Chatham vets need to be better!

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Chatham vets need to be better!

Post by Port hockey1 »

Not going to name names but I'm not very happy with a few veteran players offensive numbers so far this season. A pair of '95's & a '96 birth year have been huge letdowns on the score sheet so far this season.

These kids need to be better, one of our other forwards, a top 3 forward has been a little slow to start too. But he's picked it up lately with the offense. This team won't be able to skate with the top two teams without better play from a certain few.

Tonight was just what the doctor ordered(8-0 loss,to Flyers), a reality check for the veterans. This team has several rookies with numbers that put a few vets to shame.

On the other hand, there's many positives to build on.

The return of Johnston from the OHL.
The play of veteran players Mark Fratarcangelli(10 gms, 5 assists), & Ian Faubert, who leads the team in points(17 gms, 12-16-28 points).

Connor Mckinnon is another veteran who's really stepped up on the score sheet. Second year player Dede Cato has been outstanding with 15 points in 17 games(5-10) this season. A huge increase in the scoring department from last season.

Several great rookies who played Jr.C last season too. A few who standout are Austin Thompson with 18 points in 17 games(10-8), Ross Krieger with 14 points in 17 games(7-7), & Logan Percy(defense) who has 13 points in 16 games(1-12).

Like I said, there's a few veterans that need to step it up a little. If that happens, this team looks like a serious threat come playoffs. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102