ROCKET CAPTAIN TYLER DUARTE NOW A FLYER

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Marcie

ROCKET CAPTAIN TYLER DUARTE NOW A FLYER

Post by Marcie »

From the Rockets' facebook page:

The Strathroy Rockets continue to shake up their line-up and tonight in St. Thomas they will be without their Captain of 3 years as they dealt Tyler Duarte to the Leamington Flyers this week. Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed as of yet but GM Dan Gibson did tell myFM Radio that "The Rockets have been struggling with Leadership and felt it was the best thing for the team. Tyler also felt it was the best thing for him. We respect Tyler and his abilities and appreciate his commitment over the past 5 seasons".

From the Rockets' website:

The Strathroy Rockets traded captain C Tyler Duarte to the Leamington Flyers on Friday.

Duarte, 20, was in his fifth season with the Rockets and third as team captain.

Final details of the transaction will be announced at a later date.

“The Rockets have made the difficult decision to trade our captain of three seasons,”said general manager Danny Gibson. “We have been struggling and felt it was the best thing for the team. Tyler also felt it was the best thing for him.”

The Rockets sit in eighth place in the nine-team Western Conference with a record of 4-10-0.

“The organization felt that a culture change was required and this may help with that. We respect Tyler and his abilities, and appreciate his commitment over the past five seasons, but we feel this is the right move as one of the approaches to get us back on track”.

Gibson said the move was made to address a few things, but mostly to attempt to drive a new culture within the team.

“Our assistant captains have been doing a great job and all three have the potential to be considered the Rockets’ first new captain in three seasons", said Gibson.

The assistant captains are LW Nick Boyer,RW Stuart King and D Matt Laberge.

Gibson says there is no timeline to name a new captain.

Duarte played in 207 regular season games in his Rockets career, scoring 153 points (65-88-153), adding another 45 points (21-24-45) in 45 post-season games.

It was the second trade in a week for the Rockets, who earlier sent backup goaltender G Tynan Lauziere to the Pelham Pirates in a cash deal.

The Rockets kick off a stretch of three games in three days this evening against the St. Thomas Stars on the road before returning home to host the undefeated Sarnia Legionnaires Saturday evening at West Middlesex Memorial Arena (7:30 p.m.).

They close out the weekend with a rare Sunday afternoon home game against the Lambton Shores Predators (2:30 p.m.).
flyers2011

Re: ROCKET CAPTAIN TYLER DUARTE NOW A FLYER

Post by flyers2011 »

Big move for the Flyers, Huge addition to the team, welcome to the Flyers tyler.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Big move for the Flyers, Huge addition to the team, welcome to the Flyers tyler.
Did they send anyone back? I can tell just how exited you are, you wrote the headline in all caps. lol

Huge addition for sure. He'll make everyone that plays with him better.

Edit: I just noticed you didn't start this thread, my bad. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The details have not been confirmed, but supposedly for cash and an underage card.