Fan reaction to new import rule

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Fan reaction to new import rule

Post by Port hockey1 »

For anyone that doesn't know: This means every team in the West now has the same drawing area. Example: Any player living in any Western teams drawing area can sign with whatever Western team he wants to without being put on a import card. This goes for the Mid-West teams and Golden Horseshoe teams as well in their drawing areas.

I like the rule change. It really levels the playing field. Some will probably argue the following:

Pro's:

-Drawing areas are now all equal.(were different populations before the change)

-Teams can no longer use lack of imports as an excuse for not competing. There's plenty of talent in the drawing area. Players will come to committed organizations.

-It now becomes a lot easier to make trades within the conference. No more problems will arise due to boundaries.

Cons:

-Some teams may have trouble finding 8 good players for import cards. Some due to lack of marketing, others due to lack of billets.

-Some teams will now be able to load up on great players from all around the drawing area due to the teams reputation of winning. Add 7-8 skilled imports and things could become interesting.

I think teams with solid history's such as Chatham, Strathroy, Leamington, LaSalle, London & Sarnia will become that much better. Other teams like St.Marys will be able to improve too.

Teams like Lambton Shores will need to focus on developing what they have in order to market themselves as a desirable place to play. This is the chance they've been asking for, a level playing field.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102