caledonia to play London. Just to see Scott Dorian back. I like that kid. But London hasn't won it yet.
I hope you didn't jinxes it cpt obvious
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea it was great to see Scotty again last night also. Great to see him score
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

London off to Sutherland Cup Finals!!!

6-2 with a pair of empty net goals. I caught the 3rd period. It was kind of odd, Stratford was playing like they had nothing on the line until both teams took penalty's after the whistle, with about 7 minutes left. After that they turned up the heat and quickly got a goal.

Before that London was easily breaking up all of Stratford's passes and blocking them from shooting the puck from quality spots. London was once again outshot by a fairly large margin though.

Off to the finals! :wink: :smt006