Results from Viper/Preds game??

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

ah-chielove

Results from Viper/Preds game??

Post by ah-chielove »

Does anyone have a detailed results from the Saturday Vipers/Preds game (Oct. 4/14)?

I am looking for who the goal scorers were and who got the assists, etc.

The report on the Vipers website gives very little detail and Pointstreak is completely useless (they don't think the game is more than 2 minutes old still (what is up with Pointstreak this year???) even after all this time. I have tried twitter as well and can't seem to find any details (especially assists) for the game.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ah-chie
RocketGirl

Re: Results from Viper/Preds game??

Post by RocketGirl »

Lambton Shores - Nick Sproveiro (Brett Corrigan, Vaughn Treppa) 1:22
LaSalle - Korey Morgan (Manny Silverio, Nicolas Crescenzi) 11:19
Period 2
LaSalle - Graham Pickard (power play) (Chris Pignanelli) 2:21
LaSalle - Graham Pickard (Korey Morgan) 6:40
LaSalle - Chris Pignanelli (Tyler Russell, Manny Silverio) 11:57
LaSalle - Connor Rosaasen (Daniel Beaudoin) 18:43
Period 3
LaSalle - Korey Morgan (Daniel Beaudoin) 13:23
LaSalle - Graham Pickard (unassisted) 15:01
LaSalle - Korey Morgan (unassisted) 18:08

Is is now on Pointstreak, showing the game as 8-1, but according to LaSalle, the score was only 7-1.

It appears to have been a rough 3rd period and there are some boys, on each team, sitting for 2 games now.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

PS was misbehaving Saturday night in both the Jr B & C leagues in this area. Seems like it is being a pain often as I heard one referee say this it wasn't the first time he had to deal with incomplete gamesheets from PS post game.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
ah-chielove

Post by ah-chielove »

Thanks to all who answered my enquiry.

I appreciate the quick replies and information about the troubles with PS.

Ah-chie
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I say it every year, but the amount of money that is shelled out every season for this program, there is no reason that it shouldn't work properly. I understand that some arenas have bad internet connections, so that's something that can't be avoided, but to have the game stuck at 19:58 of the first period of 2 days is a bit ridiculous.

This is why they should also be required to keep actual/old school game sheets as well, in cases of technology breakdowns.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

RG -- I agree with you about how much the teams spend using PS for the data and these past few years the service has seen us dealing with glitches at their end. There are a couple of teams for which I volunteer and there is nothing wrong with the internet connection. The connection for those teams isn't wifi and dependent upon the goodwill of weather. They are hardwired right to the area where the laptops are being used. Believe it or not, it's not just in hockey that I see these "glitches" but in lacrosse as well and there are fewer teams using it over a much short time period.

I have to wonder if their servers just aren't equipped for all the clients they now serve. That's on them. With how much our league pays, I don't think we are always getting the best service available. At times, I have wondered if there are other companies out there who provide a similar service as does PS and what kind of deal they would offer to a league of over 25+ teams.

As for gamesheets, I know in Sarnia that the penalty box crew have their copy of the information because the crew chief writes down the penalties and goal scorer/assists which gets transferred to the announcer and then thirdly to the PS person and quite often written by me for my own notes. So in our rink we have at least 3 written copies should PS decide not to work or if the internet decides to not play nice that night. I'm sure it is similar in many other rinks around our league.

This past weekend, when things went south on Saturday, I would say that at least one of their servers went down and that perhaps no one was aware of it until well after the games had actually finished.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
ah-chielove

Post by ah-chielove »

That's interesting.

The difficulties sure seem to be happening more frequently this season than in any past year.

If I were the one footing the hefty PS bill for my team I would start thinking twice about whether the cost of the service was worth the trouble (frustration, mistakes, delays, etc.). Looking around for something better probably isn't a bad idea.

- Ah-chie