Golden Horseshoe Leaving?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Re: Golden Horseshoe Leaving?

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:Here's a question to ponder. If the GHC is leaving the GOJHL, will the continue to be listed as part of such on PointStreak this season with the understanding that they won't be next season? Or do they simply move the GH to their "own" league from the perspective of Pointstreak.

Just curious ... as always.
I find it odd that they still play for the same Championship but not head to head in the All-Star game.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm not sure why you're having a hard time with this. It's not official yet, as far as I know, but the Shoe doesn't want to be part of the GOJHL, so why would they participate in our All-Star and Prospects games? If they want one, they can have their own;

I do recall before we amalgamated, that there would be split All-Star games, 1 year would be Mid-West vs. Shoe, the next Mid-West vs. West, the next Shoe vs. West, but any years that we weren't involved, we just had our own.

The reason they can still compete for the Sutherland is because it's an OHA Jr. B Championship and they are still recognized as a Jr. B league under the OHA.

And Blades, I thought about Pointstreak the other day as well.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Like I said, they've played in the All-Star games before. You said so yourself. Just because the Shoe is no longer a part of the newer league shouldn't mean no more All-Star match ups.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Blades

Post by Blades »

Port hockey1 wrote:Like I said, they've played in the All-Star games before. You said so yourself. Just because the Shoe is no longer a part of the newer league shouldn't mean no more All-Star match ups.
That may be true. However, since this all star game is a GOJHL all star game, which means it will feature only those teams who are still part of the GOJHL. Right now, that excludes the GHC.

Should the GOJHL cease to exist and all three conferences are on their own again, then yeah, we could likely go back to the way it was a few years back.

However, as long as it's the GOJHL all-star game, no one playing on a GHC team gets invited unless they (the GHC) become part of the GOJHL once again.

I understand you'd like to see the players from the GHC get recognition and play in an all star game, but their teams decided to no longer be part of a league. Not a member = does not get to participate.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I wish we could just keep it together(3 divisions) and let the three do things how they want to in their divisions. Then everyone is happy and it's easier to follow all the Jr.B teams.

We all play for the same thing, so doesn't that make sense?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I guess the Local sports report doesn't make much sense anymore. There's a link to the "western conference" & the "Golden horseshoe conference". lol
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Oh don't you worry. I'll be discussing that with Kevin before long.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Oh don't you worry. I'll be discussing that with Kevin before long.
I'm thinking maybe because the Shoe is still listed under the GOJHL online. Maybe he's leaving it until next season...Either way, not much activity over there anyways.

I've seen tumbleweeds that are more active. :P
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

He hasn't done anything because I haven't asked him to yet. I was waiting for the official announcement that the Shoe is out before proceeding with my plans for the blog.
Queen of the GOJHL