The Jr.C, B, & A systems

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

The Jr.C, B, & A systems

Post by Port hockey1 »

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense in some ways. We see kids leave Jr.C for Jr.B, then leave Jr.B for Jr.A after a season.

I understand these levels are supposed to be about developing young talent. But why can't we have their original teams develop these kids? If a kid starts out in Jr.C, unless he makes it to the OHL he should be staying in Jr.C.

Same as when kids start in Jr.B & Jr.A. In cases where a kid isn't good enough for the team he's on, demote him to B, C, AAA, etc.

It's hard for the teams and fans the way players are constantly changing leagues. I think the OHA should re-align these leagues and their rules, ultimately making the three leagues into one with three levels. Like D1, D2, D3....

The Jr.C leagues would have their divisions like they do now, and the GOJHL, & OJHL would D1, & D2.

This way the scouts can get out to all three leagues to see who they're looking at, and they'd notice other kids who might deserve a look.

This would also put the pressure on the OJHL and GOJHL teams to identify talent early. The OJHL would get first dibs on young talent, followed by the GOJHL, and Jr.C.

If a higher division team(OJHL, GOJHL) cuts a kid, the next lowest divisions teams would be able to compete to sign him.

Doing this would keep players where they started. Having all three leagues using the same rules would be needed as well. Meaning two leagues would need to get with the times and add those 3 overage spots for 21 year olds. The only way a player could leave for another league would be if the CHL team that drafted him calls him up.

I know this is only a dream at best. But what does everyone else think about that? Would it balance the talent pool, and help teams keep talent, or would it be a mess?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102