PS boxscore craziness

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RecKing

PS boxscore craziness

Post by RecKing »

Many of us who have followed Jr. B hockey online via Pointstreak are aware of the errors which occur. Some of those errors are just oversight, some are lack of proof-reading final sheets and others like tonight's boxscore Pelham @ Thorold show multiple goals - in this case 4 - being scored at the same time of the third period Have they started using multiple pucks? Or did the operator's fingers get stuck on entering the same clock time?
There was also the case of two goals being scored two seconds apart late in the second period - an impossibility but even if it was it would be a world's record. Obviously the PS operator, the refs and the GMs did not do any proof-reading.
So why does the GOJHL maintain a system which does not carry some warning indicating these impossibilities? Surely the system should be able to denote when two goals are entered bearing the same time?
Such occurrences - usually two goals at the same time - have happened in all the conferences since the GOJHL - and once in the west I recall seeing a goal scored by a player who was in the penalty box. Fortunately that error was caught.
Maybe the powers that be should start looking at other scorekeeping systems. PS seems to lack quite a few things and the GOJHL could benefit by having better personnel do the game sheets.
Port hockey1

Re: PS boxscore craziness

Post by Port hockey1 »

You raise a lot of great questions/points.

But in fairness to whoever was operating pointstreak tonight, Pelham games are hard to get into, and easy to fall asleep during. :) :smt003
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102