2 Lincs Looking for a New Home?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Blades

2 Lincs Looking for a New Home?

Post by Blades »

I was reading an article about the GH leaving the GOJHL using the online version of the Regional Country News for St. Marys. After reading that portion of the page, the next "bullet" was about a couple of players who apparently want out of St. Marys. According to the article (which can be found at http://www.southwesternontario.ca/sport ... shoe-loop/ it had to say the following:
Captain Rai DiLoreto and defenceman Cal Ruddock, both from London and second-year players with the team, left the Lincolns prior to their two weekend games against Lambton Shores
OUCH! Not thinking it's too good a thing that the captain wants out. Perhaps they are looking to play "at home" since they are both from London and the Nats are higher in the standings (6th place, at the moment) than the Lincs.

Has anyone heard anything about why they want out? I mean, there's the obvious -- they would rather play for a winning team but I wonder if there's more to it than that. Has anyone from that area heard anything?
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Re: 2 Lincs Looking for a New Home?

Post by Port hockey1 »

I can see them ending up in London. Does Chatham have any import cards left? :idea:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Port hockey1 wrote:I can see them ending up in London. Does Chatham have any import cards left? :idea:
If they do, I doubt they would use one on either of them. I feel they would have bigger shoes to fill their cards as usual :P
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

This needs to stop !. Every year St Marys gets a gun put to their head by 2nd or 3rd year players that want to go play for a winner, every year one or two players want to go home to London. St Marys is very good about offering players in their final year an opportunity to go play for a contender if the team feels it cannot compete in the playoffs, because of the proximity to London it usually involves them. St Marys usually gets a couple of young prospects in a trade that are not good enough to play in London and the cycle repeats. St Marys needs to tell these kids to grow up and either play here or go play jr.C, if you want to play jr B it will be for us or not at all. and the league needs to back the teams that are put in this position ie St Marys and Lambton Shores as they are currently nothing more than development teams for the rest of the league.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That's been London's MO for how many years now? How many times do they trade away a 16 or 17 year old to St. Marys, St. Thomas, Strathroy, Lambton Shores, and then when that kid gets to be 19 or 20, they all of a sudden ask for a trade back to London. It's like London doesn't want them when they're young, they don't want to have to develope them, but then when somebody else has, that's when they want them back.

It's unfortunate that these kids have quit the team, especially the captain. I understand that they're at the bottom and no one wants to be on a sinking ship, but Merlin is a good coach and they need to buy into his program because they will be a contender. But if they don't want to be there, you can't make them.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ramrod wrote:This needs to stop !. Every year St Marys gets a gun put to their head by 2nd or 3rd year players that want to go play for a winner, every year one or two players want to go home to London. St Marys is very good about offering players in their final year an opportunity to go play for a contender if the team feels it cannot compete in the playoffs, because of the proximity to London it usually involves them. St Marys usually gets a couple of young prospects in a trade that are not good enough to play in London and the cycle repeats. St Marys needs to tell these kids to grow up and either play here or go play jr.C, if you want to play jr B it will be for us or not at all. and the league needs to back the teams that are put in this position ie St Marys and Lambton Shores as they are currently nothing more than development teams for the rest of the league.
Are you for real? These kids are promised a winning team is being built. When things don't happen that way, they have every right to demand a trade. Why should these kids have to be embarrassed every time they play hockey???

Would you tell your kid to grow up and play for St.Marys or Pelham? I don't think many parents would and I don't blame the kids for wanting out.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:That's been London's MO for how many years now? How many times do they trade away a 16 or 17 year old to St. Marys, St. Thomas, Strathroy, Lambton Shores, and then when that kid gets to be 19 or 20, they all of a sudden ask for a trade back to London. It's like London doesn't want them when they're young, they don't want to have to develope them, but then when somebody else has, that's when they want them back.

It's unfortunate that these kids have quit the team, especially the captain. I understand that they're at the bottom and no one wants to be on a sinking ship, but Merlin is a good coach and they need to buy into his program because they will be a contender. But if they don't want to be there, you can't make them.
A lot of teams deal prospects only to get them back in a couple years though...
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Port hockey1 wrote:
ramrod wrote:This needs to stop !. Every year St Marys gets a gun put to their head by 2nd or 3rd year players that want to go play for a winner, every year one or two players want to go home to London. St Marys is very good about offering players in their final year an opportunity to go play for a contender if the team feels it cannot compete in the playoffs, because of the proximity to London it usually involves them. St Marys usually gets a couple of young prospects in a trade that are not good enough to play in London and the cycle repeats. St Marys needs to tell these kids to grow up and either play here or go play jr.C, if you want to play jr B it will be for us or not at all. and the league needs to back the teams that are put in this position ie St Marys and Lambton Shores as they are currently nothing more than development teams for the rest of the league.
Are you for real? These kids are promised a winning team is being built. When things don't happen that way, they have every right to demand a trade. Why should these kids have to be embarrassed every time they play hockey???

