Chatham Maroons cut ties with Mark Davis

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Chatham Maroons cut ties with Mark Davis

Post by flyers2011 »

The Chatham Maroons have reportedly cut ties with head coach and general manager Mark Davis. Details related to Davis’ exit from the Maroons organization were not immediately available.

Although they asked not to be named, CKSN received confirmation from three sources, both close to the Maroons, and from within the organization Monday afternoon stating Davis was no longer with the team.

Davis was hired by the Chatham Maroons in 2013 after Bill Bowler left the team. This was Davis’ second stint with the Maroons in the past decade. He coached the team to the Western Conference final last season, and also in 2006.

Davis is also currently listed as a scout for the OHL’s North Bay Battalion.

Prior to his time with the Chatham Maroons, Mark Davis was the head coach of the GOJHL’s Lambton Shores Predators, and previously, the Wallaceburg Lakers.

Davis has multiple Junior B titles with Petrolia and Sarnia, and C championships with Wallaceburg and Mooretown to his name, and also coached professionally with the Motor City Mechanics. At the minor hockey level, Davis coached the Wallaceburg Midgets to an OMHA and SilverStick championship.

The Chatham Maroons were climbing up the GOJHL Western Conference’s standings at the time of Davis’ departure from the team, currently sitting in third, only one point behind the Sarnia Legionnaires in the Western Conference, with a 16-6-1.

CKSN will continue to follow this story and provide additional details, and a public comment from the Chatham Maroons organization as information is released.
End of a era in Leamington
flyers2011

Re: Chatham Maroons cut ties with Mark Davis

Post by flyers2011 »

hey Port ? you know everything about the maroons, how didn't you know this ?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The rumour I'm hearing is that Davis is going to take the vacant job in Mooretown, so Blades, you can ask him what happened. :)
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:hey Port ? you know everything about the maroons, how didn't you know this ?
Who said I didn't? :?: I was waiting for the Chatham paper to break the story so I didn't say anything that wasn't released by the team. I actually received a text about it earlier...Why did you name the sports blog if they requested not to be named?

I wasn't surprised to see you beat me to it though. :wink: This will have no bearing on how the twam plays this season, you can take that to the bank.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

[quote="RocketGirl"][/quote]

From what I've heard...You just released confidential information....
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

There, I haven't leaked anything confidential. But if I've heard it, how confidential can it be?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Same reason I heard, after everything that went on over the last year and a half how dumb can Davis be, if its true I hope he ends up with the suspension, all the money he has cost the maroons in fines already, this must of been the final straw.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:There, I haven't leaked anything confidential. But if I've heard it, how confidential can it be?
Just saying what I was told. I was kind of shocked to see it in print on here. lol
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

The Chatham Maroons parted ways Tuesday with head coach Mark Davis and assistant coach Shawn Tiffin.

Team officials were tightlipped about the departures of Davis and Tiffin, who were in their second season with the Maroons.

“No one will have a comment tonight,” co-owner Karen Szekesy said. “We'll have a release in the morning.”

Davis confirmed he's no longer with the Maroons, but he was reluctant to say more until the team issues its release.

“I stepped down because of work,” said Davis, whose job as an account manager for HSE Integrated keeps him on the road long hours.

Tiffin also declined to comment.

“I'll leave that up to them,” he said about the Maroons' owners.

Assistant coach Tyler Roeszler and goalie coach Bino Pereira remain with the team. Jeff MacDougald was also at Tuesday's practice after being hired as an assistant coach.

There was no immediate word on the new head coach, but Roeszler was in charge of the practice.

More to come.
Chatham Daily News

As if he stepped down because of work haha typical davis BS
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Your comment flyers...I thought that part would be obvious to everyone. A coach almost always says it has to do with work or family commitments when they don't want to really say what happened.

At least that's what always happens in the Shoe. :)
Blades

Post by Blades »

RG do not expect me to speak to Davis if he lands in Mooretown. He would be the last person I would want to speak with.

Why do some here say there is an opening in Mooretown? Last I heard, Blake Morrison from the Legionnaires is the head coach in Mooretown. Something changed?
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
slap-shot

Post by slap-shot »

The Mooretown rumor was flying around when Mooretown didn't have a coach, but Blake has been there for a while now and working with what he has, I am pretty sure it's a dead rumor now.
Drop the puck, the playoffs are here
HockeyGuru32

Post by HockeyGuru32 »

Davis will be out of hockey for a year after the OHA investigates this and Tiffin might be as well
slap-shot

Post by slap-shot »

What did he "allegedly" do this time to be investigated ?
Drop the puck, the playoffs are here
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

HockeyGuru32 wrote:Davis will be out of hockey for a year after the OHA investigates this and Tiffin might be as well
You have clearly heard the same rumour I have. But here's my question. If 2 coaches have been turfed for this alleged behaviour, why wasn't the other one?
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Maybe he was the one that blew the whistle on them to the OHA. Someone had to.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Marcie wrote:Maybe he was the one that blew the whistle on them to the OHA. Someone had to.
Even still, I would hope that he would be dealt with in the same manner as the others. He has just as much responsibility as the other coaches to maintain and ensure the team is in line.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Well Roeszler is the new head coach. Who will be GM for the next 36 days until Szekesy can work with the team again?

http://cksn.ca/2014/11/tyler-roeszler-n ... ead-coach/
Queen of the GOJHL

rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

RocketGirl wrote:Well Roeszler is the new head coach. Who will be GM for the next 36 days until Szekesy can work with the team again?
Mrs. Szekesy :smt002

I don't think they'd bring someone in for 36 days. But it's prime transaction time, so you'd think they'd name someone interim until then.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I especially love this quote from the article, "The Chatham Maroons will be releasing no further statements on these coaching changes."

Totally not suspicious. Hahaha
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

for those interested, also quite the discussion going on over on the Junior C forum about this topic.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/626310/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;