Let The Games Begin

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

GoWest

Let The Games Begin

Post by GoWest »

Training camps have started. Team rosters are starting to come into focus. Let's hear what's happening out there and get some early predictions going!
Port hockey1

Re: Let The Games Begin

Post by Port hockey1 »

CollegeHockey411 wrote:Training camps have started. Team rosters are starting to come into focus. Let's hear what's happening out there and get some early predictions going!
I asked what's going on with other teams on another thread...I guess it's a big secret. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Blades

Post by Blades »

Can't tell you much around this neck of the woods because there's nothing to report. Camp in Sarnia is being held ... soon (this weekend maybe?) and preseason games next week (I think). Not hearing anything in this neck of the woods ... not that I usually hear anything anyway since I'm on the "volunteer" side of the organization rather than the "team" side.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

The best source of information seems to be Twitter, with several reports of signings and a couple of trades.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

There are teams that don't like to spill the beans, so it's hard to report info on signings and such.

The teams that aren't anal about that, they're in the papers, on Twitter, and/or Facebook.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just trying to get things going. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

Some OHL camps are starting next week and teams will wait to see who is coming back before any final roster decisions.

Being new to the league, I'm surprised by the strong OHL influence and the little emphasis on the NCAA. Seems there are quite a few kids who have lost NCAA eligibility by playing a handful of OHL games without any real hope of making a career in that league.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Over the summer Leamington signed a couple Americans from what I can tell in Kyle Perkowski and Alex Derksen. They also signed Zach Guilbeault and I imagine Brett Markham has signed a card for the season as well. Outside of that from the Red/White game some stand outs were Daniel Mainella, Brett Banwell looked really smooth as well, but doubt he earns a 16 year old card, Blake Rutckyj (whom played parts of the last two years in LaSalle), Tyler Scott and half the of the remainder of the Red team.

I see Henderson returning from London and Tyler Wall using up the two allotted 16 year old cards.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I've heard Wheaton is returning to Leamington as well.

With teams not really releasing who they've signed, or who's coming back, it makes it hard to write the season preview I'm working on. But I plan to have something posted on the blog before the season gets started.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.