Morgan & Davis of Maroons Suspensions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Blades

Morgan & Davis of Maroons Suspensions

Post by Blades »

I noticed that both Alex Morgan and Mark Davis have been given a two game suspension because apparently Morgan left the bench during the second period. Since I'm a curious person by nature, just wondering if anyone was at the game and know the circumstances of why Morgan felt the need to leave his bench causing both himself and his head coach a two game suspension. Not asking this to be a smart @ss, I'm just wondering ...
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
mrunsfan

Re: Morgan & Davis of Maroons Suspensions

Post by mrunsfan »

I was at the game but at the opposite end of the arena so I didn't have a bird's eye view of the occurrence. It appeared to me that a Leamington player hit Verboom into the boards. It looked to me like the head was involved or at the very least charging by the Leamington player. The usual melee ensued. I didn't see Morgan leave the bench from the opposite side of the ice but then I was looking at the scrum. It might be noted that the whistle was blown after a Leamington player was skating down ice with the puck causing me to think a call was being made on Leamington. No call made on the original hit but then again the game was one of the poorest reffed game I've seen, lots of missed calls again.
hockeyfan77

Post by hockeyfan77 »

Verboom had the puck and skated down and around Leamington's net then along the side board when he was hit hard with head contact being involved and most definitely charging. Refs were looking down the ice at other end (don't understand why as Verboom had control of the puck), Morgan had just skated to the bench for the start of a line change when Verboom got hit. Both Verboom and Feasey had been hit previously with hits that were questionable.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I've heard that the officials put on quite the display during that game. A new season, same brutal officials.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

morgan had started to go to the bench but was not there if anything the player that came off was leveque but he jumped way before he should have and yes it was quite the display of officiating hopefully after the head of officiating being at the game something will be done about the reffing in chatham.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!