Respect!!!

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Respect!!!

Post by Port hockey1 »

Checking from behind has gotten out of hand. A match penalty was assessed tonight for doing so.

Almost every game we're seeing players run guys into the boards from behind.

Any players that may read this: Hitting from behind is classless, it's gutless. Time to grow up and play like men! Got a problem? Drop the gloves. Enough of this cowardly behavior.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Lilomnivore

Re: Respect!!!

Post by Lilomnivore »

What a nasty check it was too, behind head first followed in after with a hip to the head. I'm very surprised he got up and off the ice without a stretcher, mind you he did need multiple players to help him off.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lilomnivore wrote:What a nasty check it was too, behind head first followed in after with a hip to the head. I'm very surprised he got up and off the ice without a stretcher, mind you he did need multiple players to help him off.
Three checking from behind calls around the league tonight. Two were majors, one came with a match penalty. It is getting out of hand.

Who was the Chatham player?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Lilomnivore wrote:What a nasty check it was too, behind head first followed in after with a hip to the head. I'm very surprised he got up and off the ice without a stretcher, mind you he did need multiple players to help him off.
Three checking from behind calls around the league tonight. Two were majors, one came with a match penalty. It is getting out of hand.

Connor Annett, didn't hear anything more after what they initially thought it might be as he was coming off the ice, but they thought he might have a broken shoulder.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lilomnivore wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Connor Annett, didn't hear anything more after what they initially thought it might be as he was coming off the ice, but they thought he might have a broken shoulder.
That would be a big loss. At least Cato can move back to the blue line.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Port hockey1 wrote:
That would be a big loss. At least Cato can move back to the blue line.
Back to where he should be. Sure he can play both well, But he is far better on defense.
sam

Post by sam »

I don`t know the whole story and never seen either of the checks ,but the Lincoln player your referring to just got back from a serious concusion from an exhibition game back in Aug. could there be some revenge.
SAM
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

sam wrote:I don`t know the whole story and never seen either of the checks ,but the Lincoln player your referring to just got back from a serious concusion from an exhibition game back in Aug. could there be some revenge.
SAM
A lot of revenge in this league. The thing is, players need to learn that running a guy into the boards by their numbers isn't ok.

Someones going to be killed one of these days. This goes for everybody.
mrunsfan

Post by mrunsfan »

Chatham News reporting a separated shoulder and rib injuries for Annett. He is expected to be gone for 4-6 weeks. Hope he is a quick healer.
mrunsfan

Post by mrunsfan »

Just thought I'd comment on the revenge theory being offered. If you are seeking revenge it is usually against someone you perceive as having done something against you. If the St. Marys player has only played for the Lincs during the exhibition season it wasn't Annett who hurt him, they never played each other.

On the other hand if you are seeking to hurt someone just because you were hurt that's not revenge, we used to call it head-hunting.

Either way I don't think either scenario applies in this case.