Would you tell your kid to grow up and play for St.Marys or Pelham? I don't think many parents would and I don't blame the kids for wanting out.
Really ? You're asking me if I'm for real. What a stupid comment, but than again who would expect anything less from you.

Nobody promise's these kids a winning team within one year after being acquired in a trade. These kids are not being recruited, THEY ARE COMPENSATION FROM A TEAM THAT DOSEN'T WANT THEM BECAUSE ANOTHER KID AND HIS PARENTS HELD A GUN TO THEIR TEAM TO TRADE HIM IN THIS ON GOING CYCLE. How can a team build a contender with a revolving door where players come in one year and want out the next. These kids and their parent know full well what they are getting into. They know the history of the team that they are being traded to ( its all right there on point streak ) and they don't have to accept the trade. They accept the trade because they are not getting played the ice time that they think they should get with the team that they are being traded from, ( if they are even being played at all ), and they and their parent think that they are better than that

If the players that left Lambton Shores to go to your beloved maroons last year had stayed in Forest they would have had just as much success as they did in Chatham.

Its sad that a team with money can go out and tamper with kids and their parents on another team by promising them money and a championship to demand a trade from the team that they are now on ,,,,,, but than again that doesn't always work out :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ramrod wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Really ? You're asking me if I'm for real. What a stupid comment, but than again who would expect anything less from you.
Funny, I feel the same way about you. I have my opinion...One that follows what normally happens when a team tanks every year. And you have your opinion, an opinion that is just that. If it were anything more than that, the league would've been backing it a long time ago.

I replied asking if you were for real, you reply with a long paragraph of insults.

Sorry buddy, but these kids will never be forced to play for a constant bottom feeder. Most of them would hang their skates up first. St.Marys has had plenty of time to develop a winner. It isn't these kids fault that they've failed to do so, it is there's.

<<<< :smt068 >>>> You shooting off your insults. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

By the way, plenty of teams have went from worst to first...Chatham being a fine example. Kids wanting out happens everywhere. Even on winning teams, so...
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

look at Leamington, before the new ownership and Piroski and staff no one wanted to go to Leamington, kids would play C hockey before going there, now there contenders each season. and your right Port Chatham finished last place and then finished First place the next season a couple years back.
End of a era in Leamington
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Not much sense getting into a battle with a child who's coming into the fight without any weapons,,, I've got lots :smt027

Oh look I've got smilies too

:smt021 :smt071 :smt068 :smt067 :smt072 :smt063 :smt070 :smt066

I just couldn't find the one that applies to you

I'm done with you Jack A$$,, it's been fun but not worth my time to banter with a child.

I look forward to your childish reply when you get home from school (lmfao)

hmmmm couldn't find that one either
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ramrod wrote:
Not much sense getting into a battle with a child who's coming into the fight without any weapons,,, I've got lots :smt027

Oh look I've got smilies too

:smt021 :smt071 :smt068 :smt067 :smt072 :smt063 :smt070 :smt066

I just couldn't find the one that applies to you

I'm done with you Jack A$$,, it's been fun but not worth my time to banter with a child.

I look forward to your childish reply when you get home from school (lmfao)

hmmmm couldn't find that one either
You've called me several names now, but I'm the child... :smt043 :smt025

Only in your world. I'd be crabby too if I were a Lincolns fan. :smt005 I know you'd like to turn this conversation into this :smt014 >>>> But I wont be dropping down to your level. :smt006
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

Oh look School got out early (lol)
You've called me several names now, but I'm the child
Easy reply. Yes you are (hahaha)

I will put it in a language a child should understand (Bugs Bunny said it best)

What a maroon (lol)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ramrod wrote:

I guess your memory is fading. :smt030
sam

Post by sam »

If you look at the territories that StMarys can draw from ,then look at the minor hockey systems in those areas it is not hard to understand why they have a tough time recruiting good players.The only players they can have is left overs from Stratford or London.Our minor hockey system is not big enough to produce the quality players required for a junior B team,We can draw from Lucan but those players are swing players as well,London or Strathroy have the pick.,Exeter the same thing .Our team try to recruit from Fanshaw College but those guys don't want to get to far from school and London,so there you go .Settle for what London and Stratford don't have room for.StMarys is the oldest junior B team in Ontario,and it would be a shame to loose them,They have been getting around 250 fans per game ,not enough to pay for the ice time and the bus to the next game .It is a big committement for a young lad,between practice and games average 5 nights a week,and if one has to drive from the big centers to out of town,it makes for a lot of driving .
Sam
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It would be a sad day if St.Marys left. A lot of history with that team.
sam

Post by sam »

the Lincolns could improve their image by getting rid of their ugly home sweaters,who picked those clours.
and going back to the colours they had last year.
sam
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

Good post sam. It's nice to read something intelligent on this thread.

For what it's worth I don't think London will have any interest in those 2 players. They have stated they are on a youth campaign and are building for the future. Guess time will tell...