#1 Leamington vs #8 St.Marys playoff thread

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

#1 Leamington vs #8 St.Marys playoff thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

It's great to see St.Marys back in the playoffs! Hopefully their goalie can take a game or two for them. But I'm guessing that they're just excited to be here. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Re: #1 Leamington vs #8 St.Marys playoff thread

Post by RocketGirl »

G.1 St. Marys @ Leamington - Thu, Mar 03 7:10 PM
G.2 Leamington @ St. Marys - Sat, Mar 05 7:30 PM
G.3 St. Marys @ Leamington - Sun, Mar 06 7:10 PM
G.4 Leamington @ St. Marys - Wed, Mar 09 7:30 PM
G.5 St. Marys @ Leamington - Thu, Mar 10 7:10 PM
G.6 Leamington @ St. Marys - Sat, Mar 12 7:30 PM
G.7 St. Marys @ Leamington - Sun, Mar 13 7:10 PM

Again, I don't know why St. Marys would give up their regular home night.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

Wonder if the Lincs are thinking they'll get a bigger crowd on Sat. night? Indeed, it is very strange that they would give up their traditional Fri. home night.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Well I wouldn't want to travel to Leamington for a Thursday game and come home for a game on Friday. Get some rest and make Leamington travel to you on Saturday and get back for a game the next night. In fact, in all 3 Lincoln home games, there is a game the next night in Leamington - advantage St. Marys. The Lincolns can all be back in bed sleeping before the Flyers get back home.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Sorry, not much of match-up here
• Offensively huge edge to Leamington
• Defensively it’s Leamington
• Goaltending goes to Leamington
I predict Leamington in 4 games
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sarnia Observer;
(1) Leamington Flyers (41-8-1-0) vs (8) St. Marys Lincolns (9-36-1-4)

Season series: Leamington 6-0-0-0 St. Marys 0-5-0-1

Goals: Leamington 26 St. Marys 9

Special teams: Leamington 20% PP, 90% PK; St. Marys 16% PP, 74% PK

Leading scorers: Leamington – Mitchell Amante 24G, 55P; St. Marys – Brent House 27G, 62P

The best got better.

The Flyers finished first in the conference for the third straight season, and for the third year in a row they accumulated more points – 76, 78, and now 83 – than the previous season.

Now the club is looking for a third straight league playoff championship and another attempt at the Sutherland Cup after being eliminated in the provincial semifinals the last two years.

“The last two are history now,” Flyers head coach Tony Piroski said. “This is brand new, it's a brand new team.”

Over half the roster has been overhauled, he pointed out, but it's still an older group for the most part.

“So we do have some experience,” Piroski said.

The Lincolns, meanwhile, fended off Lambton Shores for the final playoff position by picking up three points over the last week, which included an overtime loss to Leamington.

“We've had some success against them throughout the year, now Friday night, three or four days ago, they took us to overtime,” said Piroski, in his sixth season with the team. “We're not going to take anything for granted. We know what this league is all about, there's been a lot of upsets throughout the years in the playoffs.”

On the injury front, Leamington was able to rest banged up players as the season winded down due to their significant lead in the standings.

Flyers goalie Tyler Wall, who posted the lowest goals against average throughout all three conferences at 1.49, will start Game 1 Thursday night.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I see the Flyers won 4-0 tonight and dominated them in shots, out-shooting them 53-11.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

No contest here. Flyers will be well rested for Chatham.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Flyers one win away

10-2 tonight, another domination. Leamington wen't with the veteran goalie tonight, although I believe the rookie still owns the crease at this point.

Manchurek has come as advertised, putting up points in this series. Leamington looked to be struggling to score goals as the season ended. Well I guess there's no concerns there anymore. :)

And I have to say, there was a lot of talk about Sanko not being able to play Jr.B at the beginning of the season, on the Jr.C forum.

Well it looks like the kid's been a great fit in Leamington, going by the scoreboard anyways.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Sanko has been one of the most valuable assets to the Flyers, yes he takes his penatlies but he makes so many plays with his level of effort. Not the greatest skater but he has the hockey smarts and wont find anyone that works harder.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Sanko has been one of the most valuable assets to the Flyers, yes he takes his penatlies but he makes so many plays with his level of effort. Not the greatest skater but he has the hockey smarts and wont find anyone that works harder.
Ahter reading some of the stuff on the other forum last year, I was really pulling for him this season. The kid sounds like a warrior who would be welcomed on any team. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

11-2 tonight, that was quick. The scores were bigger than I expected too.